The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BOOM!!!
My sister forced me to spend the morning writing down all the clearing details (phone numbers) on the front of prospectus' for about 40 universities. This probably would have been a better solution :biggrin:

You're sister sounds brilliant! I was going to spend the day doing the same but I was at work and didn't want to waste my time writing down details for uni's that will end up not being in clearing knowing my luck haha
Original post by Infamous12
Does anyone else get their results online? I feel it's so much more convenient.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it does.
Plus it's a good way to avoid teachers if things have gone horrible. :P
Reply 9042
Original post by Leechayy
As a pre A-level student I'll pray for you all best of luck for tomorrow:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9043
10 hours to go to results! Perfect timing to keep myself occupied with this tonight!

Spoiler

Original post by xDanny 117
You're not alone.... eeeeeeeeeeek!

I want the night to be over and 8am to arrive as quickly as possible :/, I'm at the stage now where I just want to get somewhere!
Original post by dan94adibi
Yeah it does.
Plus it's a good way to avoid teachers if things have gone horrible. :P

Haha, yeah. And fellow students too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by needtosucceed=)
ahh thats good :biggrin:
chemistrys not looking good, but im as happy as i can be for business and biology :smile: didnt bother checking/caring about maths aha..
oh really!? no one in my school does less than 3 aha! if i could have dropped maths im sure i coulda got better grades in january and overall i reckon, its so time consuming going to all the lessons, doing the homework etc when I didnt care about it lol.
me too! but im leaning more towards the getting it over with and then preparing for uni (hopefully) less than 10 hours!

Oh i'm sure you'll have done well in chemistry, grade boundaries can be misleading sometimes! And that's great to hear, so you can just relax till... 8 and a bit hours from now :biggrin:
Yeah, i know what you mean, but i guess your application gets such a boost when they see you could handle so many difficult subjects :smile:
Oh that reminds me, I've not made any uni preparations yet - i didn't want to jinx my results or anything :laugh:
Reply 9047
Original post by Kadux
So clearing has opened me up to courses I couldn't apply to before and would prefer over my insurance. Say if I miss my firm and get accepted into my insurance, am I still allowed to cancel it tomorrow morning and go into clearing?

Yup
Reply 9048
Been watching this thread for a while, so thought It was time join plus there's no way I'm sleeping tonight :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9049
Oh God, I'm finally getting nervous, why did ITV have to put a news report on clearing? My dad's making me feel nervous, and I'm only waiting on AS results :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bethxoo
Been watching this thread for a while, so thought It was time join plus there's no way I'm sleeping tonight :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was hoping to staying up all night and marathoning movies but I have a killer headache so I have been forced to go to sleep.
Reply 9051
Hi, can someone confirm whether or not clearing places are available on UCAS from midnight?
Reply 9052
Original post by Bethxoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Head to the all nighter thread

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 9053
Original post by Libertyrose95
You're sister sounds brilliant! I was going to spend the day doing the same but I was at work and didn't want to waste my time writing down details for uni's that will end up not being in clearing knowing my luck haha

Haha she can be, at least it got my mind off AS results. Well my effort will either go to waste if she gets into her firm and doesn't end up in clearing (this will obviously be fantastic for her though!) or like u said they may not end up with a course in clearing. Haha I have awful luck too!
Original post by gman10
Hi, can someone confirm whether or not clearing places are available on UCAS from midnight?

that's what it says.
Reply 9055
Good luck everyone with your AS/A2 results!! I'm actually nervous and I've already received my grades!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9056
Okay, so the course I applied for has gone into clearing with the same requirements as my offer. Does this mean many people have been rejected a place on the course or was it simply undersubscribed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9057
Original post by Libertyrose95
You're sister sounds

She is not sister sounds.
Reply 9058
Original post by Aarono19
Good luck everyone with your AS/A2 results!! I'm actually nervous and I've already received my grades!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

CIE/ Scotch?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 9059
Original post by DJMayes
Well, if you wanted to sit a Maths entrance exam that A* students routinely fail as part of the conditions of your offer then you could get some results at midnight tonight. :tongue:

Still feel it isn't fair?

No it's not? :tongue:

Nah really, it's all a big shambles for everyone.

Latest