The Liverpool FC Thread XIV Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hugs31
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Really happy with how we played in the first 10-15 mins of the second half, all four of our goals were nice ones as well. Given how poor our record away to Arsenal it was even more satisfying to register a victory there.
Moreno needs to be shipped though, not even worth keeping for competition with the new left back we need to be signing! Not that keen on a midfield 3 of Henderson, Lallana and Wijnaldum, for me at least one of Can or Grujic (or even Stewart) needs to be there to balance the midfield.

On the whole I'm happy with the result, Coutinho and Mané played brilliantly today. Not often we'll be able to say we scored four against Barcelona and Arsenal in the space of a week
TheLittlestElf
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Excuses and infighting going on in the Arsenal thread. What a surprise.
Glib
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moreno was horrendous today. Other than that massive 3 points
The.Joker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Glib)
Moreno was horrendous today. Other than that massive 3 points
In other words, water is wet...

I seriously hope Klopp brings in another LB, I will not be able to handle Moreno starting week in and week out.
Fish40
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Nah, we'll beat Barca and then lose to Arsenal's C team
Didn't happen mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fish40
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)
Say promise?
Promise

Posted from TSR Mobile
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Arsenal actually did us a bit of a favour by narrowing the score line down from 4-1 to 4-3 showing that we need a lot of work in our defensive side of the game. Klopp will obviously try to address this over the course of the season but the next game against Burnley is your typical PL game where Liverpool can just lose after a big win so that will be a test for us..
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by samir12)
Arsenal actually did us a bit of a favour by narrowing the score line down from 4-1 to 4-3 showing that we need a lot of work in our defensive side of the game. Klopp will obviously try to address this over the course of the season but the next game against Burnley is your typical PL game where Liverpool can just lose after a big win so that will be a test for us..
Completely agree, although I would've rather had a 4-1 for GD purposes.

I can seriously see us losing to Burnley now - as sad as it is, it's the kind of thing that Liverpool always seem to do.
Two away wins would be absolutely huge though, especially considering our third is away to Spurs...
SA-1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Completely agree, although I would've rather had a 4-1 for GD purposes.

I can seriously see us losing to Burnley now - as sad as it is, it's the kind of thing that Liverpool always seem to do.
Two away wins would be absolutely huge thigh, especially considering our third is away to Spurs...
thigh
Fish40
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cBay)
Preferred line-ups? I've not seen most of preseason (only the barca game) but I'm gunna stick my head out there and say Coutinho should be dropped.

On the assumption that Milner and Sturridge aren't fit, 4-3-3:

Mignolet

Clyne
Lovern
Klavan
Moreno

Henderson
Can
Lallana

Mane
Origi
Firmino
Excellent analysis mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SA-1)
thigh
Strong edit of my post!
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
x
Some games you need to break down teams which are pinned back. Moreno is a rapid "fullback" who offers a great overlap.
The.Joker
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
dw guys we'll beat Burnley.
Dodgypirate
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When do Arsenal Fan TV usually upload?
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Some games you need to break down teams which are pinned back. Moreno is a rapid "fullback" who offers a great overlap.
Might be a good option against Burnely then, although it's hard to imagine Klopp giving him another chance (unless Milner/Gomez are still injured).
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Might be a good option against Burnely then, although it's hard to imagine Klopp giving him another chance (unless Milner/Gomez are still injured).
Don't think Klopp often dropped him last season even with all the mistakes?
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If Milner was fit, he would of started over Moreno today. In games against bottom half table opposition, Moreno is okay but he can still have an odd brainfart moment (eg Norwich game where he fouls Naismith in the penalty box and fouls him again to make sure they get the penalty).
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Don't think Klopp often dropped him last season even with all the mistakes?
Yeah but what cover did we have for him last season realistically?

It's clear Milner is becoming a LB option because he probably wouldn't get in to our midfield now, therefore I expect him to start ahead of Moreno in general now.

P.S: gonna go for a bit of AFC TV before bed - always good for laughs after they lose a game
Ellie_LFC
Badges: 0
Report 2 years ago
Amazing win boys! I love Phil, what a player. Unbelievable free kick. Can't wait for next game #ynwa
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think people need to be mindful not to go over the top and claim we have massive defensive issues.
This was the opening game of the season in (normally) one of the hardest games of the entire season.

1st goal - Moreno gonna Moreno
2nd goal - Harsh deflection off Lovren
3rd goal - Perfect delivery from Cazorla

Personally I feel like only the first goal could've been avoided, which is why we're desperate to have anybody other than Moreno at LB.
We won the game in the end there and that's the most important thing - on to Burnley where I can only see us losing 1-0

P.S: One of Arsenal or Leicester will have a maximum of only 1 point by the end of next week
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (22)
25.88%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.18%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
12.94%

Watched Threads