Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Whilst I'm home alone for the next couple of weeks, I'm trying out different, cheaper meats to the standard. So, having burgers tonight, and gone for veal burger rather than beef. Also got turkey mince for my spag bol in a few days rather than beef mince. Tried a beef sausage yesterday rather than pork, and can't say I'll be buying those again.
    Where did you get the veal burgers from? It always strikes me as a meat that is somewhat more porky than beefy because it's usually bled.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cBay)
    As far as cheap meat goes, I usually just pick up a pork shoulder joint from aldi for two or three quid and that usually lasts me about four days.
    Yeh, I got a decent sized chicken for tomorrow which was about £3 as well actually, and that'll last me nicely for a sandwich to take into work on Monday as well actually! Maybe even then on Tuesday too xD
    (Original post by thehistorybore)
    I would be wary of turkey mince, it has a nasty habit of making things very watery.
    Yeh, to be honest, I'm just trying a few different things, one for price, and also otherwise, I just stick with the same meats over and over generally... it's nice to try different things, if they work and are nice, then great, and if they **** up the meal, I'll just know not to buy them again...
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    What percentage of it is/was veal? It may be cheaper as it's little meat and more unknown substances.
    It was 87%, and looking at the packaging had some cheese in as well, but yeh, definitely - I got the idea off Buy More for Less haha!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Where did you get the veal burgers from? It always strikes me as a meat that is somewhat more porky than beefy because it's usually bled.
    They were from Tesco - usually I make my own burgers for cost, but saw these, and thought, what the hell... Yeh, not really sure what they tasted like tbh xD But yeh, when I have veal chops, I absolutely love the meat!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Anyone else having lagging issues? It's taking me a good 10 seconds to submit a post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Anyone else having lagging issues? It's taking me a good 10 seconds to submit a post.
    Yep for the last couple days whenever I submit a post it goes to the 'servers are overloaded' page or something like that.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cBay)
    Yep for the last couple days whenever I submit a post it goes to the 'servers are overloaded' page or something like that.
    I'm glad it's not me!!! I was scared it was my device. I'm also nit getting quotes at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'm glad it's not me!!! I was scared it was my device. I'm also nit getting quotes at all
    I'm getting the same problems also so don'ot worry.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I think a lot of people have been having problems recently, me included. It might be due to maintenance on the site. I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    PetrosAC how do you create a page on the wikia?

ReputationRep:
    Life_peer may I ask who was Shadow SoS for Health last term.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone, if you quote or tag me and I don't reply, blame the useless TSR staff. So far I'm missing at least four notification. :dontknow:

(Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I believe it was jamestg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Everyone, if you quote or tag me and I don't reply, blame the useless TSR staff. So far I'm missing at least four notification. :dontknow:

I believe it was jamestg.
    Twas me

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    *I'd be more inclined to support more mandatory breaks, extend some working rights to agency workers too, tie revenue growth to wage growth.
    That seems awfully progressive of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I think a lot of people have been having problems recently, me included. It might be due to maintenance on the site. I'm not sure.
    You may be right. *I don't get problems on other sites such as BBC Cricket, for example.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    I've always said i valued the working poor and their prosperity.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'd be more inclined to support more mandatory breaks, extend some working rights to agency workers too, tie revenue growth to wage growth.
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    My kind of Tory.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I'm actually liking the new wikia. It seems really interesting.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I agree. It should be very interesting when finished. I will create a few pages in the next few days.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    From what I've seen so far it's just a way for people to massage their egos, and those people tend to be the ones on the left that care about their meaningless titles.

There is little info on there, it's set up terribly with most people not even linked, even if they are one of the few that have stroked their ego and made a page.

To say this has been going on for some time it seems just like the MEU

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.