Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceyFish)
    Spurs are **** as well, it's not even an achievement.
    So we're only allowed to take the piss if we've achieved something notable? Should I pass it by you next time I'm at an away game and want to tell the home fans their city's a ****hole or that their atmosphere is sh*te, you know, just to check if it's a big enough occasion to do so? Stop taking everything so seriously ffs

ReputationRep:
    Benteke

Ben ****ing teke

You may as well sign berahino, Lambert and Austin. Jesus Christ

ReputationRep:
    I think things are looking up with our injury record. Giroud and Ozil have been solid since they came back and Wilshere looked very sharp tonight. Seems like Shad Forsythe and his team are improving things.

ReputationRep:
    Tottenham have finished above everyone except for Arsenal in the PL era

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Do you spend your whole life whining like a ***** or just save it for this forum?
    Save it for you especially xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    So we're only allowed to take the piss if we've achieved something notable? Should I pass it by you next time I'm at an away game and want to tell the home fans their city's a ****hole or that their atmosphere is sh*te, you know, just to check if it's a big enough occasion to do so? Stop taking everything so seriously ffs
    Oh u mad.

It's barely an achievement when you consider the scale of the clubs and your players, finances etc. All I hear is "Tottenham are irrelevant" or "we're a big club" yet there's no St. Cityrengham or Liverpool equivalent bull****. Sad and pathetic to celebrate finishing above a **** rival and definitely not the hallmark of a big club.

ReputationRep:
    Save it for you especially xx
    I just hate to see you this way.

ReputationRep:
    Oh u mad.

It's barely an achievement when you consider the scale of the clubs and your players, finances etc. All I hear is "Tottenham are irrelevant" or "we're a big club" yet there's no St. Cityrengham or Liverpool equivalent bull****. Sad and pathetic to celebrate finishing above a **** rival and definitely not the hallmark of a big club.
    dont be an idiot, ofcourse other clubs dont have the same jokes as us about our rivals..

But you can be certain that united fans do have their own jokes/make fun of city fans..

And having lived in liverpool for the past year, I can certainly say that liverpool have their jokes for everton.. but I guess that is terrible! because everton are no challenge for liverpool this season, or historically.. so jeeze, they should not have jokes about them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    I just hate to see you this way.
    thanks for caring bae

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    dont be an idiot, ofcourse other clubs dont have the same jokes as us about our rivals..

But you can be certain that united fans do have their own jokes/make fun of city fans..

And having lived in liverpool for the past year, I can certainly say that liverpool have their jokes for everton.. but I guess that is terrible! because everton are no challenge for liverpool this season, or historically.. so jeeze, they should not have jokes about them!
    There's nothing wrong with jokes/banter as that's light hearted but to actually have an official day to commemorate it is pathetic really. Should concentrate on actually beating them tbh.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    My reign as thread starter nearlyy coming to an end. Guys please slow down thanks :sad:

Anyway yeah, great win tonight, honestly thought Hull away would be tougher.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with jokes/banter as that's light hearted but to actually have an official day to commemorate it is pathetic really. Should concentrate on actually beating them tbh.
    since when is a few arsenal fans joking about a made up name for a day 'an official day to commemorate'

Your overreacting over a silly club rivalry joke.. chill out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    since when is a few arsenal fans joking about a made up name for a day 'an official day to commemorate'

Your overreacting over a silly club rivalry joke.. chill out.
    It's not a few, it has a rather large section on Wikipedia/lots of media attention. There's nothing wrong with it if you're willing to accept that Spurs are direct rivals on more than a locational basis (as in you are their level as a football club, which obviously isn't true) and it reeks of small club mentality, like you're the underdog cheering a momentous occasion.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a few, it has a rather large section on Wikipedia/lots of media attention. There's nothing wrong with it if you're willing to accept that Spurs are direct rivals on more than a locational basis (as in you are their level as a football club, which obviously isn't true) and it reeks of small club mentality, like you're the underdog cheering a momentous occasion.
    Just like how I celebrate Chelsea's title win despite being clear underdogs for the title.

#smallclubmentality

ReputationRep:
    so city should not tease united last season, because they were 6 places below, and not dirrect rivals?

Or liverpool should not have teased everton for the past 2 decades because largely they have been many places ahead?

Should newcastle have teased sunderland when sunderland were below them?

What about my local club bristol city? I guess their fans cant take jabs at bristol rovers because they are in a different league?

-- Not to mention that they were our dirrect rivals up until last season.. as by and large they were the team who finished 1 place behind us..

--- not to not to not to mention that there is a wiki for everything: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_penis_rule even the most silly of things..

---- not to not to not to not to not to mention that 'lots of media attention'? lol.. last year a purple didlo got lots of media attention.

Now go to bed - your taking a small club joke about a rival, and trying to make it a big thing.. when all you are really doing is making yourself look a petty.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quentinhamilton)
    #banta.

ReputationRep:
    St Manuniterams day(happened after the win a few weeks ago)
    St Hoops day(happened a long time ago)
    St Liverpudlians day. (happened a long time ago)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    St Manuniterams day(happened after the win a few weeks ago)
    St Hoops day(happened a long time ago)
    St Liverpudlians day. (happened a long time ago)
    You mock St Totteringham's Day but it's a tradition almost twice as old as Chelsea as a club.

ReputationRep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.