Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureOxford3)
    How can the person you quoted be applying to both Cam and Ox?
    They aren't. If you read it, they said 'maybe I should have applied to Cam', also, the first part of their post was in reference to their friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If you get an offer it will at be the one you interviewed. However, allocation for interview does not equate to an offer.
    Not necessarily. Candidates can get an open offer (where the college would be decided at a later date). Or, can be pooled such that other colleges can look at the overall application then decide to make that person an offer, instead of the college where they initially interviewed at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsaacMed17)
    Still haven't heard for Maths...
    Which college are you applying for?
    I'm waiting for St Hugh's for Math.

ReputationRep:
    If you get an offer it will at be the one you interviewed. However, allocation for interview does not equate to an offer.
    That's just wrong. You can get an offer from any college that does your course, even if they never interviewed you. You can even get an offer that's open, wherein you won't know what college you are going to till August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Not necessarily. Candidates can get an open offer (where the college would be decided at a later date). Or, can be pooled such that other colleges can look at the overall application then decide to make that person an offer, instead of the college where they initially interviewed at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many thanks, that's very interesting!

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how English interviews will go? Like will they want in-depth discussions of books I mentioned in my personal statement? Are there any books they will expect me to have read? I'm scared they might want a discussion of a book "I should have read" :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishBean)
    That's just wrong. You can get an offer from any college that does your course, even if they never interviewed you. You can even get an offer that's open, wherein you won't know what college you are going to till August.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecconomist)
    Does anyone know what day interviews are likely to happen if say I have to arrive by 14.00 on Wednesday 9th and leave no later than 14.00 on Friday 11th?
    On any day - you could have them Wednesday afternoon/early evening, Thursday at any time or Friday morning.

ReputationRep:
    The St. John's interview sending list has disappeared. How should I take that?
    http://www.sjc.ox.ac.uk/2963/Candidates'-News.html
    (still waiting on maths)

ReputationRep:
    I received an email saying that I'm shortlisted and am very likely going to be invited for interview (Graduate Medicine).
    How confident can I be that I will get the interview? I don't know whether I should organise travel arrangements already ;D

ReputationRep:
    Guys has anyone heard from Trinity about accommodation etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallswedish)
    Guys has anyone heard from Trinity about accommodation etc?
    I just got an interview for physics D
    It only said that our 'accomodation and meals would be provided free-of-charge by Trinity College'- but not a separate letter or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VinnyThePooh)
    I just got an interview for physics D
    It only said that our 'accomodation and meals would be provided free-of-charge by Trinity College'- but not a separate letter or something like that
    Ah did you get an e-mail from Trinity directly? I got it from the admissions...

ReputationRep:
    I've received interviews for Biomed at Balliol and St Catherine's. I'm so happy but really nervous!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallswedish)
    Ah did you get an e-mail from Trinity directly? I got it from the admissions...
    What do you mean with admissions? I got it from [email protected] something- but that's still Trinity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VinnyThePooh)
    What do you mean with admissions? I got it from [email protected] something- but that's still Trinity?
    Ah I got it from medical school admissions... hope to receive an e-mail soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsapp)
    I applied to Worcester for Maths and haven't heard anything so phoned this morning. Letters (not emails) were posted yesterday and some today so expect to hear in the next day or so if you're an Worcester applicant. Good Luck
    Is that for any subject?
    I look forward to possibly meeting you, I am also applying to Worcester, however instead for Engineering Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're an international applicant, correct? That's probably why we've been kept for the end.

A family friend of mine has also applied for eng sci (at Balliol), she hasn't heard anything yet either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not international and I haven't received any information about my Engineering Science application as of yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanyaalHR)
    I'm planning to wear a suit (without a tie) and a jumper and then will probably change after interviews
    I'm planning a suit and (bow) tie, but no jumper (or as we call it across the pond, sweater)

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

Is it possible to have my admissions test (the ELAT) under special consideration as I wasn't taught any of the skills tested in the paper- close reading or analyzing literature or any literary devices beyond metaphors and similes- in my school.
    The syllabus in my country doesn't include it.

I had to teach myself under a very short period, and I don't think my test went that badly considering this fact. Is there any possibilities that the tutors would be willing to take this into account perhaps if I told them?

Somebody please, please reply quickly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.