The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dortmund will win 2-0
Why did Arsenal sell Vermaelen? Probably one of the most bizarre dealings of the window seeing as he didn't get replaced. Before someone might say Chambers replaced him, he's clearly nowhere near Vermaelen's ability currently, and is probably a good 4th choice option at CB, and a 2nd choice RB.

Either way, it's another sign of a lack of ambition, as you're not going to win the CL with such a bare side with poor depth at CB, RB and DM, and lack of real quality at ST.

You're absolutely stacked in attacking minded midfielders, a defensive midfielder who could also play at centre back would have been important tbh as it covers two positions Arsenal needed.

There's been a lot said about the diamond this season already with Liverpool, and now United doing it now. Wouldn't Arsenal work better with (roughly of the teap of my head):
Chambers - Mert - Kos - Gibbs
---------------Arteta-------------
---------Ramsey - Wilshere-----
----------------Ozil---------------
------Welbeck - Sanchez--------

Constructive criticism on whether that is good or bad?
We are the champions, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#Arsenal team to play Dortmund: Szczesny, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Ozil, Welbeck #BORvAFC

#Arsenal subs: Ospina, Chambers, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Campbell, Podolski #BORvAFC
Original post by baconbutty
arent you the guy who supports
liverpool
city
juventus
barca
madrid
porto
bayern
dortmund

and recently atletico

Jesus... Pick one.
Bellerin, wow, what happened to using Chambers?
Ozil on the left lol FML.
Ozil on the left again D: the only thing more annoying than him most probably playing bad tonight (bc hes out of position) is all the people who will now continue to call him sh*t...(even tho hes out of position)

-Ozil hasnt been great this season..but its his form more than him being 'sh*t' bc hes not
Original post by Gob Bluth
Why did Arsenal sell Vermaelen? Probably one of the most bizarre dealings of the window seeing as he didn't get replaced. Before someone might say Chambers replaced him, he's clearly nowhere near Vermaelen's ability currently, and is probably a good 4th choice option at CB, and a 2nd choice RB.

Either way, it's another sign of a lack of ambition, as you're not going to win the CL with such a bare side with poor depth at CB, RB and DM, and lack of real quality at ST.

You're absolutely stacked in attacking minded midfielders, a defensive midfielder who could also play at centre back would have been important tbh as it covers two positions Arsenal needed.

There's been a lot said about the diamond this season already with Liverpool, and now United doing it now. Wouldn't Arsenal work better with (roughly of the teap of my head):

Selling Verm was perfectly logical. He only had a years to go on his contract and he couldn't break the Kos-Mert partnership and he wanted gametime. £15M was an incredibly good deal. The fact a replacement wasn't brought in despite Wenger saying he would is the bigger gripe

tbh Most if not all Arsenal fans would agree with you
Reply 8989
guys. GUYS

STOP

don't let my thread end ;(

inb4 i make the next one too

how much would you hate me
I think Dortmund's weakened team actually favours them more. They'll have more opportunities to break on the counter. Not sure if they have the quality to really hurt you though.
Original post by Gob Bluth

Diamond would be fine if we had a decent BWM. Utd have Blind, and Liverpool have Henderson, ergo they can allow Sterling, Coutinho, Di Maria, Herrera, et cetera to push forward.

Our problem, in this scenario, is if everyone is forward and we lose the ball - it'd be up to Arteta to protect Mert and Kos.
Original post by deborarosa
Ozil on the left again D: the only thing more annoying than him most probably playing bad tonight (bc hes out of position) is all the people who will now continue to call him sh*t...(even tho hes out of position)

-Ozil hasnt been great this season..but its his form more than him being 'sh*t' bc hes not

What was his excuse for being **** last season when he was played in his favoured position?
What was the point of Arsenal buying Ozil?:biggrin:
Looking hopeful, we can win this one. Similar team to last time, but our bench is way better.

2-2 or 3-2 to Arsenal.
Reply 8995
no But srs who's making next thread
What AR said ^^^
Original post by baconbutty
What was his excuse for being **** last season when he was played in his favoured position?

he didnt play sh*t LOL
Reply 8998
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Ozil on the left lol FML.

Why does wenger do this? I don't understand ... Play him in the middle over jack with Ramsey. Then play ox on the left ..: I just dont get it
Original post by Tom_Ford
Bellerin, wow, what happened to using Chambers?

He has tonsillitis. Just Arsenal's luck tbh

Latest