Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    That's amazing! Could I perhaps commission you to make me one? I have money's

Edit: actually you're probably really busy with uni stuff, I shouldn't have asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
    cough totally planning it for xmas maybe cough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Just had a call to say my boat has broken down because a twig hit the engine and broke a pin.

Because nothing can be simple or easy for me now can it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: I hope it's not too difficult/expensive to get fixed.

ReputationRep:
    Just had a call to say my boat has broken down because a twig hit the engine and broke a pin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: It will get fixed, and then everything will be fine :cube:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should write a book about your boat troubles

You could call it the sigh-tanic
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Off to have a haircut - hate having hair this long
    Not sure which hairdressers to go to though, and got so much work to do D:
    Oh well, will see how this goes...

Big :hugs: furry - could you play something on an instrument/does that ever help distract? Though I know it's difficult to play a wind instrument when teary
    Thank you, calmed down a little bit now- not sure how I ended up in that much of a state but was slightly scary Might try later when I've stopped shaking so much Hope the haircut went well , will reply to other your other post in a bit if I can

-----

A couple of friends are home from uni and want me to go out tonight. Don't want to but family are making me, kind of feel like I should but then it's scary and I don't like it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnabdul)
    56% rise in self-harm by mental health patients in the NHS. Reflection of the lack of doctors or other healthcare professions. The government constantly whines about the lack of U.K doctors with the majority coming from abroad. Maybe if you expanded the spaces in medical schools slightly that will solve the problem. So many A grade candidates are rejected who would otherwise make great doctors purely based on the ridicuous competition!
    its not as simple as that, I'm afraid. it costs at least a quarter of a million pounds to fully educate a single medical student, and the government wouldn't be able to foot that cost nor would the medical schools. many medical schools are already full to maximum capacity as the amount of teaching staff they have is fixed - expanding the amount of students whilst not hiring more teaching staff would cause a decrease in the quality of medical teaching which the BMA and GMC would not be too pleased about. when these extra students graduate, they would have to be funnelled into specific specialties to actually start making a difference to self harm rates, such as general practice and psychiatry, and these have never been the most popular specialties - and whats the point in training up all these extra doctors if they're going to go into cardiac surgery or ENT? and you'd have to increase the number of junior training jobs available for these extra graduates because the doctors that are coming from abroad are consultants not trainees.
    tl;dr not as simple as creating more medical students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    cough totally planning it for xmas maybe cough
    :eek: :excited:

I wish I was better at crafting, I'd like to make all my Christmas gifts for people but I can't make anything except little felt mice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    :eek: :excited:

I wish I was better at crafting, I'd like to make all my Christmas gifts for people but I can't make anything except little felt mice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I suspect it's more a case of stubbornness than actually being any good at it in my case. I can't follow instructions, have to backtrack after mistakes and can't work out simple things. But that hat was not going to beat me.
    Also if it's knitting or having to venture out into a shopping centre near Christmas with people and having to decide what to buy I'll take knitting.

ReputationRep:
    Going to out of hours GP at 6.50

told my aunt

she laughed and also cried

I am so confused

she made me stay downstairs. Not allowed in bedroom. She keps smiling at me

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid, but I think this guy from a local French restaurant is following me.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm feeling a bit crêped out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Thank you, calmed down a little bit now- not sure how I ended up in that much of a state but was slightly scary Might try later when I've stopped shaking so much Hope the haircut went well , will reply to other your other post in a bit if I can

-----

A couple of friends are home from uni and want me to go out tonight. Don't want to but family are making me, kind of feel like I should but then it's scary and I don't like it
    Glad you've calmed down Nah, having a moment isn't nice :console:
    Thanks Is shorter than I had last time/looks a lot different People on tinychat will be able to confirm if I see them soon :hide: It'll grow back though/I don't care *that* much about my hair/stuff in general.

Could you meet up with them before they go out just to chat and stuff, then see them off to the club and come home?

(Original post by Cinnie)

told my aunt

I am so confused

That's weird Did you tell her what it was for? :console:

Good luck for the appointment

ReputationRep:

told my aunt

I am so confused

:hugs: I hope GP goes okay
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

told my aunt

I am so confused

Good luck, let us know how it goes :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Uurg I dont know why this is happening. :cry2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Glad you've calmed down Nah, having a moment isn't nice :console:
    Thanks Is shorter than I had last time/looks a lot different People on tinychat will be able to confirm if I see them soon :hide: It'll grow back though/I don't care *that* much about my hair/stuff in general.

Could you meet up with them before they go out just to chat and stuff, then see them off to the club and come home?

That's weird Did you tell her what it was for? :console:

Good luck for the appointment
    Thank you! Passed out for quite a while too, not done that in ages and don't think I ever have when I'm panicking so not sure what to make of that

At least it's not too long any more though, not that I knew what it looked like before Not sure as I'll be able to as we have guests here, well they're out at the minute but depends what time they go. In my experience hair always looks weird/too short when it's cut just I've because got used to it another way! :getmecoat:

They're meeting at 8:30, so hoping I might be able to go and talk and then maybe try and escape 11/11:30ish before they go to the club? No way I'm going there, just a recipe for disaster

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: I hope it's not too difficult/expensive to get fixed.
    After the initial panic, I've found out that it's a £6 part that's broken and it wouldn't have been a problem had they checked the spare parts locker before setting off :unimpressed:

(Original post by rmhumphries)
    :hugs: It will get fixed, and then everything will be fine :cube:
    *breathes* You're right. As always. It's an easy fix and I'm just stressed. The only message they sent me was that my almost new £2500 engine had broken. A phone call later revealed it's a tiny failsafe part and I can fix it myself tomorrow morning. It's a nuisance but at least it didn't cut out on the River Trent or destroy my engine.

(Original post by nohomo)
    You should write a book about your boat troubles

You could call it the sigh-tanic
    *snorts*

Maybe I will!

Being at home all day makes me feel so much worse. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Struggling to get much work done at all I just can't concentrate at the moment with everything going on :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    After the initial panic, I've found out that it's a £6 part that's broken and it wouldn't have been a problem had they checked the spare parts locker before setting off :unimpressed:

*breathes* You're right. As always. It's an easy fix and I'm just stressed. The only message they sent me was that my almost new £2500 engine had broken. A phone call later revealed it's a tiny failsafe part and I can fix it myself tomorrow morning. It's a nuisance but at least it didn't cut out on the River Trent or destroy my engine.

*snorts*

Maybe I will!
    Glad to hear it is all ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Being at home all day makes me feel so much worse. :sad:
    Is there anything you could do tomorrow to help you get out which may make you feel better?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.