Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Yes, I am anticipating a standing offer and how it will buy me some time to 'think' about how to move forward.
    Tom. Just to say good luck man. Two of my housemates have interviews this week, one at E&Y, another at Deloitte. Seems to be interview season.

You applied for Audit?

ReputationRep:
    finally finished christmas shopping

119 presents.. crazy number..

Glad to get it done, as maybe I can watch the football this weekend now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Tom. Just to say good luck man. Two of my housemates have interviews this week, one at E&Y, another at Deloitte. Seems to be interview season.

You applied for Audit?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3029149

Yeah, going for Audit. Will write more of my thoughts in a moment.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, if it is a job that does not lead anywhere which interests me, then my motivation for it is very low. That is what I basically say in my thread in relation to the law job I am having an interview for. A Big Four/Bulge Bracket graduate scheme is very important to me.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, if it is a job that does not lead anywhere which interests me, then my motivation for it is very low. That is what I basically say in my thread in relation to the law job I am having an interview for. A Big Four/Bulge Bracket graduate scheme is very important to me.
    I've replied on your thread.

Basically take it for now and wait a year if you have to, a lower paid job is better than no job. Also stepping stones as well.

ReputationRep:
    Just had a night out with my granddad man, what an absolute ****ing legend. 84 years old and matched me pint for pint and also said to a bunch of German tourists on a stag do who were wearing pirate fancy dress, in flawless German, ''when I was a lad krauts used to wear camouflage combat gear and carry lugers, these days you can barely stand up but I bet you can still run back to Germany at the same speed'' :laugh:

Driving him back to London tomorrow to spend Xmas with the famalam, unreal guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I've replied on your thread.

Basically take it for now and wait a year if you have to, a lower paid job is better than no job. Also stepping stones as well.

Thanks Jambo, I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Just had a night out with my granddad man, what an absolute ****ing legend. 84 years old and matched me pint for pint and also said to a bunch of German tourists on a stag do who were wearing pirate fancy dress, in flawless German, ''when I was a lad krauts used to wear camouflage combat gear and carry lugers, these days you can barely stand up but I bet you can still run back to Germany at the same speed'' :laugh:

Driving him back to London tomorrow to spend Xmas with the famalam, unreal guy
    Loool that's jokes.

Guy hates Germans cos of the war right init? Your granddad sounds like a boss.

ReputationRep:
    For some reason I imagine Grandpa Zurich and Zurich to be like Thomas Muller Snr and Thomas Muller Jr, speaking some hideously Bavarian German (basically the equivalent of Zurich cockney English). Ironically, they are both Dutch...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Loool that's jokes.

Guy hates Germans cos of the war right init? Your granddad sounds like a boss.
    Oh he really hates Germans man, he himself never really came to any harm during the war but he saw enough to leave an impression. He himself says he's less bitter than he was, but in the 1970s he ran a little bar in Amsterdam where he flat refused to serve German tourists. Just told them to get the **** out. He went to Munich to see Ajax win once and he says that was the happiest night of his life. Him and his mates just singing in Dutch in the middle of Bavaria, some kind of pay back I guess

Like when I was Munich months back, I'd be chatting to him on the phone and he'd be like ''you see how these pigs eat, no fish in their diet, just pork. Absolute savages'' or would say in semi-seriousness never to talk back to a German police officer. Or I'd be like ''Nice beer in Munich man'' and he'd just say ''Amstel is better and you know it'' :laugh:

I often have a laugh with him though, say I'm going to marry a German girl and have a little boy called Jurgen who supports Bayern Munich and comes to Amsterdam as a tourist asking for directions :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Considering starting a Qua call out/beef thread.

Possible angles:
    -ferociously anti-Barca with possible Franco/Real Madrid allusions
    -Anti Messi with drug use allegations
    -Pro Ronaldo with nice guy allegations
    -Ferociously pro-Bayern with extended rants about their benefit to the Bundesliga
    -She's from nordrhein-westfalen IIRC and Ive been there so possible rant against the area and people generally?
    -Anti-LGBT assuming she's a lesbian

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously the best band of all time is The Clash, that is clear.

Given a top2 in the world I'll have the Libertines as top2 UK bands

And lets be honest UK>World

ReputationRep:
    Libertines are cool man

Serious question, where can I buy a jacket like that, like a proper British army coat? Anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    So the kid claiming he made $72 million trading stocks/ futures:

Observer: What was your first contact with the New York magazine reporter?

Mohammed Islam: My friend’s father worked at New York magazine and he had the reporter contact me. Then she [Jessica Pressler] called me.

You seem to be quoted saying “eight figures.” That’s not true, is it?

No, it is not true.

Is there ANY figure? Have you invested and made returns at all?

No.

So it’s total fiction?

Yes.

Are you interested in investing? How did you get this reputation?

I run an investment club at Stuy High which does only simulated trades.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just been re-reading and absolutely scandalous how they handled 'Gandalf the White' at the Fellowship. In the film for a start the balrog was monstrous whereas in the book he is clearly described as someone 'beyond your power' but really someone Gandalf needs to confront. The entire point of the Hobbit was actually Gandalf getting rid of Smuag for example

ReputationRep:
    A Big Four/Bulge Bracket graduate scheme is very important to me.
    I know what you mean man, its the status that comes with it that is big. Like telling people in a bar you work for them, I can see the appeal. I'm desperately trying to get on a government/business grad scheme at this time. Someone I know got on the Slaughter and May grad scheme, the status is unreal.

Obviously the best band of all time is The Clash, that is clear.

And lets be honest UK>World
    The Beatles, Led Zep and the Smiths are better than the Clash. I thought they had a few good songs but I was never that into them. The Jam are another one. Dire Straits as well. I also prefer Arctics and Oasis. There are others that are more cheesy that I like but I won't mention (Fleetwood Mac).

I think if i could be in any band ever it would be the Beatles, particularly early Beatles, before they went all hippie and pretentious, although that would be fun in a different way.

Considering starting a Qua call out/beef thread.
    You could argue that it is wrong for a girl to know so much about football? :eek:

Joking Feminists...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    I

The Beatles, Led Zep and the Smiths are better than the Clash. I thought they had a few good songs but I was never that into them. The Jam are another one. Dire Straits as well. I also prefer Arctics and Oasis. There are others that are more cheesy that I like but I won't mention (Fleetwood Mac).

I think if i could be in any band ever it would be the Beatles, particularly early Beatles, before they went all hippie and pretentious, although that would be fun in a different way.

This is boring man,

Need the Libertines or the Clash to set sire to something midway through a gig

ReputationRep:
    Calling IceJJFish(II) out

If there ever was such a thing as a Londond scarecrow then youll get pecked

Snide, 2 faced man you are as well IceJJFish(II)

Youve never added a single comment which maked me laugh, think or pray. You just recycle

ReputationRep:
    ^ What's worse is that he won't meet up with me even though our courses are literally a floor apart at uni.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.