The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is Swirly a United fan or an Arsenal fan?

Anyway I think Chelsea will win the league next season depending on signings made. I'll have to see at the end of the transfer window.

Tbh Liverpool got ****ed over that year by losing Suarez and Sturridge being injured, if Sturridge was fit that entire season, they probably would have made top 4.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Luke's had a mare x2

Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Luke's had a mare x2

I love how tailored that table is.

Goal difference
Away games
PL only

Ok mate
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lúcio)
I love how tailored that table is.

Goal difference
Away games
PL only

Ok mate
Yeah well that is what it's meant to show? I didn't post the table for you...
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah well that is what it's meant to show? I didn't post the table for you...
No, what you're trying to do is "prove" that LVG's results are terrible by providing the most tailored statistics I've ever seen. That's not how it works.

However I do think if you had any sense you'd sack him. Regardless of a potential FA Cup and 4th place, the fans hate him and he plays terrible football.

Sometimes getting the results isn't enough - Big Sam got sacked from West Ham because his football was "boring". Football at the most basic form is entertainment - yes the goal is to win but if you're doing it without making it good to watch, what's the point?

Even though LVG may provide the statistics, he doesn't provide the entertainment. Compare it to the kind of football Liverpool play under Klopp and you can see the problem here. When you add in the notion that you could bring in a manager like Mourinho, the decision should be easy.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lúcio)
No, what you're trying to do is "prove" that LVG's results are terrible by providing the most tailored statistics I've ever seen. That's not how it works.
Nah I'd just seen it on twitter and thought it was quite interesting so I decided to share it on here.

Anyways Mourinho will be coming soon so nothing to worry about.
Diego Costa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same Gotze that warms Bayern's bench and has regressed? I don't think so.

Sturridge when fit is better.
He hasn't regressed. He still looks okay when he gets game time. Just because Pep doesn't like him, it doesn't mean he's sh*t, it's not as though anyone in the Liverpool team would get into a full strength Bayern XI.
Diego Costa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)

However I do think if you had any sense you'd sack him. Regardless of a potential FA Cup and 4th place, the fans hate him and he plays terrible football.

Sometimes getting the results isn't enough - Big Sam got sacked from West Ham because his football was "boring". Football at the most basic form is entertainment - yes the goal is to win but if you're doing it without making it good to watch, what's the point?

Even though LVG may provide the statistics, he doesn't provide the entertainment. Compare it to the kind of football Liverpool play under Klopp and you can see the problem here. When you add in the notion that you could bring in a manager like Mourinho, the decision should be easy.
Big Sam certainly did not get the results. No cup runs and consistent low mid-table finishes isn't good enough for a club of West Ham's size. Look at the vast improvements made by Bilic.

LVG isn't getting the statistics either, he's doing no better than Moyes. Mourinho's football is no better than Van Gaal's but Mourinho will induitably be an improvement. With a good window, there's no reason they couldn't go for the title either.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
(Original post by Diego Costa)
Big Sam certainly did not get the results. No cup runs and consistent low mid-table finishes isn't good enough for a club of West Ham's size. Look at the vast improvements made by Bilic.

LVG isn't getting the statistics either, he's doing no better than Moyes. Mourinho's football is no better than Van Gaal's but Mourinho will induitably be an improvement. With a good window, there's no reason they couldn't go for the title either.
At the very least he'll score a lot more goals than Van Gaal has
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Course Mou's football is better.
Counter-attacking football has been our way for years and albeit he's more defensively minded than most coaches he still manages to score a **** ton of goals.

Will massively improve our defensive situation, which is in shambles and will utilise Tony and co much better in the final third.

Hazard/Costa/Willian etc were playing some next level football under him (ofc our players aren't as good but you get the point) so to say his football is on par with LVGOAT is nonsense.
Diego Costa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)
Counter-attacking football has been our way for years and albeit he's more defensively minded than most coaches he still manages to score a **** ton of goals.

Will massively improve our defensive situation, which is in shambles and will utilise Tony and co much better in the final third.

Hazard/Costa/Willian etc were playing some next level football under him (ofc our players aren't as good but you get the point) so to say his football is on par with LVGOAT is nonsense.
Chelsea in 2015 were far from a good footballing side to watch. Mourinho stopped playing counter-attacking football at the end of 13/14 when Fabregas and Matic became the regular CM pairing.
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
Chelsea in 2015 were far from a good footballing side to watch. Mourinho stopped playing counter-attacking football at the end of 13/14 when Fabregas and Matic became the regular CM pairing.
Sad that...

Guess you'll just have to be content with winning the title
scrawlx101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
would you guys take de boer or watfords manager if no mou?
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)
would you guys take de boer or watfords manager if no mou?
**** sake scrawl
sell my secrets
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Regressed? Why, cause he isn't being picked? Doesn't mean he's regressed.

Just lol at thinking Sturridge is better
Thought you were better than that tbh Kenan, Sturridge is the ****

Spoiler:
Show
Sturridge LFC career Gotze Bayern career
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah this pretty much. Even at the start of 14/15 we played great until we went 2-0 and conserved energy.

Who's dupe are you?

Sad that...Guess you'll just have to be content with winning the title
Guess so. I think that playing the correct team would help for a start but then Mourinho picks his favourites too. Chelsea been playing just like Manchester United the entire year but with an even ****ter defence.
bj27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rk2k14)

Your defensive situation is in shambles, have you seen Chelsea's defence. He sold our best LB after not using him, then bought a new LB to replace him, then sold him after not using him because he liked our defensively deficient offensively inefficient RB... logic not even once ffs.

Then does the exact same thing he did in 13/14 with strikers for a CB, chasing one CB, complaining for ages after not getting him and the board then making us settle for Dijojobi(however you spell it) and Michael ****ing Hector... Exact same thing happened in 13/14 with Rooney and settling for a 35 year old Eto'o and Fernando ****ing Torres.
At the very least he'll score a lot more goals than Van Gaal has
Well yeah but that's if he gets his targets. At the very least you'll be a bigger threat from set pieces and learn to defend set pieces properly.
bigmansouf
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
sr90
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
LVGs last home game today. Excellent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dirtybit
Rep:
?
That's the spirit!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (35)
18.04%
Unconditional if firmed (14)
7.22%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
1.03%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (5)
2.58%
No unconditional offers (138)
71.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed