Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Just tried to look for you to see if I had access :facepalm2:
    I nearly did the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    My parents refuse to give me my passport even when I tried to say I needed it for my BSc application because my sister told them about my attempted Paris expedition >.>

I've woken up on a coach en-route to Paris after a medics sports ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    Champion. Do you need your passport to travel via coach?

In fact, I'm not sure I want to know.

ReputationRep:
    muscles of the arm/forearm :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    That's just epic.

(Original post by rumandraisin)
    Don't even bother.

ReputationRep:
    As kinkerz said, really do not bother. Learn the muscle groups (flexors, extensors, digits etc) but leave it at that.

ReputationRep:

I reckon you need it to get out of the country whatever method you use (aside from swimming). Though I'm not the person to ask, I used to take my passport with me on the train from England to Scotland cos I thought I needed it to cross the border :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I reckon you need it to get out of the country whatever method you use (aside from swimming). Though I'm not the person to ask, I used to take my passport with me on the train from England to Scotland cos I thought I needed it to cross the border :facepalm:
    LOL, are you being serious?

Man, I wish we were part of the Schengen treaty.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Med Ed hopefully. On the SSC atm, hence looking for access to a paper on the efficacy of PBL :P
    Ahhh that would make sense.. hope you get a place then mate :top:
    I nearly did the same
    Glad I'm not the only one
    I'm in the exact same pain as you right now :sadnod:

4 pages of my ****ty drawings later and still need to cover the neurovascular aspect of the anatomy :sigh:
    Where do you study btw?

EDIT: you know what, **** it. Had enough of the neurovasculature of the arm when we did the shoulder last week

ReputationRep:

technically yes but in practice (at least the last time i went on hols by coach) not every coach is checked by border control just a random sample at peak times.

ReputationRep:
    Med Ed hopefully. On the SSC atm, hence looking for access to a paper on the efficacy of PBL :P
    Don't exist :ninja:

Soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Don't even bother.
    Haha we were stupid enough to have ilo's about the muscles of the arm and legs this week! This ageing unit is so interesting but equally it is hellish!

Learn the muscle groups (flexors, extensors, digits etc) but leave it at that.
    Cheers for the tip!

(Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    x
    Keele. You make drawings....what are these drawings you speak of? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha we were stupid enough to have ilo's about the muscles of the arm and legs this week! This ageing unit is so interesting but equally it is hellish!
    Just do the compartments as Rollerball said and know the nerve and blood supply. That'll be largely sufficient to get you through first year. That's all I knew for second year (when you have to pay more attention to the forearm etc.), come to think of it.

ReputationRep:

Don't need it to leave the country but need it to get back in.
    7pm: Start night out
    Somewhere between 10pm and 2am persuaded that it would be a good idea to go to France on tour.
    Home : 3am
    Coach: 4am?

Luckily I hadn't emptied my rucksack from ski trip so had passport, European travel adapter and a few other bits and bobs in it.

ReputationRep:
    In other news I need to make a 15 minute presentation on a non-medical topic. I need to teach it. I have literally no idea what I'm going to do. Suggestions?

(Original post by Phryx)
    Don't need it to leave the country but need it to get back in.
    7pm: Start night out
    Somewhere between 10pm and 2am persuaded that it would be a good idea to go to France on tour.
    Home : 3am
    Coach: 4am?

Luckily I hadn't emptied my rucksack from ski trip so had passport, European travel adapter and a few other bits and bobs in it.
    What on earth would happen if I'm stuck on the other side of the border without a European passport? I'd have ID (driving licence, etc) so would they be able to scan the system for mine? Did you go from Victoria coach station (presuming you're in London, can't remember what medical school you're at).

(Original post by crazylemon)
    Don't exist :ninja:
    Haters gonna hate.

ReputationRep:
    Those victoria coach deals are literally dangerously cheap!

£25 to schipol, my mate is from holland and has family there, it almost happened in the small hours a couple of weeks ago, thwarted by Louis CK and beer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    starting to get pretty annoyed about not being able to sleep or have proper free time because of stupid numbers of essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Locke)
    starting to get pretty annoyed about not being able to sleep or have proper free time because of stupid numbers of essays.
    I can't sleep because a mouse **** on my bed :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Soon.
    I'm thankfully leaving Scotland for good roughly two months before they vote.

In other news I need to make a 15 minute presentation on a non-medical topic. I need to teach it. I have literally no idea what I'm going to do. Suggestions?
    I remember someone on here talking about having to do this a few years back - they brought a bottle of wine in and did a wine tasting session.

ReputationRep:
    I remember someone on here talking about having to do this a few years back - they brought a bottle of wine in and did a wine tasting session.
    Challenging to do in a London medical school, not sure about elsewhere (my missus did it with grape juice).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.