Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyjane_x)
    I didn't get in my firm, is it worth ringing them up? Also I'm not sure of what to say, can anyone give advice?
    You can try, but if you've been rejected, they may not take you.

(Original post by Tabath)
    Just for info purposes - My daughter just had her UCAS track updated and has been accepted into Durham for Geophysics - her offer was AAB and her grades were ABB (but she was only one ums mark off an A on one of the Bs) so Durham are just taking there time
    Congratulations! . Will you pass them on for us please?

(Original post by admirableyellow)
    is it worth getting a maths paper remarked im one mark off an A i already have my place at uni just wondering if maths marks usually change because its either right or wrong.
    It's not worth it generally. You're into uni!

ReputationRep:
    is it worth getting a maths paper remarked im one mark off an A i already have my place at uni just wondering if maths marks usually change because its either right or wrong.
    Once you're in, you're in. The remark won't change anything but it's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    If we get our papers remarked and they change, can a university revert the rejection?

How long do universities take to email you themselves? Birmingham haven't said anything yet D:

now i'm impatient for my accommodation offer as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiracleLeaf)
    Notes, flashcards and some past papers. I think that I did a lot of work for my AS, but it can't have been that effective
    That's a good place to start. Make sure you tick off your learning objectives as you go, so you know you can do everything that could come up.

Also, make a timetable for revision and stick to it.

One of the easiest things you can do, but also the most overlooked, it re-reading your class notes/work in the evening after your day of studying. It's been shown to improve your retention and recall of information significantly!

Group studying is also great, it makes things a bit more fun and you can hear the information in different ways from different people, which I find can make things much clearer. Sometimes I struggled to understand my teacher's interpretation of the material.

If it was an option, you could also advertise for an additional tutor and have one-to-one sessions as and when you need them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orlanda)
    Got 2 As at AS in Drama and Maths.

Our school is half way through the reforms so my other two subjects (Chem and bio) are linear courses.

Can't decide which one out of drama and maths to drop. I'm applying for medicine. Enjoy both courses equally. C3 and C4 scares me though - already struggling. Predicted A in Maths and A* in Drama.

Eeeek what do I do?!
    This seems like a no brainer, drop maths! Just have a quick check online that universities will accept a more vocational subject such as drama, but from my knowledge most are not to bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta think whether it's worth it or not. You've got your place at university and you'll need to pay money for a remark with no guarantee of whether it will go up or not (bearing in mind that they're now a lot stricter with what should be remarked and not this year).

(Original post by korrin)
    If we get our papers remarked and they change, can a university revert the rejection?
    You'll need to inform the university that you're getting your papers remarked. They're recommended to keep your offer open until the 31st August BUT they are not obliged to.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel disappointed? I met my firm offer but messed up 3 of my 11 exams which cost me an A* in maths/econ, is it worth me resitting individual exams at uni next year?

ReputationRep:
    i just dont know why ucl was so mean that rejected me cause i am ABB from the offer AAB
    i was crying so hard

ReputationRep:
    I am sooooo happy right now
    I got an A for AS Maths and to my surprise, I got an A for all 3 modules- C1, C2 and S1
    I hope I can maintain it for next year though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    :awesome:
    Oh well in that case you're all set.

You can add a clearing choice before 3pm by phoning UCAS (if you want to get it locked in ASAP)

Then you just need to sort out accommodation and update your finance stuff :yes:

Are you still conditional on Track?
    Nah it says unsuccessful

ReputationRep:
    Doing computer studies at LJMU.

Got 400 ucas points
    Not sure what i got for English Language as i still havent received my result for it.
    Did FS maths level 2 - but failed it by 8 marks.

Got an email from ljmu admission saying that there may be a possibiltiy which i may not get in because of my maths result, however my UCAS has still not been updated.

Is there still hope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolkenneth12)
    i just dont know why ucl was so mean that rejected me cause i am ABB from the offer AAB
    i was crying so hard
    I was rejected from Southampton too and only missed my offer by a grade D:

ReputationRep:
    Doing computer studies at LJMU.

Got 400 ucas points
    Not sure what i got for English Language as i still haven't received my result for it.
    Did FS maths level 2 - but failed it by 8 marks.

Got an email from ljmu admission saying that there may be a possibility which i may not get in because of my maths result, however my UCAS has still not been updated.

Is there still hope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by korrin)
    If it says Unconditional, then a remark won't change anything :nah:

(Original post by izzy_hill)
    How long do universities take to email you themselves? Birmingham haven't said anything yet D:

now i'm impatient for my accommodation offer as well
    That depends on the Uni. When I went to Warwick, they didn't email for 2 weeks!

(Original post by strawberry06)
    I am sooooo happy right now
    I got an A for AS Maths and to my surprise, I got an A for all 3 modules- C1, C2 and S1
    I hope I can maintain it for next year though
    Well done!

(Original post by lolkenneth12)
    i was crying so hard
    :console: . Did you get into your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    Doing computer studies at LJMU.Got 400 ucas pointsNot sure what i got for English Language as i still haven't received my result for it.Did FS maths level 2 - but failed it by 8 marks.Got an email from ljmu admission saying that there may be a possibility which i may not get in because of my maths result, however my UCAS has still not been updated.Is there still hope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crozzer24)
    Anyone else feel disappointed? I met my firm offer but messed up 3 of my 11 exams which cost me an A* in maths/econ, is it worth me resitting individual exams at uni next year?
    Personally I wouldn't worry too much about your exact grade with A-level. You've still got an A from the sounds of things which is an extremely good grade to have. First year at university is not always easy (trust me on this, I still haven't recovered from the 15+ exams I've had last year :emo:) and as your module grades will still be registered on your transcript (and with some universities, it even contributes to your degree classification!) I wouldn't risk compromising my grades at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crozzer24)
    Nope. Not worth it. Don't do it. Focus entirely on being brilliant next year. Year 1 may not count towards your degree classification but it will be on your transcript and it's important to get those foundations.

ReputationRep:
    Got into my uni, but got AAB - the B was in geography my strongest subject, and I'm only 3 points off an A - worth remarking or should I leave it?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help? I got 3 B's which I'm happy with considering I'm eligible for adjustment and can apply for better universities, but I'm sort of in between the top grades and universities and the lower ones, and I need some advice for adjustment. I phoned up Reading who want ABB and on the phone,I felt they were tempted to offer me a place, but I didn't quite have enough and so they will only take me if I get a remark up to an A which is unlikely. I'm trying Liverpool but their phone lines seem to be busy constantly. What can i do to convince a better uni I can be successful at their uni???

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.