Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand why people seem to always jump on the back of Ozil. Yes he didnt have a great game but he showed his class by netting the goal which helped Germany into the quarters. Ozil wasnt the worst player on the pitch, it was arguably Gotze, i barely noticed him on the pitch tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    BFG had a bit of a row with ZDF tonight, what a legend :laugh:

What was the row about ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    What was the row about ?
    Interviewer: It should be clear that you (german team) have to improve
    Per: What do you want from me? So short after the game? I don't understand it
    Interviewer: I just wanted to ask why the defense looked so shaky
    Per: Do you believe it's a circus act in the round of 16 or what? They made it hard for us over 120 minutes and we won. It was an up and down but still you have to keep the 0 and we won in the end. Let's wait 3 days and analyse the game.
    Interviewer: Do you hope for a wow effect like in 2010?
    Per: What do you want? Do you want us to get knocked out again playing fancy football? I don't understand the whole questions, we advanced and are happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Almasy)
    What was the row about ?
    The interviewer keeps asking about the poor performance in a disrespectful way and Per asks him if he thinks Algeria are a joke team basically and whether he'd prefer if they played beautifully but lost. Said it was an exhausting game and that the interviewer should be celebrating being in the QF instead, and that they deserved the win in the end anyway

Finishes off with ''ist mir Wurst'' =''I couldnt give a toss what you think'' :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Interviewer: It should be clear that you (german team) have to improve
    Per: What do you want from me? So short after the game? I don't understand it
    Interviewer: I just wanted to ask why the defense looked so shaky
    Per: Do you believe it's a circus act in the round of 16 or what? They made it hard for us over 120 minutes and we won. It was an up and down but still you have to keep the 0 and we won in the end. Let's wait 3 days and analyse the game.
    Interviewer: Do you hope for a wow effect like in 2010?
    Per: What do you want? Do you want us to get knocked out again playing fancy football? I don't understand the whole questions, we advanced and are happy.
    Sounds like he started getting angry for no reason. They do have to improve if they want to win the tournament. Players are often asked/told that after a game and don't take it so badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Sounds like he started getting angry for no reason. They do have to improve if they want to win the tournament. Players are often asked/told that after a game and don't take it so badly.
    The tone was disrespectful, Per was standing there sweating minutes after winning a crucial game and the first question is demanding why they played so poorly, as if Algeria were a 'circus team' that you should beat 8-0. The public reaction has been overwhelmingly in support of his answers anyway

Of course they have to improve, Per alluded to as much but he meant that there was a time and a place for such questions. Journalists often take the piss like that.

ReputationRep:
    Germany have been terrible this whole tournament and are boring to watch.

Just saw the stats and saw 70% possession to Germany, I sense pep ball came into play. **** life.

Will watch the game though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    That wasn't the whole interview. He first said that for the moment, all that mattered to him was going through. The reporter laughed at that in his next question ("well surely this can't be the level you wanted to play to get to the quarters"), I think he got annoyed at that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Germany have been terrible this whole tournament and are boring to watch.

Just saw the stats and saw 70% possession to Germany, I sense pep ball came into play. **** life.

Will watch the game though.

Nah not really pep ball tbh

ReputationRep:
    Giroud - Mertesacker battle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Giroud - Mertesacker battle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mertesacker to win the battle.

ReputationRep:
    Today's Giroud performance was typical of what we Arsenal fans have come to know. We must be ruthless in buying a top quality striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Today's Giroud performance was typical of what we Arsenal fans have come to know. We must be ruthless in buying a top quality striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tell that to grandaddy Wenger.
    I hope he won't just rely on Joel Campbell, we must bring in a striker of even higher quality.
    It's the official start of the transfer window, let's pray some deals are done.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be awesome. Giroud and Koscielny v Mertesacker and Ozil
    Don't think Giroud will start for France though, will be supporting Germany anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I hope he won't just rely on Joel Campbell, we must bring in a striker of even higher quality.
    Giroud, Campbell and Sanogo is fine - after all, we wouldn't want to harm Sanogo's potential.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for a load of interesting confirmations today

Transfer window + World Cup
    How lucky we are!

ReputationRep:
    Please let's not wait until the end of August! I have a sneaky feeling it may just.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    DIS BE OUR AWAY KIT? MAN IS HAPPY

https://twitter.com/pumafootball/sta...643136/photo/1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    DIS BE OUR AWAY KIT? MAN IS HAPPY

https://twitter.com/pumafootball/sta...643136/photo/1
    No. The kit is being launched on the 10th so Puma aren't revelling it fully. The clue is the colour behind the players ffs.

Everyday, I hate our fanbase a little bit more because of stupidity like that, you weren't the only one smh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Please let's not wait until the end of August! I have a sneaky feeling it may just.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This summer has 2011/12 written all over it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.