Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I benched Matt Ryan

ReputationRep:
    Ryan has been my target QB1 in most drafts. I like him this season. Cordarelle Patterson... Lighting in a bottle. 17-14 in Philly now, that's the offense I was worried about! Zach Ertz fantasy sleeper with the TD

ReputationRep:
    Nick Foles finally, please another TD to someone that isn't McCoy!

And the Saints D had best get an INT or a fumble or something. Damn

ReputationRep:
    Checkdown Chad is 1-10 on 3rd down And now Maclin's gone 68 yards for 24-17, no dream start for the Jags And why do you have the Saints D?! They're just pretty rubbish!

Joe Philbin needs to give his guys some ball handing lessons, if that was the Pats fumbling there would be hell to pay!

Hoyer ties Pittsburgh. ARE YOU SURE!?!? And seriously, I thought the Patriots game would be pretty close but this is too close and I don't like it!

I forgot I had KC in my bet... it's therefore no less than ****ed

My NFL managed league has Sproles, Edleman and Bennett on the Bench On the plus side, Patterson and Bell are both on the field Brady at QB against Matt Ryan might well screw me though.

ReputationRep:
    Literally out of 10 games I'm correct on 2 results atm. I love the NFL

Ah, make that 4 as New Orleans and Cincy go ahead

ReputationRep:
    A win for the Jets

ReputationRep:
    Madness in the Early games here, my predictions were horrible too, I have 5/10 but 2/5 in my bet!

Make that 6 with the Falcons, in Ryan we trust! Still horrible though

BOOM, that 49ers D on my fantasy team off to a flyer! Davis in the endzone TWICE, I'm looking pretty good, might not even need Bryant who got rocked there!

ReputationRep:
    My WR and HB corps is unreal. RG3 and reed .... Less impressive.

ReputationRep:
    Bugger this. I hate fantasy football (:lol:)

Lol. I'm kidding, but seriously what is going on this round? First thing tomorrow I'm dropping the Saints D. Bills come off the wire on Wednesday so I'll try and get them... then hopefully Lacy and Graham actually do something next week. Only people who really did anything for my team were Antonio Brown and Jay Cutler, and Cutler was on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    Cowboys are hilariously bad :lol:

Any Cowboys fans here?

ReputationRep:
    Well every time Romo throws to Dez the 49ers D scores 2 points... pick your potion, pick your poison I suppose.

Also feeling good about my Cowboys 32nd bold prediction, this has been a fun week 1 so far!

I'm on 116 points at minute, is that good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Bugger this. I hate fantasy football (:lol:)

Lol. I'm kidding, but seriously what is going on this round? First thing tomorrow I'm dropping the Saints D. Bills come off the wire on Wednesday so I'll try and get them... then hopefully Lacy and Graham actually do something next week. Only people who really did anything for my team were Antonio Brown and Jay Cutler, and Cutler was on the bench.
    It was dangerous playing the saints d against the falcons offense....away. Saints D should be fine for fantasy football purposes. So glad I have Ryan in both my teams. (Starting [ahead of A-Rod] in one, on the bench [with Romo, behind Rivers] in another.

ReputationRep:
    Poor Flacco. That's gotta hurt.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/7...o-is-so-so-sad

ReputationRep:
    And he had to throw 62 times! They're like college numbers!

ReputationRep:
    In my fantasy football (prize money for winning!) with my American football team, I chose my defense and kicker with my very last 2 picks.

I picked up the Vikings D (22 points) and kicker Nugent, who kicked 5 field goals! (15 points), so 37 of my points came from picks I didn't really care about as such, which made me glad I left them until last lol. I have Tate, who has a knee injury, which I am hoping isn't serious and he will be fine.

TE Clay did jack all for me, 2.7 points, and I have Allen on the bench, who picked up 12 points so I'm feeling that I should swap my TE's around (advantage of picking up 2 TE's).

I also had Lamar Miller on the bench (11.80 points) and instead had Hawkins starting in flex, might have to swap these around, but the Dolphins sharing the run game between two RB's makes me worry that he may not do so much next time!

I am currently losing by 10 points, but all my team mates players have played, and I still have Stafford, Megatron and Allen to play tonight. Surely I should be coming away with a win there.

So many good games yesterday. I am liking the look of the Falcons, have done since I watched them on hard knocks! Was happy to see Freeman get some time too, he may prove to be a good sleeper for me!

ReputationRep:
    I need Ryan Matthews to not lose by more than 17 points to Megatron and I win my first ever week. I'm also beating everyone else in the league by 30+ points on the week so this bodes well for the future.

Now on to serious business.

The Ray Rice video on TMZ; 2 games for any kind of domestic violence is an absolute joke but she gets knocked out and remains that way for about a minute as he's dragging her limp body around the lift, the new rules on domestic violence are better but they don't give much in the way of variance. The bans should be 6 games minimum, that knock out punch should put you in prison regardless of who it's on and all he gets is suspended for two games. The Ravens tweeted when it first came out that his wife deeply regretted her part in the incident!?!? You couldn't actually write it, I'd sure regret taking a jab off Ray Rice too!

Deion Sanders today said this: 'Instead of [email protected] and his Wife being the topic of your conversation today for the video let's PRAY for them and their marriage. #Truth' I only have one thing to say to that and it reads as follows: ARE YOU ****ING SERIOUS. She's married to a guy who knocked her out a month before they married, that either points to her thinking he's a changed man and won't ever do it again or a pattern of abuse.

ReputationRep:
    I drew my matchup :O. Not bad seeing as rg3 the saints defense and Jordan reed combined for 1 point. I also only one person in the league would have beaten me as well.

ReputationRep:
    Ray Rice just got released.

ReputationRep:
    Not surprised to be honest. I would hate to have him associated with the team. And it sends out a clear message too.

I wonder if anyone will dare to sign him?

ReputationRep:
    watched my third NFL game last night, Broncos and indanapolis, great game

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.