Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, first of all congratulations to everyone! Also, if anyone has any advice would be much appreciated! So I got ABC but my firm (southampton) wanted ABB. However my C was 3 UMS off a B. I got a priority remark for my edexcel drama paper. Does anyone know if I'm likely to get 2 raw marks?

ReputationRep:
    A*BB .... I'm not a maths man anymore ... ... RIP me ...

ReputationRep:
    Hi do I still have a chance for Oxford to study Physics if I got A's in Physics, maths and biology and B in English for AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    My last results day was last year haha, now in Uni :lol: Still, it wasn't too long ago that I was anxiously waiting for my results so the memories are still quite fresh

Congratulations with your resit! :woo:
    Oh, well done anyhoo! :cheers: are you enjoying it? I think the worst part about Results Day is the wait... it drags on forever! :/ Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to the university of birmingham and study chemical engineering would i be able to get in with 3 bs at as level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    Hi guys, first of all congratulations to everyone! Also, if anyone has any advice would be much appreciated! So I got ABC but my firm (southampton) wanted ABB. However my C was 3 UMS off a B. I got a priority remark for my edexcel drama paper. Does anyone know if I'm likely to get 2 raw marks?
    It's difficult to say how likely you are to get more marks. They've toughened up their criteria for remarks this year so it might be harder than before. Still, an extra two marks is definitely possible.

(Original post by Naveed Rahman)
    I'm afraid none of us know as we've not seen your paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debs20153)
    I want to go to the university of birmingham and study chemical engineering would i be able to get in with 3 bs at as level
    possible depending on your schools predictions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    YAY!

Oh I see

(sorry it's all a bit dribs and drabs let me check I understand: Warwick is your firm with an AAB offer, you got ABC and they've rejected you. You're now unconditional with your insurance (?) but because Warwick are asking for ABB for your course in clearing you're trying to get back to them?
    If that's the case then I'm afraid you're unlikely to be successful. You can try re-ringing or asking to speak to someone more senior but I wouldn't hold out much hope - they wont have rejected you without consideration about whether they can take you with those grades - there's a good chance that they have evidence that people with ABC (or a C in that subject) are likely to fail or drop out of the course)
    Sigh yeah that's the situation, I'll call up but my hopes won't be high

ReputationRep:
    So I got my results and got the grades required to get in but UCAS still hasn't updated. I phoned the uni and they said it is due to a high number of applications and they are still considering my place, it should be sorted within 2 days.

Is this normal? If for some reason I dont get in will I even have time to go through clearing as I really dont want to go to my insurance now?

ReputationRep:
    Their grade requirements for the subject will give you a good idea of what they're after and consequently whether it's enough Your school will also provide grade predictions of what they think you can achieve which the unis will look at when considering your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Got into LSE today, but with results a bit lower than expected. Oh well - onwards and upwards!

JodieHarriett18 Antigone How did you guys fare?
    what course and by how much did you miss?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I got AAAA in maths biology chemistry history but C in critical thinking, do I have to put the C on my ucas?? Is it too late to not have it cashed in, and how can I tell if it's been cashed in?
    Wanting to apply for dentistry

ReputationRep:
    Ok could really do with some help.

I got my grades which were AAB but my fourth grade I believe is messed up.

It's for AS OCR Photography and it said Unclassified with 0 points next to it - despite me sitting both five hour exams, submitting 2 FULL folders worth of work complete with editing, scamps, mind maps, plans, final images and more!

This can't be right, surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Their grade requirements for the subject will give you a good idea of what they're after and consequently whether it's enough Your school will also provide grade predictions of what they think you can achieve which the unis will look at when considering your application.
    I know its just that i need to get at least one a star and i want to know how it would look to birmingham

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult to say how likely you are to get more marks. They've toughened up their criteria for remarks this year so it might be harder than before. Still, an extra two marks is definitely possible.
    Ahh noo, I hope and pray it goes up! But if not is there anything I can do to show Southampton University, I deserve a place on the course?
    Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jitesh)
    Hi I got AAAA in maths biology chemistry history but C in critical thinking, do I have to put the C on my ucas?? Is it too late to not have it cashed in, and how can I tell if it's been cashed in?
    Wanting to apply for dentistry
    The C in critical thinking wont usually matter as they will look at your other academic subjects first, and often they dont look at it at all because they exclude it from all requirements.

Fab set of results, hope dentistry goes amazing!

ReputationRep:
    I know its just that i need to get at least one a star and i want to know how it would look to birmingham
    It's hard to tell haha, unfortunately the only people who know how Birmingham will look at your grades are...Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    The C in critical thinking wont usually matter as they will look at your other academic subjects first, and often they dont look at it at all because they exclude it from all requirements.

Fab set of results, hope dentistry goes amazing!
    Do you know by chance which unis to avoid?
    Such a joke of a subject!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise12307)
    Ok could really do with some help.

I got my grades which were AAB but my fourth grade I believe is messed up.

It's for AS OCR Photography and it said Unclassified with 0 points next to it - despite me sitting both five hour exams, submitting 2 FULL folders worth of work complete with editing, scamps, mind maps, plans, final images and more!

This can't be right, surely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get onto your school, if they are usure call up OCR and ask what has gone on.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.