Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
top shout

who is in?

(Original post by AugustWestie)
Unreal Tournament? :awesome: Although it's a bit of a big download for anyone that doesn't have fast internet.
Revision+ Mac :sigh:
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if not many then im going back to reading why does e=mc^2
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
right can someone think of some games we can play in a similar fashion to minecraft or is everyone busy revising?
I'd host minecraft but I'm going to see Fast 5. The Apprentice is on again tonight. :fyi:
hobo06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sunnytomo)
Seriously through did i ever say that they were doing nothing ?? Man they could be all playing on xbox for all i know (thats a joke) However my point is the information they gave us has never been accurate.. firstly they said they went down for Maintenance then after couple days later they then said they have been attacked then they give us a date when they'll be back on (3rd of May to be precise) which never happened. And now the hackers allege that they have over 2.2 million users credit card information including their CCV2 security numbers; Sony says the information is encrypted... Sony built it success with trust now they throwing it back at are faces

If they cant give an exact date as these things do take awhile to fix then why don't they just be honest with us ??? they shouldn't get people hopes up..
You said they've lied about pretty much everything, so that suggests you think they're doing nothing. When it first went down, it was because they had detected an intrusion. At this point they didn't know exactly what had happened or the scope of it, no point in announcing it and worrying millions of people over what could be nothing. The maintenance was partly true. Later that day they said it may be due to an external attack. They then brought in the security experts, and as soon as they knew the scope of the situation, they announced it. Have you not read anything on the blog?
As for 3rd May, that date was thrown around, but never an official date as far as I know (if you can link to a post on the official blog, being the official place for announcements, then I'll gladly stand corrected). The only timescale I recall them giving is that they were aiming to have partial services back up within a week (from the date of that post). Something most likely went wrong in the testing phase (which we were updated on), and then we got another update apologising for the further delays.
The 2.2 million card details I think was from SOE, and were from an old back up. Most of ther card details (if they really were stolen) will be outdated and useless. Sony have never denied that card details were stolen, they have warned people of the possibility from the start.

Sure they could update us a little bit more, but if there's nothing to update on then there's little point. They have to be careful with what they say because of people who will interpret things like 'we are working round the clock to get PSN back online' as 'PSN will, without a shadow of a doubt, be back up by 3rd May, feel free to flame us to hell if we're wrong'.

And why would they play xbox? They're obviously all playing Portal 2 and been stuck on one of the puzzles for the past 2 weeks being the useless chimps people seem to think they are.
kuks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hobo06)
You said they've lied about pretty much everything, so that suggests you think they're doing nothing. When it first went down, it was because they had detected an intrusion. At this point they didn't know exactly what had happened or the scope of it, no point in announcing it and worrying millions of people over what could be nothing. The maintenance was partly true. Later that day they said it may be due to an external attack. They then brought in the security experts, and as soon as they knew the scope of the situation, they announced it. Have you not read anything on the blog?
As for 3rd May, that date was thrown around, but never an official date as far as I know (if you can link to a post on the official blog, being the official place for announcements, then I'll gladly stand corrected). The only timescale I recall them giving is that they were aiming to have partial services back up within a week (from the date of that post). Something most likely went wrong in the testing phase (which we were updated on), and then we got another update apologising for the further delays.
The 2.2 million card details I think was from SOE, and were from an old back up. Most of ther card details (if they really were stolen) will be outdated and useless. Sony have never denied that card details were stolen, they have warned people of the possibility from the start.

Sure they could update us a little bit more, but if there's nothing to update on then there's little point. They have to be careful with what they say because of people who will interpret things like 'we are working round the clock to get PSN back online' as 'PSN will, without a shadow of a doubt, be back up by 3rd May, feel free to flame us to hell if we're wrong'.

And why would they play xbox? They're obviously all playing Portal 2 and been stuck on one of the puzzles for the past 2 weeks being the useless chimps people seem to think they are.
:rofl: If I could rep you I would!
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kuks)
:rofl: If I could rep you I would!
I've been bored this evening waiting for Tropico 3 to finish downloading (thanks to Illusionary questioning about it in the games bargain thread, I decided to look into it)

Now it's finished so off to try it out
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
Deus Ex: Human Revolution PS3 preview: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167462p1.html :coma:

Since you guys have been discussing Minecraft, I'm throwing this non-PS3 related game in here: http://chrome.angrybirds.com/ It's on Chrome. :awesome:
Sunnytomo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Right I'm might be slightly p'ed off in my first post which might get my views twisted but lets get one thing straight Sony isn't lying about everything there lying about the information which was process during the outrage.. Sony is and has always been loyal to its fans and i won't be surprised if they give something back for our patience (which i don't want to see because it could damage them even more) but this had been one of there darkest days and being one of the people who probably stayed with them from the beginning of its span of life this is very painful to hear this miscommunication to its customers..

They then brought in the security experts, and as soon as they knew the scope of the situation, they announced it. Have you not read anything on the blog?
As for 3rd May, that date was thrown around, but never an official date as far as I know (if you can link to a post on the official blog, being the official place for announcements, then I'll gladly stand corrected)

Anyways here's the proof straight from the PSN blog. It was posted April 27th 2011. Which was Wednesday.

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.
Which came the announcement on twitter the date and so on

THE CAKE IS A LIE *(Portal Joke) :rolleyes: just had to say it..
geekay1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Right I'm might be slightly p'ed off in my first post which might get my views twisted but lets get one thing straight Sony isn't lying about everything there lying about the information which was process during the outrage.. Sony is and has always been loyal to its fans and i won't be surprised if they give something back for our patience (which i don't want to see because it could damage them even more) but this had been one of there darkest days and being one of the people who probably stayed with them from the beginning of its span of life this is very painful to hear this miscommunication to its customers..

Anyways here's the proof straight from the PSN blog. It was posted April 27th 2011. Which was Wednesday.

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.
Which came the announcement on twitter the date and so on

THE CAKE IS A LIE *(Portal Joke) :rolleyes: just had to say it..
just my little 2 pence lol.

obviously they found something during testing that showed the network was not secure, would you rather they put it back up and then the same thing happens in a month time ?
ma2k5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by geekay1)

obviously they found something during testing that showed the network was not secure, would you rather they put it back up and then the same thing happens in a month time ?
They would rather they get something secure a hell of a lot faster.
geekay1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ma2k5)
They would rather they get something secure a hell of a lot faster.
i suppose you could do it faster
badger-man
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by spikeymike)
Has yours arrived yet? I know it said 3-5 days but I want now! :p:
Nope
I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the postal system in this country

I've been bored this evening waiting for Tropico 3 to finish downloading (thanks to Illusionary questioning about it in the games bargain thread, I decided to look into it)

Now it's finished so off to try it out
:yy: for Tropico 3. Fantastic game.

On another note, anyone getting L.A. Noire? I've preordered it instead of getting Portal 2 as it just looks so incredible. :excited:
Looks like I'm gonna fail my exams because of this game
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/05/11/...bjectid=760495
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Thank you, saved me pointing out the obvious again
geekay1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by badger-man)
Nope
I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the postal system in this country

On another note, anyone getting L.A. Noire? I've preordered it instead of getting Portal 2 as it just looks so incredible. :excited:
it does look very good, really considering it but don't really have the money, what's the cheapest copy you've found so far ?
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Doing the tutorials atm, looks promising!
Sunnytomo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

No.

So why did they announced on twitter the date.. when this was days after the blog may i ask..
geekay1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No.

So why did they announced on twitter the date.. when this was days after the blog may i ask..
So they didn't find a problem no

They just thought ahh what the hell lets just make them wait and lose a bit more money ?

the post clearly said they will put psn back on providing it is fully secure
neon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm gonna get it after my exams I think, but it does look amazing. Besides, i've already completed portal 2. I especially like the fact that on PS3 it's one disc, but on the 360 it's three
badger-man
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it does look very good, really considering it but don't really have the money, what's the cheapest copy you've found so far ?
Amazon. £34.99.

Invisiblehand says it's the best price.
geekay1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Amazon. £34.99.

Invisiblehand says it's the best price.
hmm might have to wait a few weeks then
owell you can give us all a review before i get it
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (66)
13.07%
Yes - a food allergy (54)
10.69%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (14)
2.77%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.97%
No (356)
70.5%

Watched Threads