The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Billa Bong
Sometimes (most of the time) it's so frustrating being an Arsenal fan...maybe we could sign sergio ramos; he certainly knows how to throw cups away :|

This just cheered me up :rofl2:

I'm so disillusioned with football and with Arsenal atm. This is really just disgraceful.
At least Arsenal will be happy to know that they succeeded at lent this year. A chance at four trophies and they managed to ruin everything. Let's congratulate them.
JD bottle or Famous ? Im determined to get alcohol poisoning .... ahh well theres one trophy no one can get in the PL ... and thats the EMIRATES CUP ...

ahh who am i kidding FML
We've got to keep an eye out for Manchester City now. If they win their next 3 games (Blackburn, West Ham, Everton) and we lose against United then we'll both have played 35 but City will be a point in front.
Reply 9004
The worst thing of all is the distinct lack of effort the team is showing.
Reply 9005
Not really sure how you fix it but we just can't close off games.
We are still stuck in the 'score one more than you' mindset, but without scoring.

I am looking forward to an Arsenaless summer, supporting them is definitely going to take a good year or 2 off my life.
Original post by MoMatrix

You guys had 75% pocession for the last 10 minutes of the game, Nasri had God knows how many efforts on goal and yet you still screwed up:biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9007
JK.
OP

Add 100% effort today and we wouldn't have pissed about in the first half, probably taking the lead from their early sloppy defending, we wouldn't have conceded the corner for the goal and we'd certainly not have conceded the last. We don't need a complete overhaul, we need to vary the tactics a bit more to make pressure count and we need to drive some commitment into the players.
Reply 9008
Original post by JK.
Add 100% effort today and we wouldn't have pissed about in the first half, probably taking the lead from their early sloppy defending, we wouldn't have conceded the corner for the goal and we'd certainly not have conceded the last. We don't need a complete overhaul, we need to vary the tactics a bit more to make pressure count and we need to drive some commitment into the players.

2/3 defensive acquistions is paramount in the summer and I am not talking about defenders from the French second division.
Reply 9009
Original post by The Question
I think the problem is we don't do enough 1-2's around a crowded box.

brb making a fast paced difficult pass into my teammate who's standing 8 yards out with his back to goal with 3 men marking him and expecting something to happen. Shoot the damn thing ffs, the closest times we came to scoring was when fabregas had those two shots outside the box in the first half.

:rofl:
Reply 9010
i love how sam allardyce is trying to subtly say wenger needs to fix up haha
Reply 9011
JK.
OP
2/3 defensive acquistions is paramount in the summer and I am not talking about defenders from the French second division.

Why is it? Look at how Kos/Djourou performed against teams like Barca, it's commitment that's lacking, not ability. You can't seriously tell me that Djourou hasn't got it in him to beat Tamir ****ing Cohen to a ball. There's no need to waste to money when there's a much simpler way of improving the team.
Reply 9012
"bolton played a cup game today, one week late"

come on arsene, are they supposed to let us walk over them or something.

nasri had 3 good chances to make it 2-1

we defended really bad on both corners.

that cost us today.
Reply 9013
"we gave everyhting our attitude was fantastic"
"players did fight very hard"
"need to be more mature in some situations when we look a little bit too frail"

ooh nothing on mental strength or the unbeaten run
If we fail to get into the CL spots do you reckon Wenger will go?
Original post by JK.

It doesn't matter how much commitment you drive into a bad defender, he's still a bad defender. The only Arsenal defenders anywhere near the standard required are Vermaelen, Sagna and Gibbs (just because he needs time yet).
Original post by TommyWannabe
It doesn't matter how much commitment you drive into a bad defender, he's still a bad defender. The only Arsenal defenders anywhere near the standard required are Vermaelen, Sagna and Gibbs (just because he needs time yet).

I'd say Sagna's the only consistent one.
Reply 9017
Original post by JK.
Why is it? Look at how Kos/Djourou performed against teams like Barca, it's commitment that's lacking, not ability. You can't seriously tell me that Djourou hasn't got it in him to beat Tamir ****ing Cohen to a ball. There's no need to waste to money when there's a much simpler way of improving the team.

I don't care how they performed against Barca, they were absolutely dreadful today looked completely out of their depth when defending corners no top team would stand for this so why should Arsenal?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9018
JK.
OP
This thread is such a joke.
Original post by antonfigo
I'd say Sagna's the only consistent one.

There's never been a problem with Vermaelen, only who he has to play with in central defense. With the crap he's paired up with there's nothing he can do.

I only put Gibbs in my list because he's a promising player and wouldn't deserve to get booted.

Latest