Announcements

ReputationRep:

Decent enough strike, I suppose.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    x
    A goal like in a book. A true bull's eye. The goalkeeper has no chance. And the ball has not been deflected! thumps up by myself!

ReputationRep:
    Just a reminder that Bundesliga highlights are on ITV4 at 10 tonight. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Szabolcs Huszti looks like a great little player. Very technically gifted. Hannover look dangerous going forward with him in their ranks.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

ReputationRep:
    ^ Agreed. Pity he got sent off in that game, though. Its very close at the top of the Bundesliga.

Looking forward to watching Draxler develop.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was, strange one though. I can't remember ever seeing a double offence for two yellows like that before! :beard:

Talking of great goals, I liked Kroos', Javi Martinez did well in the build up too.

Bundesliga is so exciting. Below the top two, you've got 7, maybe 8 sides that would fancy a run at the top 4.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad

ReputationRep:
    Match thread for Real Madrid vs Man City tonight. All discussion in there, cheers.

The fight for second place in Group C looks really intriguing - Zenit, Malaga and Anderlecht all look like they have a chance. That's not to say Milan have the group wrapped up, of course, but they do seem likely to be one of the qualifiers. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    The fight for second place in Group C looks really intriguing - Zenit, Malaga and Anderlecht all look like they have a chance. That's not to say Milan have the group wrapped up, of course, but they do seem likely to be one of the qualifiers. :beard:
    I think Milan could struggle to get out of the group.

Ibra and Silva have already scored for PSG in the CL.

(Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
    I think Milan could struggle to get out of the group.

Ibra and Silva have already scored for PSG in the CL.
    Purely from the stats, it looks like Anderlecht are doing rather well (more possession and attempts on goal). :beard: 3-0 to PSG so far!

Still 0-0 in the Dortmund-Ajax game. Interesting that Dortmund have had far more chances but only 45% of the possession.

ReputationRep:
    Milan might struggle to get out of the group, drew their easiest game on paper. Anderlecht at home, Malaga and Zenith will give them a much bigger stretch.
    I think Malaga will easily top their group.

The City Real game was very interesting. City one of the best defences in the EPL was absolutely shambolic against a Madrid that's been through a very rough patch. Then again City played away without their best player. The return fixture should be interesting.

Anyhow, the real games start tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    AC Milan are ****e man, cocked up my accumulator. Useless absolutely bloody useless ****houses. :fuhrer:

Fuming.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my... :teehee:

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    Zlatan really loves himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aa22)
    Not a bad performance, should have scored more in the first half and I think it was a game to forget for Jackson. Not sure what he was thinking with the open goal chance but it was just a poor performance all round for him. We made it difficult for ourselves in the 2nd. Particularly impressed with Atsu and how much of an impact he made when he came on though.

But anyway, we got the 3 points and as for Lucho... his first game as our “official” captain, found out hours before the match his father passed away, still wanted to play, played a great game AND scored. The way he has come back and just slotted right in is unreal, it really is like he never left us in the first place. I didn’t think I’d find a Porto player who I would like as much as I did with Vitor Baia, but this guy is seriously up there.

Your turn tomorrow and the chance to see life after both Witsel and Javi... hopefully Nolito grabs a goal. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    AC Milan are ****e man, cocked up my accumulator. Useless absolutely bloody useless ****houses. :fuhrer:

Fuming.
    Crazing backing Milan at 1/2 tbh, you only have yourself to blame. Not sure if I'd have even stuck them in mine at even money.

Milan are a shambles atm. San Siro looked half empty. Just checked, attendance was 27,000. Compare that to the 67k that watched Plzen in the first group game of last season. Worrying times.

ReputationRep:
    Only 20k showed up at the San Siro tonight. Hard times....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Not a bad performance, should have scored more in the first half and I think it was a game to forget for Jackson. Not sure what he was thinking with the open goal chance but it was just a poor performance all round for him. We made it difficult for ourselves in the 2nd. Particularly impressed with Atsu and how much of an impact he made when he came on though.

But anyway, we got the 3 points and as for Lucho... his first game as our “official” captain, found out hours before the match his father passed away, still wanted to play, played a great game AND scored. The way he has come back and just slotted right in is unreal, it really is like he never left us in the first place. I didn’t think I’d find a Porto player who I would like as much as I did with Vitor Baia, but this guy is seriously up there.

Your turn tomorrow and the chance to see life after both Witsel and Javi... hopefully Nolito grabs a goal. :rolleyes:
    A win is a win, and those 3 points is all that counts at the moment.. glad that Porto got the win in the end. Helps out Portugal as well! Didn't watch the match properly though.. I had the Real-City match on the TV and the Porto match on a stream on my laptop, lol. Saw some quick highlights of the match though.

Always sad to hear about the death of someone, so I feel for Lucho, but I am glad he was able to give a good performance in honour of his father.

It is definitely our turn to do something tomorrow.. no Luisao either now, and without Javi and Witsel, our spine is pretty much gone. Gonna be tough..

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the match though :/ Going to Stamford Bridge! Gonna have to catch a repeat of the match hopefully on BenficaTV...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Crazing backing Milan at 1/2 tbh, you only have yourself to blame. Not sure if I'd have even stuck them in mine at even money.

Milan are a shambles atm. San Siro looked half empty. Just checked, attendance was 27,000. Compare that to the 67k that watched Plzen in the first group game of last season. Worrying times.
    Milan at home to Anderlecht. :facepalm2:

It is unforgivable they couldn't even beat them
    Should have been a routine win.

Only lost a quid though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Milan at home to Anderlecht. :facepalm2:

It is unforgivable they couldn't even beat them
    Should have been a routine win.

Only lost a quid though.
    Football isn't played on paper. Milan are shocking atm, just pointing out that the risk wasn't justified by the odds.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.