Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Any tips for learning the brachial plexus?
    Real Texans Drink Cold Beer :yep:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ama-assn.org/resources/do...lex_how_to.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Sweet. That should do it, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    digitalis' suggestion is good. The wikipedia diagram is actually very good. It's colour coded so you can see clearly which roots contribute to which nerve. Alternatively, if you're comfortable *******ising it, a more simplified diagram may be of use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    digitalis' suggestion is good. The wikipedia diagram is actually very good. It's colour coded so you can see clearly which roots contribute to which nerve. Alternatively, if you're comfortable *******ising it, a more simplified diagram may be of use.
    That '*******ised' version is all I remember now. You can forget alot in 2 years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    That '*******ised' version is all I remember now. You can forget alot in 2 years!
    I think that's the point of it! You can very easily forget the full version, but that box diagram is a doddle to remember.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember it. Other than it is squiggly.

It combined my two pet hates of neurology and anatomy.

ReputationRep:
    I had to teach a first year anatomy session on Monday and they (read: we) were learning how to draw it from the anatomy demonstrator (very similar to the link Digitalis posted actually). Its one of those things you just forget unless you have a really good way of remembering it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    Got a 2 week placement all the way in Doncaster next month :cry:
    Cheer up. Donny ain't bad. It's just far...maybe you're lucky and someone has a car in your group? The doctors in Donny are really keen to teach (and it's got the best hospital food of all the hospitals). In Phase 2 you'll realize the difference in the amount of teaching from the central hospital and peripheral hospitals. It is like night and day. Most of us were in a state of depression when we went from the peripheral hospital (e.g. Doncaster) to NGH or RHH.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magichearts)
    Donny ain't bad.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ere Digi, just thought about how odd it is that we're both in our Final year and almost Doctors. Seems like an age ago when we were forum freshers.

You feel like your ready? I feel like I've got lots to learn in the next 6 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Ere Digi, just thought about how odd it is that we're both in our Final year and almost Doctors. Seems like an age ago when we were forum freshers.

You feel like your ready? I feel like I've got lots to learn in the next 6 months.
    Getting sentimental are we? yeah it has been a long time! TSR has been good to me Yeah I feel ready, very ready actually. Can't wait to leave the ****ty shackles of studentdom.

You listened to the David Guetta Titanium Alesso remix btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Getting sentimental are we? yeah it has been a long time! TSR has been good to me Yeah I feel ready, very ready actually. Can't wait to leave the ****ty shackles of studentdom.

You listened to the David Guetta Titanium Alesso remix btw?
    A little rheumy eyed at the tender age of 22. What can I say: it's been emotional.

I'm ready to stop being a student but perhaps not as confident at being a doctor.

Love Titanium, my tune of the moment, so I'll definitely give that a listen! :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    A little rheumy eyed at the tender age of 22. What can I say: it's been emotional.

I'm ready to stop being a student but perhaps not as confident at being a doctor.

Love Titanium, my tune of the moment, so I'll definitely give that a listen! :top:
    Lol you hero, that is very true indeed. It's actually very strange to see lots of forum members 'grow up', the forum SHOs like Helenia, Renal, Elles when they were clinical students and we were freshers!

I just got repped for a post about Woody from 2010, where did he go?!

Alesso remix smashes the standard release.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Oh my dear god - having finally got round to applying to student finance - how the **** am I supposed to survive on £3263 - how are people actually living in 5th/6th year?!?!

Can someone tell me their secret?
    Live rent free with your relatives. It's the only way I'm able to afford it and I need to save up for elective

(Original post by John Locke)
    i thought we only get half the normal minimum SFE maintenance loan? + NHS means tested
    :yes:

(Original post by fairy spangles)
    Thankyou i needed hugs!
    Im still puking my guts up though and im still trying to rank jobs at the same time - im up to number 20, im never going to get it all done at this rate. I might just get to 200 and give up
    Bugger - now it says service unavaliable - even though e-mail says it doesnt close until 23.59.59!!
    I'm glad they helped! Are you any better now?

Pipecleaners :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Sweet. That should do it, cheers.
    I made my own model out of pipe cleaners. Making the model was surprisingly helpful. Think I got the idea from someone on here.

ReputationRep:
    The 'At a Glance' series, are actual life-savers!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The medreg page is once again excellent value...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Saliva is boring.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.