Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why Islam has prohibited Interest: https://msmsoton.files.wordpress.com...o-interest.pdf

interesting read

-To charge interest from someone who is constrained to borrow to meet his essential consumption requirement is considered an exploitative practice in Islam.
    -Charging ofinterest on loans taken for productive purposes is also prohibited because it is not an equitable form of transaction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    I really don't understand tbh no joke
    You go on about sectarianism and then go on about Assad. Seriously, I don't agree and neither believe what you're saying.
    Half of the posts you've made to fellow users just shows you really don't know how to back-up your statements.
    On a slight note, maybe you should stop jumping to irrational conclusions
    In fact it's very true that you are particularly interested in Iran and have too much to say about it.

---

Can I say one other thing - There is no need for this, why do you have to talk about this? You're not present there or whatever else, you don't have any connections. It's this reason I really dislike about people. Stop trying to think you know everything. You seriously don't, instead of writing on this forum, go do something else better than wasting your time.
    Ok sister maryam

Calm down. I dont like seeing disunity between us all. At the end of the day we are all under the umbrella of islam. Lets forget our differences :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aslamualaykum brothers and sisters. I'm starting uni this September at Cumbria and i'm having difficulty finding the islamic society for the uni. I'm also finding it hard to find muslim male student who would be willing to invite me to their accommodation.

Can someone please give me the advice on how i should go about this issue. Jazakallah khair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no pain no gain)
    Ok sister maryam

Calm down. I dont like seeing disunity between us all. At the end of the day we are all under the umbrella of islam. Lets forget our differences :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am calm Quantum

I'm just speaking the truth. Prepared for exams? How's it going?

ReputationRep:
    Peace be with you,

To respect the rules of this thread i won't respond. I refer everything to Allah swt and if i am in the wrong ask him to guid me, and if you are in the wrong ask him to allow me or anyone else, or even your self to be guided.

One thing i will always affirm though is i know little of what there is to know. My life i pray to Allah swt should be to seek knowledge, learn from others, always challenge my own view points and have the guts to say i'm wrong when i am.

I am questionable to Allah swt for all i write, and all i do. Everything i do i check, i research and i evidence. If i don't, i know i won't be able to sleep at night, because what i write i believe in, and i fear Allah swt.

ReputationRep:
    Kitab Al Kafi - Forgiveness

1791–1. ‘Alī ibn Ibrãhīm (–) his father (–) Ibn Abī ‘Umayr (–) ‘Abdullãh ibn Sinãn that Abū ‘Abdillãh (‘a.s.) said:

"The Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said, in one of his sermons: 'May I inform you of the best natural disposition of (this) world and the Hereafter?: i) To foregive whoever wronged you; ii) to establish relation with the one who has cut off relation with you; iii) to do good to someone who has done evil to you; and iv) to grant someone (a favour) who has deprived you.' "
    Hasan like Saheeh - Graded by Alama Majlisi

ReputationRep:
    I am calm Quantum

I'm just speaking the truth. Prepared for exams? How's it going?
    Alhamdulillah, i am on top of most of my work even though i spend too much time on tsr

C1/c2 i am pretty much ready :yes:

C3 i just need a bit more practice but i have more than a month for that exam

Chemistry going mostly good

Biology got a fair bit of work to do :sigh:

How are things for you sister. and are you going queen mary. I might see you there :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Peace be with you,

To respect the rules of this thread i won't respond. I refer everything to Allah swt and if i am in the wrong ask him to guid me, and if you are in the wrong ask him to allow me or anyone else, or even your self to be guided.

One thing i will always affirm though is i know little of what there is to know. My life i pray to Allah swt should be to seek knowledge, learn from others, always challenge my own view points and have the guts to say i'm wrong when i am.
    Peace be with you too

May Allah guide you

Good for you

ReputationRep:
    Alhamdulillah, i am on top of most of my work even though i spend too much time on tsr

C1/c2 i am pretty much ready :yes:

Well done - you should be able to ace this because of C3 and C4

C3 i just need a bit more practice but i have more than a month for that exam

Do at least a paper for the core exams you have everyday - so 4 in total. You can do it

Chemistry going mostly good

Biology got a fair bit of work to do :sigh:

Same here - biology is one I'm focusing least on, I should really spend a lot of time on it but I've still got enough time

How are things for you sister. and are you going queen mary. I might see you there :mmm:

Alhamdulillah okay. Nah I'm not going there, that just my insurance
    I know the truth

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look above ^

ReputationRep:
    erm why is everyone so angry lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyoti)
    erm why is everyone so angry lol
    Are you angry?

ReputationRep:
    Are you angry?
    nah but you clearly are. relax

ReputationRep:
    Look above ^
    Thank you for you words of encouragement, sister maryam :yes:

Yep, after doing c3/c4, c1 and c2 become a lot more easier. I will just keep on practicing until my exam days :yy:

I find it hard to put time into biology. There is just tooo much detail and information. It is so chunky and sometimes boring :sigh:
    But i will soldier through it insha'allah. And so will you :yes:

Aah, that is sad... Qm isnt your firm...So you have been deceiving me all along :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for you words of encouragement, sister maryam :yes:

Yep, after doing c3/c4, c1 and c2 become a lot more easier. I will just keep on practicing until my exam days :yy:

I find it hard to put time into biology. There is just tooo much detail and information. It is so chunky and sometimes boring :sigh:
    But i will soldier through it insha'allah. And so will you :yes:

Aah, that is sad... Qm isnt your firm...So you have been deceiving me all along :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Insha'Allah

No, I hardly have spoken to you about it

ReputationRep:
    'And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided.'
    (Quran, al-Imran 3:103)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kromium)
    Aslamualaykum brothers and sisters. I'm starting uni this September at Cumbria and i'm having difficulty finding the islamic society for the uni. I'm also finding it hard to find muslim male student who would be willing to invite me to their accommodation.

Can someone please give me the advice on how i should go about this issue. Jazakallah khair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Walaykum asalaam

I don't think any one from here goes to a uni in Cumbria I might be wrong

You could go on their website and call if possible.

ReputationRep:
    Insha'Allah

No, I hardly have spoken to you about it
    Ok, but it just feels like you have betrayed me, jameel, wahid, iqbal and hanwar :hmmm:

Why did you turn your back to queen mary

Did you not like the area or something

Do you bunk school so you have more time to study at home. I bunked like my last whole month at college last year and studied at home :smug:

College was wasting my time and so i took my initiative and bunked it
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just

Sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

“Whoever has (the following) four characteristics will be a pure hypocrite: If he speaks, he tells a lie; if he gives a promise, he breaks it; if he makes a covenant he proves treacherous; and if he quarrels, he behaves in a very imprudent, evil, insulting manner (unjust). And whoever has one of these characteristics, has one characteristic of a hypocrite unless he gives it up.”

[Sahih Bukhari]

ReputationRep:
    :yy:

"There are two types of mistakes: those that happen suddenly, and those that you plan for.
    A young sahabi confessed to the prophet (saw) that he was caught up in temptation and kissed a girl. The prophet (saw) didn't answer and turned his face, and did so repeatedly.

Afterwards, he went to pray. After the prayer, he asked the young man who prayed behind him, "don't good actions replaced bad ones?"
    The youth was delighted and said, "is this for me only, or for everyone?"
    The prophet (saw) replied that it was for everyone.
    Things can happen suddenly, even the worst of sins. In such cases, Allah forgives and good deeds are a great means to encourage this forgiveness.

The other type of sin, though, is the sin that is planned. When you plot and plan for a sin, then this is extremely dirty. If duhr didn't stop you, didn't asr? Didn't maghrib? This is why Allah SWT said that such acts do not coincide with the prayer. One replaces the other, whereas in the first type of mistake, one deletes the other"
    - shaykh Akram Nadwi

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.