Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else who's gotten into the University of Birmingham know when to expect an email from them, particularly regarding accommodation? I'm watching my emails like a hawk to make sure I don't miss out but would like a timeframe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    If it says Unconditional, then a remark won't change anything :nah:

That depends on the Uni. When I went to Warwick, they didn't email for 2 weeks!

Well done!

:console: . Did you get into your insurance?
    yea i ended up in durham
    feelsbadman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiarax213)
    Got into my uni, but got AAB - the B was in geography my strongest subject, and I'm only 3 points off an A - worth remarking or should I leave it?
    If you're into Uni it might not be worth it!

ReputationRep:
    I done horrible guys i wanted to do medicine at university
    I got CDDD at AS which is bad because my predicted me AABC for A2. I have dropped maths at AS and carrying on with BIO CHEM Physics. Does the maths grade count towards anything because it was not reformed? Anyone have any advice to give me on how to apply to university if i still want to medicine? Any help would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiarax213)
    Got into my uni, but got AAB - the B was in geography my strongest subject, and I'm only 3 points off an A - worth remarking or should I leave it?
    As I've said to a lot of people, you need to consider whether it's actually worth it for you. You've got your place already but you'd need to pay up for the remark with no guarantee of them remarking in your favour and this year they're being very strict on what is considered something that can be increased in a remark.

ReputationRep:
    I was so sure that I was going to get an E in Literature, and somehow managed to get a C... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Did Graphics, Photography and Maths and was stressing out on trying to get AAB since my UMS points were low last year for graphics and photography. Ended up getting 2 A*s and an A and I honestly don't know how! I hope everyone got what they wanted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dilushlol)
    Did Graphics, Photography and Maths and was stressing out on trying to get AAB since my UMS points were low last year for graphics and photography. Ended up getting 2 A*s and an A and I honestly don't know how! I hope everyone got what they wanted!
    That's brilliant! Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    Aberystwyth has just released me I have a Clearing number!! For some reason though BU's system can't see that I'm in Clearing and they told me to phone back at 1pm. I'm actually sort of happy now because I'm one step closer. Still a way to go though!
    YAY!

(Original post by Vannzzoo)
    Nah it says unsuccessful
    Oh I see

(sorry it's all a bit dribs and drabs let me check I understand: Warwick is your firm with an AAB offer, you got ABC and they've rejected you. You're now unconditional with your insurance (?) but because Warwick are asking for ABB for your course in clearing you're trying to get back to them?
    If that's the case then I'm afraid you're unlikely to be successful. You can try re-ringing or asking to speak to someone more senior but I wouldn't hold out much hope - they wont have rejected you without consideration about whether they can take you with those grades - there's a good chance that they have evidence that people with ABC (or a C in that subject) are likely to fail or drop out of the course)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    I was so sure that I was going to get an E in Literature, and somehow managed to get a C... :rofl:
    It always seems like the end of the world before you get your grades :lol: Glad to hear you've done better than you expected!

ReputationRep:
    Will Unis become more lenient with clearing later in the day? If they can't fill places with their initial entry requirements?

ReputationRep:
    AS student here, took Government and Politics, History, Economics and English Literature - I was predicted all A's for the whole year, never believed it, set myself targets of AABB for this year, and just got my results: All A's, full marks in politics. I'm shaking, feeling slightly sick, and immensely overwhelmed.

To be honest I just wanted to ask if there's any A level students here that took 4 A levels in year 13? If so, how did you do? Did it impact your results, or do you think you did the same as you would've taking only 3? I love all of my subjects, and I've been struggling all year to decide which one to drop - today didn't help T_T I just really want to know whether, with taking 4 A levels, I can still get As or A*s in all of them!! Probably not, and it's not something I'm seriously considering, but curious either way...

Well done everyone, be proud of your results no matter what, and remember that these results aren't the be all, end all of your life ♥

P.S sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but I can't go through all 450+ pages of this forum D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    I got CDDD at AS which is bad because my predicted me AABC for A2. I have dropped maths at AS and carrying on with BIO CHEM Physics. Does the maths grade count towards anything because it was not reformed? Anyone have any advice to give me on how to apply to university if i still want to medicine? Any help would be great
    I think the best thing for you to do is apply once you have your A2 grades in hand but will tag some medicine people in who are much more knowledgeable than me (okay tags are still broken so i'd recommend you post in our medicines section, someone will be able to help there).

ReputationRep:
    Got into my firm, but am awaiting for an email from King's College for an offer through adjustment? Is anyone else waiting, I'm getting rather worried ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    It always seems like the end of the world before you get your grades :lol: Glad to hear you've done better than you expected!
    It does I actually cried when I read them because it was such a shock! Thank you! How did you do? I even managed to boost my resit from a U to a C - and i generally thought that I had done as badly as before :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vlb206)
    If you're into Uni it might not be worth it!
    (Original post by The Financier)
    As I've said to a lot of people, you need to consider whether it's actually worth it for you. You've got your place already but you'd need to pay up for the remark with no guarantee of them remarking in your favour and this year they're being very strict on what is considered something that can be increased in a remark.
    Ok thanks guys, I'll think over it some more, hopefully my school will pay but if not, then I'll just leave it and keep my money lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberry06)
    I am sooooo happy right now
    I got an A for AS Maths and to my surprise, I got an A for all 3 modules- C1, C2 and S1
    I hope I can maintain it for next year though
    You can if you work hard. However i got A's in C1 and C1 but d in c3 and e in c4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenBee98)
    It does I actually cried when I read them because it was such a shock! Thank you! How did you do? I even managed to boost my resit from a U to a C - and i generally thought that I had done as badly as before :rofl:
    My last results day was last year haha, now in Uni :lol: Still, it wasn't too long ago that I was anxiously waiting for my results so the memories are still quite fresh

Congratulations with your resit! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have ocr and aqa mark schmes for chem and nio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    If the maths is a D grade dropped at AS it may exclude you from some universities which look at AS grades and require a certain standard if they are taken.

Providing you can get AAA/AAB predicitons (ideally with chem and bio being at an A) you should be able to apply to some med schools. Also note that many medical schools with compare achieved AS to predicted A2, often they will class as being predicted an A from a D as unrealistic im afraid.

The one thing I will say is consider very careful if an achievement of CDDD at AS something which was because you didnt work hard enough or was it for a different reason. Do you really think you can get the A*AA/AAA needed for medicine at A2. I suggest you have a look at your study technique and see where you went wrong. If you would like to discuss this at greater length then please PM me.

It may be a wise idea to consider taking a gap year and applying with achieved A2 grades rather than wasting your time applying when your not very competative, applying with A2 grades means you can focus on getting AAA at A2 without the stress of applications, you can get work experience and voluntary work in your gap year and Achieved Alevels often gets you a better chance of an interview.

Please pm me if you want to speak more about anything.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.