Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    Dortmund still have some decent attackers don't they? Who do they actually have out?
    Yeah, they did some pretty smart business in the window, Reus is out I think, the new signings will take a while to gel I think, an Arsenal win as much as it hurts to say, but Dortmund to top the group.

ReputationRep:
    Dortmund still have some decent attackers don't they? Who do they actually have out?
    Reus, Sahin and Gundogan. Kuba is lacking match fitness and so is Hummels but they can still put a good team on with the likes of asian shirt sales, Miktharyan and with Aubameyang to come off the bench.

ReputationRep:
    Blaszczykowski
    Hummels
    Dong-Won Ji
    Sahin
    Reus
    Gündogan
    Oliver Kirch

I just know Kagawa is gunna do a madness tonite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Reus, Sahin and Gundogan. Kuba is lacking match fitness and so is Hummels but they can still put a good team on with the likes of asian shirt sales, Miktharyan and with Aubameyang to come off the bench.
    I didn't know Immobile was out.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Reus, Blaszczykowski, Sahin, Gundogan and Hummels are out - there may be others.

Aubameyang
    Grosskreutz Kagawa Mkhitaryan
    Bender Kehl
    Schmelzer Subotic Papastathopoulos Pizcek
    Wiedenfeller

Haven't followed BVB over the summer or since the start of the season - so here's my complete guess of a starting XI. It's still not a bad side.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know Immobile was out.
    Pretty much every match lineup is posting Ramos to start. Immobile got injured against Norway so may not be fully match fit. May be on the bench tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Apparently Reus, Blaszczykowski, Sahin, Gundogan and Hummels are out - there may be others.

Aubameyang
    Grosskreutz Kagawa Mkhitaryan
    Bender Kehl
    Schmelzer Subotic Papastathopoulos Pizcek
    Wiedenfeller

Haven't followed BVB over the summer or since the start of the season - so here's my complete guess of a starting XI. It's still not a bad side.

:rolleyes:
    Durm is starting for them now and Ramos is a striker who did pretty well last season. Aubameyang will come on at some point.

Can't wait for this game. The clock is just ticking, wish Pool got Madrid in their first match.

ReputationRep:
    Durm is starting for them now and Ramos is a striker who did pretty well last season. Aubameyang will come on at some point.
    They're gonna need Aubameyang's pace. I'm pretty confident that the three behind the striker will be Grosskreutz, Kagawa and Mkhtirayan, though.

Can't wait for this game. The clock is just ticking, wish Pool got Madrid in their first match.
    I quite like the fact that they got the 'weakest' team first, and at Anfield. Hopefully there's an upset, because they have Basel away and Real at home after that.

ReputationRep:
    Ramos to get at least one tonight. Very underrated player tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    They're gonna need Aubameyang's pace. I'm pretty confident that the three behind the striker will be Grosskreutz, Kagawa and Mkhtirayan, though.

Ramos has quite good pace himself, he was the reason why Hertha's counter football worked so well last season. He also contributes much more defensively than Aubameyang and fits BVB's pressing better, so it makes sense to start him and bring on Auba later on to add some extra threat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qua)
    Ramos has quite good pace himself, he was the reason why Hertha's counter football worked so well last season. He also contributes much more defensively than Aubameyang and fits BVB's pressing better, so it makes sense to start him and bring on Auba later on to add some extra threat.
    What's your team prediction?

And do you know who's actually injured? All we have is rumours.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much every match lineup is posting Ramos to start. Immobile got injured against Norway so may not be fully match fit. May be on the bench tonight.
    Yeah, he played the end of their last match, so I figured he was fit. Point being, Dortmund although weakened are hardly experiencing the same crisis that Arsenal have at the back. They still have an abundance of attacking options, they aren't going to be impotent going forward as some seemed to be suggesting.

ReputationRep:
    Bellerin starts apparently. Slightly fearful cause he doesn't look up to scratch defensively but we need to play more conservatively in big away games. I'm not saying play to stop the opposition but fullbacks shouldn't be allowed to go past the halfway line and Arteta should sit just infront imo. There's enough pace and attacking quality in Ozil, Welbz, Ramsey, Jack and Alexis to effectively hit them on the counter.

I think Welbeck, Ramsey and Alexis workrate could be vital here we need to match Dortmund intensity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Bellerin starts apparently. Slightly fearful cause he doesn't look up to scratch defensively but we need to play more conservatively in big away games. I'm not saying play to stop the opposition but fullbacks shouldn't be allowed to go past the halfway line and Arteta should sit just infront imo. There's enough pace and attacking quality in Ozil, Welbz, Ramsey, Jack and Alexis to effectively hit them on the counter.

I think Welbeck, Ramsey and Alexis workrate could be vital here we need to match Dortmund intensity
    Exactly this. It's Ramsey's work rate that got him the winning goal last year

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410886486.704700.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  51.6 KB
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Bellerin is definitely starting as RB tonight, as confirmed on twitter by our 3rd choice GK Martinez:

https://twitter.com/emimartinezz1/st...09166659948544

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Bellerin is definitely starting as RB tonight, as confirmed on twitter by our 3rd choice GK Martinez:

https://twitter.com/emimartinezz1/st...09166659948544
    Do you know, at first glance I thought you said Martinez is starting too •_•
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Do you know, at first glance I thought you said Martinez is starting too •_•
    :lol: Can see what you mean! If that happened then I know Venga's trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Exactly this. It's Ramsey's work rate that got him the winning goal last year

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410886486.704700.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  51.6 KB

Scenes when Rambo scored. We were getting peppered with Dortmund attacks all game.

Giroud and Ozil instrumental in that goal. Giroud-Rambo link up so under appreciated

ReputationRep:
    For all this hype about our injury crisis, Dortmund's is even worse lol

ReputationRep:
    Dortmund will win 2-0

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.