This discussion is closed.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Quantum splitting of the universe. There are theories which imply that for every quantum decision the universe splits for each possible outcome which means that there are an infinitely large amount of universes within which no one dies but this is an infinamaldecent amount on universes.
The survival is not in this universe, thus irrelevant

And you might want to tag Stannis, he loves multiverse theory Kappa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it is, because this universe will split into an infinite amount in which all will live,
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Arguably death isn't certain.
I'm not going to dignify this with a response.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Well it is, because this universe will split into an infinite amount in which all will live,
But the only relevant universe is the branch we remain in. What happens in a different shard is irrelevant, much like how a volcanic eruption on the other side of the universe, for all intents and purposes, is irrelevant, that is that it has no impact on us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dodgy physics aside I think its a bit easier to avoid taxes than death.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But the only relevant universe is the branch we remain in. What happens in a different shard is irrelevant, much like how a volcanic eruption on the other side of the universe, for all intents and purposes, is irrelevant, that is that it has no impact on us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And that branch has an infinite amount of branches branching off of it. Well it would have some effect....
(Original post by The Financier)
I'm not going to dignify this with a response.
I'd also look up research into the immortal jellyfish.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Dodgy physics aside I think its a bit easier to avoid taxes than death.
I repudiate the claim that it's dodgy, although that aside what you say is undoubtedly true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I recall when i was 17 and started having success with women and working i changed my style to a very smart-casual (shirts and skinny ties with jeans, blazer and shirt, shirt and jumper ect..) and actually had random people coming up to me and complementing my dress sense. I think it certainly contributed to the idea that i was a bit posh for the random person. This made more sense when i ventured into the style section of TSR, the women all wet themselves over men that look smart rather than ordinary.

Aye, strong opinions.

Yes. Indeed i'd go as far saying that many people are envious and dissuade ambition (it's arrogant to think you can do well apparently).
No one dissuades ambition. There is a difference over what 'ambition means'.My ambition is to have a better society, better public services , better healthcare and no poverty.
I take it your ambition is to pay less tax and buy a new car

Societal ambition is no less valid than personal financial ambition.
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Arguably death isn't certain.
Can you can tell me who has lived forever? Can you introduce me to someone who has?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
x
Welcome to the land of more than "hur due hur urrr wrung" (just about in some cases)

Posted from TSR Mobile
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Welcome to the land of more than "hur due hur urrr wrung" (just about in some cases)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think on issues such as religion and faith, we'd have similar opinions.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
I think on issues such as religion and faith, we'd have similar opinions.
I was thinking more that that tends to be what things degenerate quite quickly to in D&CA as a whole

To hell with that, the internet as a whole

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tahret
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Are you a jellyfish?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
And that branch has an infinite amount of branches branching off of it. Well it would have some effect....

Not on our universe given that the theory maintains then to be distinct branches. Of course, in the end, we may have an immortal on our branch, but it is highly improbable.

And the immortal jellyfish isn't totally immortal, it will still inevitably die.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Kappa"?

And you i still didn't undertsand what you were talking about in our last discussion lol.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not on our universe given that the theory maintains then to be distinct branches. Of course, in the end, we may have an immortal on our branch, but it is highly improbable.

And the immortal jellyfish isn't totally immortal, it will still inevitably die.

Posted from TSR Mobile
we are talking about the application of quantum multi-presence and not string theory right?

But not of old age, just via predation.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
"Kappa"?

And you i still didn't undertsand what you were talking about in our last discussion lol.
You clearly don't watch enough twitch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
we are talking about the application of quantum multi-presence and not string theory right?

But not of old age, just via predation.
And I still come back to my original point of their death being inevitable under all theories for the "end" of the universe, from the big crunch the heat death (despite being a rather ironic name)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And I still come back to my original point of their death being inevitable under all theories for the "end" of the universe, from the big crunch the heat death (despite being a rather ironic name)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Or there could be new particles/forced which we discover with can control the universe,
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I repudiate the claim that it's dodgy, although that aside what you say is undoubtedly true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The application here is extremely dodgy and demonstrably irrelevant. The existence of a universe where everyone is immortal doesn't mean death isn't inevitable. It means death isn't inevitable in that universe (one we're no it anyway). Our deaths, in this one, is. And death itself's existence is inevitable, as it occurs in our universe.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads