Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    ahh thats good
    chemistrys not looking good, but im as happy as i can be for business and biology didnt bother checking/caring about maths aha..
    oh really!? no one in my school does less than 3 aha! if i could have dropped maths im sure i coulda got better grades in january and overall i reckon, its so time consuming going to all the lessons, doing the homework etc when I didnt care about it lol.
    me too! but im leaning more towards the getting it over with and then preparing for uni (hopefully) less than 10 hours!
    Oh i'm sure you'll have done well in chemistry, grade boundaries can be misleading sometimes! And that's great to hear, so you can just relax till... 8 and a bit hours from now
    Yeah, i know what you mean, but i guess your application gets such a boost when they see you could handle so many difficult subjects
    Oh that reminds me, I've not made any uni preparations yet - i didn't want to jinx my results or anything :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadux)
    So clearing has opened me up to courses I couldn't apply to before and would prefer over my insurance. Say if I miss my firm and get accepted into my insurance, am I still allowed to cancel it tomorrow morning and go into clearing?
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    Been watching this thread for a while, so thought It was time join plus there's no way I'm sleeping tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh God, I'm finally getting nervous, why did ITV have to put a news report on clearing? My dad's making me feel nervous, and I'm only waiting on AS results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethxoo)
    Been watching this thread for a while, so thought It was time join plus there's no way I'm sleeping tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was hoping to staying up all night and marathoning movies but I have a killer headache so I have been forced to go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can someone confirm whether or not clearing places are available on UCAS from midnight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethxoo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Head to the all nighter thread

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertyrose95)
    You're sister sounds brilliant! I was going to spend the day doing the same but I was at work and didn't want to waste my time writing down details for uni's that will end up not being in clearing knowing my luck haha
    Haha she can be, at least it got my mind off AS results. Well my effort will either go to waste if she gets into her firm and doesn't end up in clearing (this will obviously be fantastic for her though!) or like u said they may not end up with a course in clearing. Haha I have awful luck too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gman10)
    Hi, can someone confirm whether or not clearing places are available on UCAS from midnight?
    that's what it says.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone with your AS/A2 results!! I'm actually nervous and I've already received my grades!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so the course I applied for has gone into clearing with the same requirements as my offer. Does this mean many people have been rejected a place on the course or was it simply undersubscribed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertyrose95)
    You're sister sounds
    She is not sister sounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aarono19)
    Good luck everyone with your AS/A2 results!! I'm actually nervous and I've already received my grades!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    CIE/ Scotch?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Well, if you wanted to sit a Maths entrance exam that A* students routinely fail as part of the conditions of your offer then you could get some results at midnight tonight.

Still feel it isn't fair?
    No it's not?

Nah really, it's all a big shambles for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gman10)
    Clearing places are available from midnight :yep:

ReputationRep:
    **** just got real! :eek:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ArisR16)
    x
    All it means is they're looking for more people to fill the course.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, when does the Edexcel Results plus come out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOOM!!!)
    Ahh another science folk, I have friends wanting to do the human bio course it looks good! I am doing maths, F maths, chem, bio and geog at the moment. And i'm looking at unis like leeds, nottingham, sheffield, york etc..
    Ah you're aiming high then, somehow I think you're going to be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJMayes)
    Well, if you wanted to sit a Maths entrance exam that A* students routinely fail as part of the conditions of your offer then you could get some results at midnight tonight.

Still feel it isn't fair?
    I just realised, the Cambridge, Warwick and Imperial mathmos are the only other people who'll be finding out if they've met their offers or not come midnight. Not long to go now brah.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.