Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    Initial reports suggest that the attacks have actually come from a far-right extremist rather than being religiously motivated.
    A witness who will only be identified as Lauretta told CNN her son was in a bathroom with a shooter at the McDonald's. "That's where he loaded his weapon," she said. "I hear like an alarm and boom, boom, boom... And he's still killing the children. The children were sitting to eat. They can't run." Lauretta said she heard the gunman say, "Allahu Akbar," or God is great. "I know this because I'm Muslim. I hear this and I only cry."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/22/eu...ing/index.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Which will likely still ultimately be religiously motivated, or more accurately because Merkel was an idiot last summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can't possibly look to blame Muslims for the actions of a far-right terrorist who wishes they didn't exist, if that is indeed what has happened here. It's not religiously motivated in the sense that it was done because someone believes a deity would be pleased: if anything, it's an attack against religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    A witness who will only be identified as Lauretta told CNN her son was in a bathroom with a shooter at the McDonald's. "That's where he loaded his weapon," she said. "I hear like an alarm and boom, boom, boom... And he's still killing the children. The children were sitting to eat. They can't run." Lauretta said she heard the gunman say, "Allahu Akbar," or God is great. "I know this because I'm Muslim. I hear this and I only cry."

Witness: Attacker yelled anti-foreigner slur

Witness Luan Zequiri said he was at the scene when the shooting broke out. He tells the Germany broadcaster n-tv that he heard the attacker yell an anti-foreigner slur.

He says he saw only one attacker, who was wearing boots and a backpack.

He says he looked in the direction of the attacker, who shot two people on the stairs. He hid in a shop, then ran outside when the coast was clear and saw bodies of the dead and wounded on the ground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-36870986

So conflicting reports then. We'll have to wait and see. It goes without saying that the attack is an awful atrocity either way.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    You can't possibly look to blame Muslims for the actions of a far-right terrorist who wishes they didn't exist, if that is indeed what has happened here. It's not religiously motivated in the sense that it was done because someone believes a deity would be pleased: if anything, it's an attack against religion.
    I'm blaming the idiot Merkel, not the migrants

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)

Tbh, only an idiot doesn't know that means hod is great or equivalent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A nice cup of tea is a good way to start the day. Good job the bar still provides it. Good morning all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Tbh, only an idiot doesn't know that means hod is great or equivalent
    The translation isn't part of the quote so I think she meant to say she was absolutely sure she had heard him say that and not something else.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Heard another good joke on Daily Politics.

Ed Balls is releasing his memoirs in time for the Labour conference. What's the title.. Putting the boot in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Heard another good joke on Daily Politics.

Ed Balls is releasing his memoirs in time for the Labour conference. What's the title.. Putting the boot in.

He is chairman of his favourite football team and they have been relegated- not putting the boot in enough on the field it seems.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Where are people in here on the whole Bond vs Bourne vote. I was geared up mostly for Startrek (will watch on Monday) this summer until i saw the trailer for Bourne which looks brilliant.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Where are people in here on the whole Bond vs Bourne vote. I was geared up mostly for Startrek (will watch on Monday) this summer until i saw the trailer for Bourne which looks brilliant.
    Bourne. I feel as each new Bond film is realised the franchise loses its zing a bit, I don't think you particularly get that with Bourne films. Regardless, still all brilliant film franchises.

ReputationRep:
    Bond is ****. Bourne is slightly more ****.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Bourne. I feel as each new Bond film is realised the franchise loses its zing a bit, I don't think you particularly get that with Bourne films. Regardless, still all brilliant film franchises.
    Id agree about Bond although I never particularly liked the Bourne films.

Bond doesn't feel like the older ones do, I think a prequel that captures the class and suaveness (is that a word?) of the Moore/Connery era would be far more worthwhile than carrying on in the same vein.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Bond ftw.

Hope to get round to seeing Star Trek Beyond though.

ReputationRep:
    Bond
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Whilst I'm home alone for the next couple of weeks, I'm trying out different, cheaper meats to the standard. So, having burgers tonight, and gone for veal burger rather than beef. Also got turkey mince for my spag bol in a few days rather than beef mince. Tried a beef sausage yesterday rather than pork, and can't say I'll be buying those again.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Okey dokey, they were not nice. Not quite sure why to be honest, because I do like veal normally... maybe it's actually all horse meat.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Whilst I'm home alone for the next couple of weeks, I'm trying out different, cheaper meats to the standard. So, having burgers tonight, and gone for veal burger rather than beef. Also got turkey mince for my spag bol in a few days rather than beef mince. Tried a beef sausage yesterday rather than pork, and can't say I'll be buying those again.
    As far as cheap meat goes, I usually just pick up a pork shoulder joint from aldi for two or three quid and that usually lasts me about four days.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I would be wary of turkey mince, it has a nasty habit of making things very watery.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Okey dokey, they were not nice. Not quite sure why to be honest, because I do like veal normally... maybe it's actually all horse meat.. :confused:
    What percentage of it is/was veal? It may be cheaper as it's little meat and more unknown substances.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.