Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dzeko looking class. What a player he is. Really should have gone for him towards end of last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    To be fair you can't keep playing history (sound like another club? :p:) as for the first time Spurs undoubtedly have a better squad and first XI while the past two seasons Spurs have had an equal squad to Arsenal's imo. Liverpool also are the strongest for a fair few seasons. If squads stay the same Spurs will get it, can see them getting 74+ while Arsenal will get around 70 again, depending on who you get in really, and Liverpool high 60s, to 70s depending on if inconsistencies get sorted out.
    I'm sorry but you are talking nonsense, they didn't even play that well against crystal palace.

Just because they spent loads of money doesn't mean they will be more consistent than us over the course of the season and you would think people would have learnt to stop dismissing Arsenal by now but I guess old habits die hard eh......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    lmao. You mean stevan jovetic of man city, since he signed for them over a month ago?
    woops. but the point stands that we need someone LIKE him, not necessarily him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)
    Can't imagine Wenger and Kinner having a laugh down the pub over a few ciders. Actually, can't imagine Wenger down the pub. Quite a funny image lol.
    Wenger grew up in a pub in Alsace, his parents were pub owners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Dzeko looking class. What a player he is. Really should have gone for him towards end of last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you being serious? I think he's been shocking. Missed chance after chance. I think Negredo is the superior striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Are you being serious? I think he's been shocking. Missed chance after chance. I think Negredo is the superior striker.
    Nah mate, he's been everywhere. Linking up brilliantly, aggressive and physical, dribbling well and but for Krul hed have a goal. Top striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    Wenger grew up in a pub in Alsace, his parents were pub owners.
    Probably a bit different to the kind of boozer Kinnear grew up in...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but you are talking nonsense, they didn't even play that well against crystal palace.

Just because they spent loads of money doesn't mean they will be more consistent than us over the course of the season and you would think people would have learnt to stop dismissing Arsenal by now but I guess old habits die hard eh......
    Paulinho and Soldado will be class for Spurs. They are fantastic players. Not to mention Chadli gives Spurs an option on the wing, something they really missed with Lennon's injury last season. Capoue i have heard good things about as a player but haven't really seen him though apparently had a poor season last year. Willian also linked...

Also Kaboul and Sandro are back, almost like new signings as they were out with injury last season...

It's a side with quite a few new signings, so things will take time to gel, but i really rate Spurs this season and there is no way a squad like that should get under 70 points when it's so much stronger than last season's, which means Arsenal need to be matching last season to be in with a chance.

Apart from the CAM and LB position i can't see where Arsenal are stronger in any way really. Prove me wrong here.

I'm not dismissing Arsenal in any way, i'm saying it's getting more and more difficult each season for them, and this one especially as Spurs have strengthened big time. Arsenal will be getting ~70 points so it's a case of if Spurs reach their potential i envisage issues for Arsenal the way it's going as the top 3 are a class above as we have seen this weekend...

ReputationRep:
    Think his MOTM performance disagrees with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    Think his MOTM performance disagrees with you.
    Invincibles is apparently the one who said Arsenal's squad is as good as United's so might explain those comments...

Dzeko was superb though, the best i've seen him play, very unfortunate to not get a goal. Ridiculous amount of attacking quality for City.

ReputationRep:
    He's dangerous and another day these chances he'll put away. But I think eventually Negredo will take his place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol the way Navas is playing, Milner better get used to his comfy leather bench seat cos he won't be getting on the pitch for a looooooooooooooooong time!

ReputationRep:
    Lol the way Navas is playing, Milner better get used to his comfy leather bench seat cos he won't be getting on the pitch for a looooooooooooooooong time!
    The only way Miner is getting back in is if Navas' homesickness returns.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Probably a bit different to the kind of boozer Kinnear grew up in...
    Yes Lol

ReputationRep:
    1. Paulinho and Soldado will be class for Spurs.

2. Chadli gives Spurs an option on the wing, something they really missed with Lennon's injury last season.

3. Also Kaboul and Sandro are back, almost like new signings as they were out with injury last season...

Apart from the CAM and LB position i can't see where Arsenal are stronger in any way really. Prove me wrong here.

1. I agree about soldado but not too sure about paulinho tbh, i mean who had even heard of him before tottenham bought him? Just cos he cost 17.5 m doesn't mean he'll be all that good.

2. Chadli is quite frankly an average player bought from an average club.

3. Someone must be feeling optimistic......

4. Are you being serious??????????:eek::eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    The only way Miner is getting back in is if Navas' homesickness returns.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He hasn't looked homesick so far (including pre season) and anyway he can always bring his family to Manchester (if he hasn't already).

ReputationRep:
    1. I agree about soldado but not too sure about paulinho tbh, i mean who had even heard of him better tottenham bought him? Just cos he cost 17.5 m doesn't mean he'll be that good.

2. Chadli is quite frankly an average player bought from an average club.

3. Someone must be feeling optimistic......

4. Are you being serious??????????
    1. Paulinho will be brilliant in the league, i have very high thoughts on him.

2. How many times have you seen him?

3. Kaboul and Sandro are excellent, Kaboul is Spurs' second best CB, and Sandro is one of the best DMs in the league. Big misses last season.

4. Yes i am, please tell me where Arsenal are definitively stronger. I don't like man for man comparisons but Spurs have a very strong XI now and have some good depth now too. Arsenal need to strengthen in multiple areas including striker, rb, winger, DM, and they need world class in those positions. But if we are looking man for man then CAM with Cazorla and Rosicky and LB with Gibbs and Monreal are the only players who i rate higher than Spurs players in those positions. Apart from that it's either close and too hard to call or i would say Spurs are stronger there.

Key gulfs in class are in DM where Spurs have Paulinho, Sandro and Capoue. Gareth Bale. And Soldado who is on a different level to Giroud. Apart from that it is similar.

ReputationRep:
    1. Paulinho will be brilliant in the league, i have very high thoughts on him.

2.Yes i am, please tell me where Arsenal are definitively stronger. I don't like man for man comparisons but Spurs have a very strong XI now and have some good depth now too. Arsenal need to strengthen in multiple areas including striker, rb, winger, DM, and they need world class in those positions. But if we are looking man for man then CAM with Cazorla and Rosicky and LB with Gibbs and Monreal are the only players who i rate higher than Spurs players in those positions. Apart from that it's either close and too hard to call or i would say Spurs are stronger there.

Key gulfs in class are in DM where Spurs have Paulinho, Sandro and Capoue. Gareth Bale. And Soldado who is on a different level to Giroud. Apart from that it is similar.
    1. Good for you, I have high thoughts of chamberlain, zelalem, miquel etc but that doesn't mean anything.

2. Er mate, ever heard of Wilshere, Arteta and Sagna or Koscielny? Where do they play?

3. Why even bother to bring up Bale he'll be gone soon and AVB knows it, that's why he's been buying players like mad.

4. I've already said I agree that soldado is quality, although I think Tottenham have (slightly) overpaid for him.

ReputationRep:
    1. Good for you, I have high thoughts of chamberlain, zelalem, miquel etc but that doesn't mean anything.

2. Er mate, ever heard of Wilshere, Arteta and Sagna or Koscielny? Where do they play?

3. Why even bother to bring up Bale he'll be gone soon and AVB knows it, that's why he's been buying players like mad.

4. I've already said I agree that soldado is quality, although I think Tottenham have (slightly) overpaid for him.
    Come on, that's a very dumb comment, it seems like you have never heard of Paulinho before, i suggest you read up on him a bit! My opinion matters little, though there's reason why he's very highly rated.

Wilshere is on the same level as Dembele, both excellent players.

Koscielney is as good as Vertonghen, both excellent players again.

Sagna is not very good anymore, and Walker isn't particularly good at RB either

Arteta is more of a CM played at DM, does a good job there, but look at that Spurs depth in that position...

Bale still plays for Spurs so i am naming him, if he leaves expect a couple of other marquee signings such as Willian to join who will be significantly better than walcott who is just too one dimensional.

Does it matter Soldado was overpaid for? We'll see on how he does through the season if that is true or not though, though for the options Spurs could have bought it was a excellent signing.

ReputationRep:
    He hasn't looked homesick so far (including pre season) and anyway he can always bring his family to Manchester (if he hasn't already).
    I hope he doesn't because he's an exhilarating footballer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.