Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah')
    IT'S [email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected] I've missed you so much! How are you?! You should PM me, I miss the random long chats we had :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In the flesh hun, in the flesh...well technically in the digital world...but you get my point :lol: Misse dya too :grin: I'm here, there and everywhere with emotions to be honest buuuuuut i'm trying to keep it together at the seems How about you? Yeah I will at some point today! I'll be on and off a lot and I'm busier this year than I was last year due to having less days off n'all, so replies won't be as frequent as before. But i'll try to reply to them as quickly as I can :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    I decided to have a quick nap not long after I posted that, and I did have an alarm to wake me up at 8:30, but I only woke up 15 minutes ago :eek: :cry:
    Lie ins are the best :cool: didn't miss anything important did you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Lie ins are the best :cool: didn't miss anything important did you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately I did, also missed the tutorial and I think we had something important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avhhs)
    Unfortunately I did, also missed the tutorial and I think we had something important
    Ah I'm sure a friend will catch you up with anything you might have missed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My doctor told me when I feel down, I should imagine what people would say at my funeral. :shy2:
    Which didn't make it any better for me.

Just an :wings: in the sky!

ReputationRep:
    Ah I'm sure a friend will catch you up with anything you might have missed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from depression and I currently undergoing CBT/Exposure Therapy for Automatonophobia. If anyone wants to talk about anything to do with phobia or panic attacks, you can always message me.

ReputationRep:
    It is pretty complicated, only been here 6 weeks and i'm running three of my own projects, this library project is a £600,000 contract eek! I get so nervous i'll do it wrong but i enjoy it!
    Is that the job you were all worried about before it started? Really glad to hear you've settled in and started enjoying it.

(Original post by avhhs)
    I decided to have a quick nap not long after I posted that, and I did have an alarm to wake me up at 8:30, but I only woke up 15 minutes ago :eek: :cry:
    Congratulations avhhs, you've now achieved typical student status!

(Original post by Gemmer_)
    My doctor told me when I feel down, I should imagine what people would say at my funeral. :shy2:

Just an :wings: in the sky!
    Yeesh, what a weird and unhelpful thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Yeah- it's awfully unsettling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KelseyLoveday)
    I suffer from depression and I currently undergoing CBT/Exposure Therapy for Automatonophobia. If anyone wants to talk about anything to do with phobia or panic attacks, you can always message me.
    I also suffer from depression, and a lot of other things. But thank you for posting with us today. Welcome to TSR MHSS :hugs:
    I'm always here for a chat. Even when I need help myself.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the society. And I think you win the official MHSS prize for 'most unusual phobia'.

ReputationRep:
    Is that the job you were all worried about before it started? Really glad to hear you've settled in and started enjoying it.
    Yeah that's the one, you remembered I'm glad too, I was so nervous at first but I'm settled in now.

How is your day going today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also suffer from depression, and a lot of other things. But thank you for posting with us today. Welcome to TSR MHSS :hugs:
    I'm always here for a chat. Even when I need help myself.
    Thank you, It means a lot.

Welcome to the society. And I think you win the official MHSS prize for 'most unusual phobia'.
    Hahaha thank you? XD

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, It means a lot.
    Oh no need to thank me! We're all here for one another. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Yeah- it's awfully unsettling.
    Maybe your GP doesn't realise how unhelpful (or potentially dangerous) that type of advice could be. Possibly he/she considers it good advice and says it to everyone who presents with a depressive symptoms. To be honest it's the sort of advice you'd expect to get from random fool down the pub

Did you tell the GP how it made you feel? It might help the GP to re-evaluate the type of advice given.

Hope you're feeling okay about it though. I'm pretty sure the GP was only trying to be supportive.

ReputationRep:
    this may be a random question, but how did you get your phobia diagnosed? i have ornithophobia and emetophobia but to scared to go to the drs about it incase they laugh me out of the surgery

x
    i saw your name and instantly started singing
    oh wolfie your so wise,
    your so wise you blow my mind
    hey wolfie hey hey hey wolfie

i think i need more sleep :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Struggling, but I've acknowledged I will from here on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by los lobos marinos)
    Maybe your GP doesn't realise how unhelpful (or potentially dangerous) that type of advice could be. Possibly he/she considers it good advice and says to everyone who presents with a depressive symptoms. To be honest it's the sought of advice you'd expect to get from random fool down the pub

Did you tell the GP how it made you feel? It might help the GP to re-evaluate the type of advice given.

Hope you're feeling okay about it though. I'm pretty sure the GP was only trying to be supportive.
    It wasn't the worst advice I've ever been given. I don't know what that type of advice is meant to bring me, though, thinking about it. I mean, how am I supposed to know what people will say when I'm not longer around?
    I told him how strange I thought the idea was. But it was from a Psychiatrist. Which makes me wonder why we ever paid him. (I see someone through the NHS now, if you're wondering). I'm alright. I'm sure he was trying to be supportive. So I let it pass. I was just thinking about it earlier as it wandered my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    Struggling, but I've acknowledged I will from here on.
    May I ask what's wrong? Please don't tell me if you don't want to though. If PM is better, feel free.
    Things do get better, as common as that sounds. But it does take time, depending on the situation. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I speak from past experiences. It may feel like the end, it may feel like there's nothing in this world that can make things better, but there is. Be strong enough to tackle whatever comes your way. Show the world you WERE meant to be here. :hugs:

Sorry for going all Ghandi on you.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations avhhs, you've now achieved typical student status!
    :laugh: Ever since I've moved in here I've been having trouble sleeping, I've had a few near misses, waking up barely half an hour before I need to be in, but nothing like this has happened for a long time. And now it is only 15 minutes until the next lecture but I'm still waiting for my food to cook :sad:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.