Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anishkulkarni98)
    Attachment 481737
    reading the first paragraph, I thought I was selected for interview after all but...😢😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dont worry it not the end of the world lol
    i just sent a first email saying
    please could i get some feedback as to why i didn't get shortlisted for interview
    is that what you wrote in your first email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drrycbar123)
    12A* GCSEs from a crap school
    BMAT: S1 5.4, S2 5.9, S3 3.5A
    well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lau14)
    Some colleges say before you come, some don't, it isn't subject dependent but either way the information will be available when you're there so don't worry
    Haha okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard for Maths at Worcester yet? The waiting is driving me insane! I want this more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skygliderjack)
    I'm not international and I haven't received any information about my Engineering Science application as of yet!
    I received my invitation for Engineering two days ago from Christ Church. Last year, I received it on the 2nd December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavinlowe)
    Given the amount of time and care that goes into deciding who to shortlist, I find your comments ignorant and insulting.
    Yes, in hindsight I'll agree that what I said was insensitive and unthoughtful to everyone, shortlisted or rejected. It was aimed towards medicine as applicants are selected by algorithm there so many excellent applicants won't even have their application looked at by a human before rejection, but at the time I didn't realise that it could also apply to everyone else who received a rejection. Sorry if I offended you and any others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicianπ)
    Anyone heard for Maths at Worcester yet? The waiting is driving me insane! I want this more than anything.
    Yeah I am waiting too, it's killing me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    dont worry it not the end of the world lol
    i just sent a first email saying
    please could i get some feedback as to why i didn't get shortlisted for interview
    is that what you wrote in your first email?
    I wrote "I have considering a reapplication next year at Oxford university and would like to improve upon my present application. A feedback would be appreciated! "

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordred12345)
    Yeah I am waiting too, it's killing me.
    Someone said something either on here or the MAT chat about ringing Worcester today. Apparently they said that they had sent letters via post yesterday so it's up to interpretation as to whether that's true and if it is then when the letters should be with us.

(ON A DOWNSIDE THIS MEANS THAT MY COMPULSIVE EMAIL CHECKING IS FUTILE)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anishkulkarni98)
    I wrote "I have considering a reapplication next year at Oxford university and would like to improve upon my present application. A feedback would be appreciated! "

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *I have been

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got an interview for Physics at Jesus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecconomist)
    Does anyone know what day interviews are likely to happen if say I have to arrive by 14.00 on Wednesday 9th and leave no later than 14.00 on Friday 11th?
    there is a timetable

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable

ReputationRep:
    (ON A DOWNSIDE THIS MEANS THAT MY COMPULSIVE EMAIL CHECKING IS FUTILE)
    Oh dear... I've been checking every 10 mins or so XD... Now I'll be waiting by the front door instead.

Apparently people have been emailed from Worcester college about results

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear... I've been checking every 10 mins or so XD... Now I'll be waiting by the front door instead.

Very much a case of mixed information from different sources.

ReputationRep:
    Very much a case of mixed information from different sources.
    Only time will tell

ReputationRep:
    i just got rejected for computer science at keble good luck everyone else
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    All of our direct applicants have now been contacted with the outcome of the first selection round. For general information, we are releasing a summary breakdown of decisions for Brasenose. Note that the following data omit Medicine because, as previously advised, these applications are administered centrally by the Medicine Department - although Medical applicants have also been contacted.

Over all other subjects applied for, 57% of applicants have been invited to attend interview either next week or the week after. Of these, 60% will be interviewed by Brasenose as the host College while 40% of interviewees have been reallocated by the Department concerned to one of 30 other Oxford Colleges. The overall interview rate of 57% is exactly the same as the most recent online figure published by the University: http://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-...istics/courses

If you have been invited to interview, congratulations and we wish you all the best for the next stage. If you are staying at Brasenose, we have recruited 41 undergraduate student hosts who will work shifts to make you as welcome as possible and who will help get you to your interviews on time. We will try and make your stay as pleasant as we can - facilities include a well-equipped student common room, a comfortable single bedroom, and plenty of good food to enjoy free of charge.

If you are not coming to interview we are very sorry that it is not possible to go further with your application but likewise we wish you all the best with your other options. If you would like further feedback when it is available after 6th January, please write to us at [email protected] requesting it.

Brasenose Admissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    All of our direct applicants have now been contacted with the outcome of the first selection round. For general information, we are releasing a summary breakdown of decisions for Brasenose. Note that the following data omit Medicine because, as previously advised, these applications are administered centrally by the Medicine Department - although Medical applicants have also been contacted.

Over all other subjects applied for, 57% of applicants have been invited to attend interview either next week or the week after. Of these, 60% will be interviewed by Brasenose as the host College while 40% of interviewees have been reallocated by the Department concerned to one of 30 other Oxford Colleges. The overall interview rate of 57% is exactly the same as the most recent online figure published by the University: http://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-...istics/courses

If you have been invited to interview, congratulations and we wish you all the best for the next stage. If you are staying at Brasenose, we have recruited 41 undergraduate student hosts who will work shifts to make you as welcome as possible and who will help get you to your interviews on time. We will try and make your stay as pleasant as we can - facilities include a well-equipped student common room, a comfortable single bedroom, and plenty of good food to enjoy free of charge.

If you are not coming to interview we are very sorry that it is not possible to go further with your application but likewise we wish you all the best with your other options. If you would like further feedback when it is available after 6th January, please write to us at [email protected] requesting it.

Brasenose Admissions

Do you have the data for Econ and Management?

ReputationRep:

Aye I have, been talking on the MAT chat if you're interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    Aye I have, been talking on the MAT chat if you're interested
    On my way!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.