ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    An angry backbencher does not an argument make
    prsom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    An angry backbencher does not an argument make
    People seem to disagree, if rep is anything to go by. Some of the best speeches ever given in Parliament have been fuelled by indignation, Churchill being a not unfitting example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Just how UKIP won't silence the voice of immigrants:woo:

oh, wait:dots::getmecoat:
    I don't remember any of us trying to silence immigrants.

Nice job on the bigoted comment btw, I expected better from you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    I'd like to remind Nigel to be quiet and get the popcorn, only a twit stops a scandal
    I have been internally reprimanded, but here is the scene from UKIP HQ.

Attached Images
  1. File Type: jpg 259A245200000578-0-image-m-53_1423746076992.jpg (36.6 KB, 42 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    I don't remember any of us trying to silence immigrants.

Nice job on the bigoted comment btw, I expected better from you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No just reduce their numbers.

sorry if it helps it was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment.
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    People seem to disagree, if rep is anything to go by. Some of the best speeches ever given in Parliament have been fuelled by indignation, Churchill being a not unfitting example.
    Disagree about what? All I said is that this isn't an argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green_Pink)
    - You are appointed, rather than elected, so I'd strongly contest that.
    This is not relevant. As I recall you were 'elected' unopposed - and 27% of those who voted supported a RON - but what matters is that official party positions confer the responsibility to be a voice for the party. The chairman's primary function is to act as a check on the behaviour of the leader and deputy leader. To try to constrain this function when it is required is to go against the fundamental principles of democratic process which our party is supposed to hold at its heart.

- MacDaddi has until recently been active, continues to hold a senior Government position, and for all I know is working on this Bill. I saw no need until this recent spate of inactivity to take over this process considering it was his idea and something he had personal enthusiasm for, especially as it makes no difference at what point in the term this is submitted.
    Macdaddi has not recently been 'active'. He has recently signed in on TSR, but has not posted in the House for months. You have been acting leader for months of this inactivity, but have failed so far to act in his stead on this matter.

- I agree. However, NO member of the party has voiced such "concerns" to me. You are free to, but it'd be nice if you could do so privately rather than causing a scene without even attempting to do anything about this first.
    I have exhausted all other avenues. I spoke with you about this very matter about a month ago, as well as members of other parties, but nothing was done. At this stage, as I see it, I am bound to apply public pressure and to make it a matter of public record. Perhaps members of the party do not feel comfortable confronting you on this matter because you shout down any insinuation that your conduct has been less than satisfactory in this area. I have just posted a poll in our forum for party members to anonymously show where they stand here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Disagree about what? All I said is that this isn't an argument.
    How is this not an argument? We are passionately debating two sides of view with recognition of the merits of our cases on both sides.

ReputationRep:
    How is this not an argument? We are passionately debating two sides of view with recognition of the merits of our cases on both sides.
    You just made it an argument :congrats: I'm gonna back away nice and slowly:yep::vroam:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Macdaddi has not recently been 'active'. He has recently signed in on TSR, but has not posted in the House for months. You have been acting leader for months of this inactivity, but have failed so far to act in his stead on this matter.
    If a member has a personal project they are working on (which is by all other accounts what this is/was), just because they happen to be party leader doesn't mean that it is the party deputy leader's job to continue with this project whilst they are inactive.

Frankly, the other Government parties are a bit sick of this infighting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    If a member has a personal project they are working on (which is by all other accounts what this is/was), just because they happen to be party leader doesn't mean that it is the party deputy leader's job to continue with this project whilst they are inactive.

It was not a personal project. It was a responsibility to draw up a referendum bill which was desired by his party and many other members of the House. As the leader of the only party in government that actively wanted this referendum, it fell to him as Liberal leader. An acting leader is passed this responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)

Hear hear!!!

ReputationRep:
    It was not a personal project. It was a responsibility to draw up a referendum bill which was desired by his party and many other members of the House. As the leader of the only party in government that actively wanted this referendum, it fell to him as Liberal leader. An acting leader is passed this responsibility.
    I do feel sorry for you being stuck in an inactive party.

If you ever feel like a change then UKIP is a hive of activity with members on all different parts of the political spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    This boys and girls is why you don't get into a traffic light coalition

ReputationRep:

More pictures from UKIP HQ
    Attached Images
  2. File Type: jpg th.jpg (6.2 KB, 38 views)
  3. File Type: jpg thNN87BLFI.jpg (5.7 KB, 38 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)

There's been infighting before?

(Original post by adam9317)
    This boys and girls is why you don't get into a traffic light coalition
    What do you call a blue, purple and yellow/orange one?

ReputationRep:
    This is not relevant. As I recall you were 'elected' unopposed - and 27% of those who voted supported a RON - but what matters is that official party positions confer the responsibility to be a voice for the party. The chairman's primary function is to act as a check on the behaviour of the leader and deputy leader. To try to constrain this function when it is required is to go against the fundamental principles of democratic process which our party is supposed to hold at its heart.

I have exhausted all other avenues. I spoke with you about this very matter about a month ago, as well as members of other parties, but nothing was done. At this stage, as I see it, I am bound to apply public pressure and to make it a matter of public record. Perhaps members of the party do not feel comfortable confronting you on this matter because you shout down any insinuation that your conduct has been less than satisfactory in this area. I have just posted a poll in our forum for party members to anonymously show where they stand here.
    I suggest you go and read our Constitution, as worryingly you seem to have absolutely no idea about the job you are actually meant to be doing.

MacDaddi has posted more recently than that, as well as voted, and as has been pointed out this Bill was something he was working on as a member and MP rather the Leader.

Please remind me of this "correspondence", as thankfully I keep all messages sent to me and it appears there is none from you on this matter.

I strongly reccomend you refer to my PM and ensure this dialogue is continued away from public eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Whilst I understand the environmentalist stance of the Greens, I don't believe any of the main political parties will be pledging to set alight all of England's trees and greenery when in power.
    cheeky bugger. Captialism will be the end of us all
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Not that I know of, although Birkenhead seems so far removed from the rest of the Government it doesn't surprise me.

A pipe-dream? A bit like the primary-colour coalition I was discussing yesterday.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:

A perfect one.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.