?
Report 7 years ago
I'm off for a ride on the Hogwarts Express :woo:
hey-hey-hey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi people..has anyone here watched the boy in striped pyjamas? I watched it yesterday and cried

my favourite film ever has to be forrest gump. lifes like a box of chocolates you never know what you're ganna get. love it.
mimimimi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hey-hey-hey)
Hi people..has anyone here watched the boy in striped pyjamas? I watched it yesterday and cried
Yeah, I've seen it. A pretty good film actually, and I think I cried too
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
Scarlet Jo is very... very watchable *nods*

I'm sure the thread will be buzzing after the Oscars, may be a controversial snub or win... or the Kings speech doesn't get a clean sweep

Oh, I've noticed we haven't mentioned The Adjustment Bureau in a few days, so yeah. It looks good
Watchable? Perhaps. Attractive? Most definitely. But there is something lacking. She's too serious to the point of alienation. Her facial expressions and acting is parallel to a Terminator robot.
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by Jace Falco)

All genuine quotes from the film :yep:

When I watched it, I was racking my brains trying to figure out where I'd seen Sarah Paulson, who plays Ellen the doctor, before. Turns out she has a very brief part in Serenity

Spoiler:
Show
as the research scientist who first encountered the Reavers, and made the holographic report that the crew finds and broadcasts.

I of course recognised her because I've seen Serenity at least eight times :teehee:
Nice spot! Tempts me to go watch Serenity again. But every time I look at that show/film, the sense of sadness is overwhelming. :moon:
Jace Falco
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Nice spot! Tempts me to go watch Serenity again. But every time I look at that show/film, the sense of sadness is overwhelming. :moon:
Remember the good times, don't think about the sad end :moon:
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Watchable? Perhaps. Attractive? Most definitely. But there is something lacking. She's too serious to the point of alienation. Her facial expressions and acting is parallel to a Terminator robot.
Yes yes but lol... yeah that is debatable, that would probably be most peoples' criticism of her. I wouldn't say she's a bad actress though, just a little wooden and lacking emotional expression. Like Keanu Reeves, or Channing Tatum
mimimimi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just watched The Prestige.

Though I worked out a couple of the twists relatively early on (compared to the other people I watched it with), I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a little slow in parts, but the ending was worth it, I think.

Has anyone seen The Illusionist? I remember those two came out at a similar time and I always get them mixed up, so I was wondering if they're actually similar? Because if they are I may have to watch it.
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by mimimimi)
Just watched The Prestige.

Though I worked out a couple of the twists relatively early on (compared to the other people I watched it with), I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a little slow in parts, but the ending was worth it, I think.

Has anyone seen The Illusionist? I remember those two came out at a similar time and I always get them mixed up, so I was wondering if they're actually similar? Because if they are I may have to watch it.
Only similarity is setting and being about magicians. I found the Illusionist a bit boring, disappointing and overall, significantly inferior.
mimimimi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Only similarity is setting and being about magicians. I found the Illusionist a bit boring, disappointing and overall, significantly inferior.
I had heard that The Prestige was the better of the two, plus it's Christopher Nolan, so that's why I chose to watch it. I might not bother with The Illusionist, then!

Forgot to mention I loved David Bowie as Tesla. Awesome.
Ape Gone Insane
(Original post by mimimimi)
I had heard that The Prestige was the better of the two, plus it's Christopher Nolan, so that's why I chose to watch it. I might not bother with The Illusionist, then!

Forgot to mention I loved David Bowie as Tesla. Awesome.
Try giving it a watch. Not bad enough to avoid completely.

Contemplating watching The Illusionist (2010). Animated film. :holmes:
mimimimi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Oh, okay, perhaps I will check it out then. A quick scan on IMDB tells me it stars both Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti, interesting...

I'll have to save it for another day though, two films about magicians in one evening might be a bit much! Considering re-watching An Education now.
lukejoshjedi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
while we're on the topic of films about magicians... what about 'Magicians'

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0841027/ lol... Mitchel and Webb, not to everyone's tastes but they're funny in peep show
lukejoshjedi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
also, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol which may be out later this year. Why... it's so not needed imo
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
Mission Impossible 3 is on tonight. :p:
cadaeibfeceh
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Madjackismad)
Mission Impossible 3 is on tonight. :p:
Both lead actresses in that share a birthday... with me!
aja89
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

The Illusionist is a fantastic film. Watch it! :cool:
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm coming to the conclusion that I don't watch enough bad films.

(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
also, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol which may be out later this year. Why... it's so not needed imo
What do you mean by not needed? If you mean not needed in terms of the story arc, then I would argue that none of the films after the first were needed. If you mean not needed in terms of a general film, then I would disagree. The third film was great fun as a simple action flick, and I'm sure this one will try and live up to that.
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
After rewatching 'The Princess and the Frog' I have decided i love it. One of Disneys finest animations in years.
The Stig
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Views on 'About a Boy'? Worth a watch?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.4%
No I don't (546)
48.49%

Watched Threads