This discussion is part of a series.
view next
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zayn Malik)
Location is the single most important factor when choosing between big clubs aside from money. As a foreigner (theoretically), I'd 100% join a London club over a Manchester one if wages were the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No need for the "theoretically" pal
Zayn Malik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
No need for the "theoretically" pal
Racist!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nickini
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Icecream1)
I am sure that many European clubs are guilty of this and they should all receive similar punishment. I have heard of clubs circumventing rules by bringing the family over, buying them a house and getting parents a job, so they can claim the family has moved over together and not just the youngster for football.

I'm not sure many will respond as well as Barca considering they won the treble and 5/6 available trophies in the calendar year.
Wouldn't be at all surprised, the rumour I was referring to specifically mentioned Chelsea and Arsenal alongside the Madrid clubs so there might actually be something there. Would actually sort of welcome it as a Chelsea fan, means we'd be forced to give some of our youth/loan army a chance.

Thing is because of the timing of the ban and the length of the appeal process Barca had a whole summer window to prepare which they did at great expense with Suarez, Rakatic, Bravo etc., contributing significantly to their success. The Madrid clubs may not get this luxury.

Barca were still able to sign two quality players in Turan and Vidal despite the fact they couldn't even be registered, you'd think Real Madrid would be able to make similar deals but I think Aletico (and hypothetically Chelsea/Arsenal) would struggle to pull of a similar feat.

I don't think Atletico or Real will suffer massively because of this though, they both have fantastic squads already. A transfer ban for RM may not even be a bad thing, would stop Perez's constant tinkering.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zayn Malik)
Racist!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
quiet u indian
Pimped Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
quiet u indian
forgot manlet
Icecream1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nickini)
Wouldn't be at all surprised, the rumour I was referring to specifically mentioned Chelsea and Arsenal alongside the Madrid clubs so there might actually be something there. Would actually sort of welcome it as a Chelsea fan, means we'd be forced to give some of our youth/loan army a chance.

Thing is because of the timing of the ban and the length of the appeal process Barca had a whole summer window to prepare which they did at great expense with Suarez, Rakatic, Bravo etc., contributing significantly to their success. The Madrid clubs may not get this luxury.

Barca were still able to sign two quality players in Turan and Vidal despite the fact they couldn't even be registered, you'd think Real Madrid would be able to make similar deals but I think Aletico (and hypothetically Chelsea/Arsenal) would struggle to pull of a similar feat.

I don't think Atletico or Real will suffer massively because of this though, they both have fantastic squads already. A transfer ban for RM may not even be a bad thing, would stop Perez's constant tinkering.
Chelsea did alright with Kakuta?

Yeah, Barca were fortunate with timing. They did well in signing Turan and Vidal, the selling clubs knowing they could try to get a higher fee but ultimately the lure to join is greater than the downside of missing half a season.

Atletico should be ok with a decent, young squad. It will be interesting to see how Real get on, Zidane having the same squad as Rafa. I agree it could work for them, bringing squad stability instead of chopping and changing.

I don't think Ronaldo or Benzema will leave in the summer now, before the ban I thought they would be leaving.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Valencia beat Granada 7-0 over two legs, so Gary Neville's in the CDR last eight.

Atleti, Valencia, Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla, Celta Vigo, Las Palmas and second-division Mirandes are remaining.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pimped Butterfly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's 5.5 shots a game, which isn't even that much really. Suarez was doing similar numbers at Liverpool, Aguero has had similar numbers too.

I think Ronaldo is normally up at 7-8 a game, whoscored thinks so too http://www.whoscored.com/Players/558...stiano-Ronaldo . And on this page http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics , he's only a shot per game more than Messi/Lewa, and only 2 more than Coutinho. Team player.
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hardly surprising considering Messi and Suarez walk most goals into the net.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Aspas in the top ten = redundant stats.

Also, "Real Madrid to appeal transfer ban". Has there ever been a more expected headline?
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)

Also, "Real Madrid to appeal transfer ban". Has there ever been a more expected headline?
Real Madrid banned for two transfer windows.

Also this makes sense why Atlético bought so many strikers/forwards in the summer.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Real Madrid banned for two transfer windows.

Also this makes sense why Atlético bought so many strikers/forwards in the summer.
Imagine that PL clubs will feel the ripple-effects, though. They may have to undertake some alternative buying patterns this summer.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

In terms of number of shots taken. Doesn't say anything about quality or where the ball ended up.
difeo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Higher shot numbers aren't inherently a good thing. My main point was Ronaldo, twice as many as anyone else lol
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Higher shot numbers aren't inherently a good thing. My main point was Ronaldo, twice as many as anyone else lol
(Original post by Zerforax)
In terms of number of shots taken. Doesn't say anything about quality or where the ball ended up.
Nah I know. Was mainly just voicing my disapproval that Aspas is in any sort of list with Ronaldo.

The Aspas School of Corners will always be remembered.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol at Gijon
Major Zero
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
5-0 and it's only HT
The Wavefunction
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As emphatic a start as it's been for Zizou, these aren't the games that he's going to be judged on. Unless you're beating Barca, Atletico, Seville or Villareal, thumping Gijon doesn't mean ****.
Major Zero
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The Wavefunction)
As emphatic a start as it's been for Zizou, these aren't the games that he's going to be judged on. Unless you're beating Barca, Atletico, Seville or Villareal, thumping Gijon doesn't mean ****.
Absolutely. These teams are more often than not cannon fodder for the big teams, especially the big two, as demonstrated by the 5-1 mauling.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (69)
19.66%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.03%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.32%

Watched Threads