Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    I'm not the right guy for this. Look, if I met a posh girl in the choir of King's College, Cambridge, I could probably sustain about 2-5 minutes talking about it pretending I knew my ****, but after that I'd be out of ideas and moving the conversation swiftly along. Perhaps Zurich is more of an expert than I?
    In my experience, posh girls are intrigued by working class boys, so long as you dont come across as a chav or start chatting to her about the accumulators you have on. I nicked a bottle of wine from a Uni do a few years back and I swear this posh girl I drank it with after thought we were Bonnie and Clyde. :laugh:

What you want to do is dress in a Bohemian fashion and create a powerful persona of the boy about town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Not a big eater at that time but I'll chill for a bit.

There is a pub called 'the Hope' in Farringdon, otherwise known as the ''No Hope'', that opens for the market traders at 6am, not going to pretend I havent ended up in there off my tits on a few occasions
    (Original post by JamesR12)
    Every ****ing Friday night
    any Cargo fans?

Would assume Zurich loves that Shoreditch hipster vibe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    any Cargo fans?

Who are cargo?

I like Chris Brown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There was a lot of truth in that series. You do get an awful lot of psychopaths in IB, the attraction is obvious for them, and 100% people will walk all over you given the chance. I suspect rates of depression are higher in that profession than among builders tbh.

Some 25 year old threw himself off a restaurant roof in Bank in 2010 because he thought he was getting the sack. What was going on in his head?
    That's absolutely ****ed up man. I think they can develop the psychopathy too there. That ruthlessness and remorseless behaviour encountered by the higher ups can transfer to the lower people.

No idea how losing a job can cause you to do suicide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Who are cargo?

I like Chris Brown.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    club in london.

yeah bare deep on how KwikEMart cheated on him with Drake of all people.

ReputationRep:
    any Cargo fans?

Yeah very much like it round there, although the place isnt terribly hip any more. Moved onto to Dalston, Hackney, Bethnal Green ends now. Cargo is decent but never really got into the habit of going, one of those ones.

Some nice bars around still, often spend the evening dossing about Hoxton Sq

Favourite bar atm is the Dalston Jazz bar, that place is madness. Definitely get the link up there if you play your cards right

ReputationRep:
    When everyone asks what I do and I tell them, first response is "that has the highest suicide rate of any job in the UK" :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

yeah bare deep on how KwikEMart cheated on him with Drake of all people.
    She a hoe. He can do better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah very much like it round there, although the place isnt terribly hip any more. Moved onto to Dalston, Hackney, Bethnal Green ends now. Cargo is decent but never really got into the habit of going, one of those ones.

Some nice bars around still, often spend the evening dossing about Hoxton Sq

Favourite bar atm is the Dalston Jazz bar, that place is madness. Definitely get the link up there if you play your cards right
    dont really enjoy going out to bars right now. very much this:

dont know how you do it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    She a hoe. He can do better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dont know what he saw in her:confused:

obviously not a wifey personality.

you seen Nicki in the new Over video? some transformation.

ReputationRep:
    People do it in a patronising way as well. It's all about the ceremony and the exclusion for some people. Like when you go to a nice restaurant and the staff are basically told to be extremely submissive and sycophantic, I dont understand why some people feel the need to be in that environment.
    100% on that, I think some people boost their self worth on the basis of exclusivity for the sake of it. Getting off on the fact that they know the ins and out of a perceived superior world. I think its actually a very similar thing to that which drives hipsters, the need to set themselves apart and crucially above in someway.

(Original post by jam277)
    No idea how losing a job can cause you to do suicide.
    For some people their job is everything. Without their job they are going to lose their flat/house, their car, the lifestyle they have. Their friends are actually just acquaintances, who they will lose face and touch with once they no longer move in the same circles. Their wife or girlfriend is pretty much a semi-sugar baby, and they know once they can't provide her with the Instagram life she requires she'll drop them, might lose their kids as a result. High stakes for many.

ReputationRep:
    dont know what he saw in her:confused:

obviously not a wifey personality.

you seen Nicki in the new Over video? some transformation.
    The next time I watch a Nicki Minaj video I want a revolver to the brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The next time I watch a Nicki Minaj video I want a revolver to the brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dont eat chickens unless the last name is cutlet

#quality

ReputationRep:
    dont eat chickens unless the last name is cutlet

#quality
    I can't remember the last time I went a day without meat. Can't not have it at least once a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the last time I went a day without meat. Can't not have it at least once a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you even watch the Jersey Shore?

ReputationRep:
    do you even watch the Jersey Shore?
    No but I like chicken.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No but I like chicken.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    but what that got to do with the Jersey Shore?

ReputationRep:
    but what that got to do with the Jersey Shore?

You mentioned chicken

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Question guys. I have an interview on Wednesday with a law firm for a Graduate support analyst role. Don't really want it 100% but it's a job. I also have an Ernst and Young interview this week which is a lot more appealing in terms of prestige... lets say I get an offer from the law firm first, if I accept it would I have to stay there for a minimum period or would it be fine to just leave and go to the Ernst and Young graduate scheme if/when i get the offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Question guys. I have an interview on Wednesday with a law firm for a Graduate support analyst role. Don't really want it 100% but it's a job. I also have an Ernst and Young interview this week which is a lot more appealing in terms of prestige... lets say I get an offer from the law firm first, if I accept it would I have to stay there for a minimum period or would it be fine to just leave and go to the Ernst and Young graduate scheme if/when i get the offer?
    Can't you just not sign **** until you find out from E&Y as well? Grats on the interviews though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.