Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Come on, that's a very dumb comment

Wilshere is on the same level as Dembele, both excellent players.

Koscielney is as good as Vertonghen, both excellent players again.

Arteta is more of a CM played at DM, does a good job there, but look at that Spurs depth in that position...
    If you say so boss :beard:
    I've watched him and he honestly doesn't look that good.

Wilshere has a completely different role to dembele (advanced playmaker) and plays in a different position (deep lying playmaker).

Koscielny is a better Defender than vertonghen (even most spurs fans admit that), vertonghen just glosses this over with more goals.

Arteta does more than a good job there, his overall stats were some of the best in the league (for that position) last year and without him we're just not the same.

He's certainly better than sandro and capoue.
    Just because he's not a traditional destroyer people don't see his importance but the fact remains that you don't have to be a tough tackler to be a good DM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99ja02)

Wilshere has a completely different role to dembele (advanced playmaker) and plays in a different position (deep lying playmaker).

Koscielny is a better Defender than vertonghen (even most spurs fans admit that), vertonghen just glosses this over with more goals.

Arteta does more than a good job there, his overall stats were some of the best in the league (for that position) last year and without him we're just not the same. He's certainly better than sandro and capoue.
    Just because he's not a traditional destroyer people don't see his importance but the fact remains that you don't have to be a tough tackler to be a good DM
    1)Clearly having been watching with your eyes open :rofl:

2) No he is not certainly better then Sandro get your head out your ass.

ReputationRep:
    Another Arsenal-Tottenham debate. Yay...

ReputationRep:
    Paulinho is a good player, I expect he'll do well here. We were linked with him ourselves last summer and I said the same thing then.

The hype machine has been in full force since the confed cup though. Doubt many people had watched him play before that (except in the friendly against england in jan or feb or whenever it was)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    1)Clearly having been watching with your eyes open

2) No he is not certainly better then Sandro get your head out your ass.
    You clearly haven't been watching football at all :eek4:

Too many tottenham supporters on this thread lol. Seriously stick to the tottenham thread next time.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly haven't been watching football at all :eek4:

Too many tottenham supporters on this thread lol. Seriously stick to the tottenham thread next time.
    When you have a few people criticizing your opinion then something is not right. I'm not even a Tottenham fan, how about you actually watch some football take of those rose tinted specs because you just look like a dumb *******.

ReputationRep:
    When you have a few people criticizing your opinion then something is not right. I'm not even a Tottenham fan, how about you actually watch some football take of those rose tinted specs because you just look like a dumb *******.
    Wow two people disagree with me, something clearly isn't right.... not.:confused:

Call me what you like that's your problem. You don't even know me, if someone is a good player (take soldado for example) I would be the first to admit it. Anyway i'm not even that bothered we'll see which team finishes where at the end of the season.

This conversation is over.

ReputationRep:
    Sandro not as good as Arteta lol wut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I hope he doesn't because he's an exhilarating footballer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Non-Arsenal fans always seem to underrate Arteta. Our form without him is pretty dire when you look at it. Sandro is a good player too though, not denying that. These player vs player debates are pretty pointless anyway, too many people have agendas which influence their opinions.

ReputationRep:
    Any signings yet guys? :mmm:

ReputationRep:

Arteta does more than a good job there, his overall stats were some of the best in the league (for that position) last year and without him we're just not the same. He's certainly better than sandro and capoue.
    Just because he's not a traditional destroyer people don't see his importance but the fact remains that you don't have to be a tough tackler to be a good DM.
    You really need to take those rose tinted specs off, that bias is actually laughable. :rofl2: People like you are the reason everyone laughs at Arsenal fans on this forum! I didn't want to get bogged down into player for player comparisons for many reasons such as all players have their advantages and disadvantages, and also everyone is different as a player, but i'm just trying to prove a point that Spurs are stronger now on most areas of the field.

I'm not a Spurs fan like i think you were trying to imply by a later comment too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Apparently we're going to bid another £1 for Cabaye to seal the deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spontogical)
    Yaya Sanogo :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Apparently we're going to bid another £1 for Cabaye to seal the deal.

But Wenger spent it at the Supermarket at the reduced section? :ahee:

ReputationRep:

Call me sad but I know exactly where he is...Waitrose in Kingston lol.

ReputationRep:
    13 days to go...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry guys we'll get our ligue 2 imports a day before the window ends and we'll reach the promised land of the virtual trophy - 4th spot.

ONE ARSENE WENGER..... THERE'S ONE ARSENE WENGER.

ReputationRep:

At least he can say he spent some ****ing money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    You really need to take those rose tinted specs off, that bias is actually laughable. :rofl2: People like you are the reason everyone laughs at Arsenal fans on this forum! I didn't want to get bogged down into player for player comparisons for many reasons such as all players have their advantages and disadvantages, and also everyone is different as a player, but i'm just trying to prove a point that Spurs are stronger now on most areas of the field.

I'm not a Spurs fan like i think you were trying to imply by a later comment too.
    Right so we're biased and the people that negged this pretty sensible post aren't at all biased then?

Non-Arsenal fans always seem to underrate Arteta. Our form without him is pretty dire when you look at it. Sandro is a good player too though, not denying that. These player vs player debates are pretty pointless anyway, too many people have agendas which influence their opinions.
    And you didn't want to get bogged down in player by player comparisons which is why you specifically asked me to name any arsenal players to see if they are better than certain spurs players that you named? That makes sense.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.