Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm so excited about Joel coming back next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Was genuinely asking, nothing sarcastic about my question. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
    My point is that central America may be called so, however, culturally, religiously, ethnically, linguistically etc it's quite close to South America. There is not much you'd know to be characteristically 'Central American'.

So even if Costa Rica face Brazil in the final, I (just me, nobody else) take it as a South American affair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    How on earth did Greece win Euro 2004.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    because portugal are bloody useless...

to be fair on greece, they did beat portugal in the group stage, france, czech rep and then portugal (again) to win, so the weren't exactly lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I'm so excited about Joel coming back next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    meh, he's decent i guess, good prospect.
    but i wouldn't be seriously excited over him.

he was more or less useless after 90 minutes tonight - to be fair on him though, i don't think any of us could survive any better in those conditions i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    My point is that central America may be called so, however, culturally, religiously, ethnically, linguistically etc it's quite close to South America. There is not much you'd know to be characteristically 'Central American'.

So even if Costa Rica face Brazil in the final, I (just me, nobody else) take it as a South American affair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't arguing with any of that, I genuinely thought you meant by South American that they play in CONMEBOL, I've learned since that they don't, but wasn't aware earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't arguing with any of that, I genuinely thought you meant by South American that they play in CONMEBOL, I've learned since that they don't, but wasn't aware earlier.
    LOL my bad then mate, but it looked a lot more like a question intended to trap me into being schooled.

But fair enough, apologies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    LOL my bad then mate, but it looked a lot more like a question intended to trap me into being schooled.

But fair enough, apologies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No worries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    because portugal are bloody useless...

to be fair on greece, they did beat portugal in the group stage, france, czech rep and then portugal (again) to win, so the weren't exactly lucky.
    Greece just defend, defend, and defend. But to be fair to them they're pretty hard to break down. Happy Costa Rica went through imagine having to watch Greece vs Netherlands. Costa Rica will actually give it ago, whilst Greece are just prepared to sit back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Greece just defend, defend, and defend. But to be fair to them they're pretty hard to break down. Happy Costa Rica went through imagine having to watch Greece vs Netherlands. Costa Rica will actually give it ago, whilst Greece are just prepared to sit back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, such a boring team.

What I was saying was that as boring as they are to watch, nobody can take anything away from their euro 2004 performances.
    It isn't like they had an easy run.

Their "easiest" game was against Czech Rep who got 9 points in group stages and also finished with top scorer.
    They definitely deserved the championship, and they can keep hold of that as a nation forever.

ReputationRep:
    Is that quote from Wenger about Fabregas and Zelalem true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Is that quote from Wenger about Fabregas and Zelalem true?
    What quote?

ReputationRep:
    Schneiderlin, Aurier, mid-tier striker (Mandzukic at best) (backup CB and GK)

Successful window or not?

ReputationRep:

LW?

ReputationRep:
    @MLSAnalyst: After an hour of searching, still can't find a vine/video of what appears now to be a fabricated Wenger quote about Zelalem. Apologies (1/2)

@MLSAnalyst: for passing along bad info. Looks to have originated on a fan site (that I won't be linking to). Won't happen again. (2/2)

Journalist using reddit as sauce. Legit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

We don't want Aurier, lots of talk about Debuchy. Makes more sense, 29 in July so we could get 2 seasons out of him, BPL experience so no need for a transitional period and more importantly, allows Jenkinson and Bellerin to develop further. If we had Aurier that would be 3 RBs aged 19, 21 & 22 respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    We don't want Aurier, lots of talk about Debuchy. Makes more sense, 29 in July so we could get 2 seasons out of him, BPL experience so no need for a transitional period and more importantly, allows Jenkinson and Bellerin to develop further. If we had Aurier that would be 3 RBs aged 19, 21 & 22 respectively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's a decent replacement for Sagna, anything over £10M and we've overpaid

ReputationRep:
    debuchy, morgan s, that boi sanchez and we back brahs

best squad since 04, if we had a better striker,keeper,lb it would equal or even better the 04 squad

squaaaaaaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    Plus Serge Aurier will be making them AFCON trips.

ReputationRep:
    What quote?
    Never mind, turns out it wasn't true.

ReputationRep:

It definitely would be, for you.

Getting a decent DM is worth 10 points a season for you lot.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.