Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)
    What happens if we lose tonight?
    Match is tomorrow and even if we lose there's always the return leg at the Emirates.

Optimism ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJG21)
    I'm a West Brom fan, and I think Arteta is a much better player than Sandro. Arteta is excellent.
    Never understood why people feel the need to put this infront of every football opinion.

Its like saying "I'm a Christian but I believe in evolution"

This is coming from a Brentford FC fan.

See what I did there?

ReputationRep:
    The spuds are building themselves a quality squad ffs. I can't believe we're letting a player like Willian get snapped up by them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Spurs are in for Lamela instead of Willian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nwakaeme)
    Never understood why people feel the need to put this infront of every football opinion.

See what I did there?
    It's purely because the statement I was quoting was talking about non-Arsenal fans, so I was merely showing my unbiased opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nwakaeme)

See what I did there?
    :laugh: lol

ReputationRep:
    I think the problem we could run Into is that the players could start o loose respect for wenger, which could be fatal. He's constantly putting the players in deep water, constantly under pressure by never improving the squad, and now it's finally started to back fire on him and not the players I think this could happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh wenger.....
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    I've never understood why wenger would bid 40 mil for Suarez but sell a better striker for 24 mil
    Not even gonna bother answering this :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    I've never understood why wenger would bid 40 mil for Suarez but sell a better striker for 24 mil
    Maybe because he had one year left?....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most players would pick Arsenal over Spurs. If Arsenal had bid for Soldado and Paulinho, I'm sure they would've picked Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reyjusuf)
    Most players would pick Arsenal over Spurs. If Arsenal had bid for Soldado and Paulinho, I'm sure they would've picked Arsenal.
    the problem is that if arsenal did bid on the same player as spurs, it would go like:

Spurs: we will give you 10m!

Arsenal: we will give you 10m + CL football! (+ your player wants to leave)

Selling club: we want 20m for this player...

Spurs: ok, we really want the player.. we will pay your 20m!

Arsenal: 12m, final offer. its what the players worth. (+ hes a childhood arsenal fan...)

---

Its the story of this summer.. arsene will only play what HE views to be the value of the player.. which unfortunatly seems to be a few years behind what the market is willing to pay

(edit. I have no doubt the individual players would prefer arsenal.. nothing to do with the clubs, simply because CL football is a desire for all top players..)

ReputationRep:
    Whenever the next manager arrives, he'll feel like he's inherited a fortune from an old uncle Arsene or something. Our cash reserves will be at 250m by this time next year at this rate.

ReputationRep:
    basically your days are over. you will spiral down at which point you will be relegated and play in the championship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bsp123)
    basically your days are over. you will spiral down at which point you will be relegated and play in the championship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bsp123)
    We should be in League 2 by now if you'd believed the pundits ever single year. Notice Liverpool escape media hammerings even though theyve been rotting in midtable for 4 years whereas media darling Spurs havent finished above us since I was wearing a bib. Arsenal get crucified as unclassy for lowballing for Suarez whilst Rodgers is the ephimay of unprofessional and Utd/Moyes bidding low for his ex-players is seen as acceptable. Chelsea bid for Rooney and publicl unsettle him shortly before they play and its just Jose being the Special One but Wenger bidding for Cabaye is a disgrace? There's also been about 6 ''Arsenal arent a big club'' threads in the last month.

Why does everyone hate Arsenal and relish us struggling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reyjusuf)
    Im pretty sure Sandro was a big reason for Paulinho joining Tottenham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    We should be in League 2 by now if you'd believed the pundits ever single year. Notice Liverpool escape media hammerings even though theyve been rotting in midtable for 4 years whereas media darling Spurs havent finished above us since I was wearing a bib. Arsenal get crucified as unclassy for lowballing for Suarez whilst Rodgers is the ephimay of unprofessional and Utd/Moyes bidding low for his ex-players is seen as acceptable. There's also been about 6 ''Arsenal arent a big club'' threads in the last month.

We don't need the media to remind us of our midtable mediocrity. We get it from all other fans and are reminded of it when we consistently miss out on players to other clubs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    We should be in League 2 by now if you'd believed the pundits ever single year. Notice Liverpool escape media hammerings even though theyve been rotting in midtable for 4 years whereas media darling Spurs havent finished above us since I was wearing a bib. Arsenal get crucified as unclassy for lowballing for Suarez whilst Rodgers is the ephimay of unprofessional and Utd/Moyes bidding low for his ex-players is seen as acceptable. Chelsea bid for Rooney and publicl unsettle him shortly before they play and its just Jose being the Special One but Wenger bidding for Cabaye is a disgrace? There's also been about 6 ''Arsenal arent a big club'' threads in the last month.

It's funny because traditionally Arsenal has been the favoured club of neutrals. Notice how it's generally only our rival fans who **** us off? Certainly United, Liverpool and Chelsea tend to be more hated by lower league clubs.

The media hates Wenger too. Year after year he proves them wrong and yet they still annually crawl out of their caves to put him down. It's bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    It's funny because traditionally Arsenal has been the favoured club of neutrals. Notice how it's generally only our rival fans who **** us off? Certainly United, Liverpool and Chelsea tend to be more hated by lower league clubs.

The media hates Wenger too. Year after year he proves them wrong and yet they still annually crawl out of their caves to put him down. It's bizarre.
    Its a joke tbh. The contempt that Lineker/Shearer show AFC/Wenger every single week is palpable whereas Talksport literally have a dedicated phone in called the DailyArsenal every week to take the piss out of us. The dailymail have about 3 articles a day on us and Phil McNulty at the BBC writes about one feature article a month on how **** we are. You could go on

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.