Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Atleast our joke of an unbeaten run comes to an end.

Watch Wenger come out with his mental strength bull****.

ReputationRep:
    I'm seriously beginning to doubt that we'll even finish 3rd. Man Utd are almost certainly going to rape us next week

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts from the game;

RVP and Fabregas were excellent all match. Both making plays when those around them were failing to do so. Nasri was good but his finishing was obviously off. He's gone off the boil over the past month or so but there's no blame attached to him. He's still reliable and great on the ball.

Arshavin was excellent, very energetic and full of running. He found space and made some excellent chases and crosses.

Now for the failures;

The defense is awful, as I have been saying time and time again. I have absolutely no idea how anyone can say that our back four is acceptable. They are truly terrible. This season has been lost entirely by the defense. As I said at the start of the season "Arsenal are never going to have a problem scoring goals - it is the defense where the weakness lies" and it has been proven absolutely true.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Cohen's goal is the one that makes Fabregas leave Arsenal. I wouldn't blame him. I've been an Arsenal fan all my life and I'd feel sick to be on the same pitch as some of those wasters.

ReputationRep:
    I really feel sorry for you guys, would have loved to see you win the title over United and even Chelsea.

Well, Chelsea are the only ones we can rely on now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    literally no wum intended - i was just asking after reading the depresive comments above
    2-1. Had an early pen not given but were deservedly 1 down at half time, came out second half and conceded a joke of a pen with a minute which Szczesny saved, we then went down the other end and scored before dominating the entire half and conceding another goal from a corner in the last minute. :sigh:

I still feel there was WUM intended.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nasri08)
    Atleast our joke of an unbeaten run comes to an end.

Watch Wenger come out with his mental strength bull****.
    LOL, I was waiting for someone to say that...

He said that in the conference this morning...and I was like "Yeah, you just keep saying that old man..."

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to wait for one of the clowns on this thread now to come up with statistics promoting Djourou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK.)
    2-1. Had an early pen not given but were deservedly 1 down at half time, came out second half and conceded a joke of a pen with a minute which Szczesny saved, we then went down the other end and scored before dominating the entire half and conceding another goal from a corner in the last minute. :sigh:

I still feel there was WUM intended.
    lol i came in and asked at the wrong time didnt i

ReputationRep:
    This is getting ridiculous, Wenger needs to change tactics sometimes and instruct the players to shot when around the, rather than always trying to square it to a teammate who they "think" is in a better position, it always leads to the opposition's defense intercepting the ball and then we do the same thing over and over again with no end result. We need to play quick and direct football, not just keep possession around the box without actually doing anything.

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem is we don't do enough 1-2's around a crowded box.

brb making a fast paced difficult pass into my teammate who's standing 8 yards out with his back to goal with 3 men marking him and expecting something to happen. Shoot the damn thing ffs, the closest times we came to scoring was when fabregas had those two shots outside the box in the first half.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Incognito)
    I'm pretty sure this is exactly what he'll say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoMatrix)
    What is clear and has been for years is that the teams defence needs major reconstruction.
    Yep it does but Wenger won't. Our defence has been **** for years and Wenger has been too stubborn to change it. His comments the other day about no major changes sums it up really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Incognito)
    Funny because it's true, he will say something like that :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    At least we lost the game so Wenger can't say 'vee showdd characterr to comm back'.

ReputationRep:
    crumbling out of 2nd place? this is new.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahahahaha, ohh well guys you've always got next season.

What am I kidding, you'll flop that season too and lose to Bolton again:awesome:

Way too much show-boating around the box and not enough decent shots, Nasri's chances should of have you 3-1 up, but yet again, like the Carling Cup final you find a way to throw it away.

Wenger out+active role in transfer market=better Arsenal

PS- RVP needs to learn how to lose, funny watching him square up to Davis:laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badger-man)
    I'm seriously beginning to doubt that we'll even finish 3rd. Man Utd are almost certainly going to rape us next week
    You know what I have this weird feeling that

a) We will get raped
    or
    b) By some weird miracle, we put in an amazing performance and then slap ourselves silly SAYING OMG WE SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS ALL SEASON WE TOTALLY COULD HAVE WON THE LEAGUE IF WE BOTHERED WITH ALL THE OTHER GAMES

but I'll mainly put my money on a)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatest21)
    LOL, I was waiting for someone to say that...

He said that in the conference this morning...and I was like "Yeah, you just keep saying that old man..."
    Mental strength
    character
    Average age of the team.

Everytime I hear those words I want to scream/*throw a water bottle*

ReputationRep:
    Paul Merson said "It's over."

Probably over for 2nd Place as well...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.