Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My Chelsea and united fan mates have even started saying that wenger frustrates them and they don't like arsenal/ him. Even the Neutrals want him to spend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Its a joke tbh. The contempt that Lineker/Shearer show AFC/Wenger every single week is palpable whereas Talksport literally have a dedicated phone in called the DailyArsenal every week to take the piss out of us. The dailymail have about 3 articles a day on us and Phil McNulty at the BBC writes about one feature article a month on how **** we are. You could go on
    They're probably sick of Wenger proving them wrong all the time. These guys like to think they know a thing or two about football, yet Wenger constantly mugs them off by defying the odds. Wenger himself realises the media want Arsenal to fail aswell though. I remember the other day after the Villa game saying "You all got what you wanted."

ReputationRep:
    Hate to say it but I think tottenham have done excellent business this window. Is willan not good enough for us, especially when we lack an out and out creative winger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    My Chelsea and united fan mates have even started saying that wenger frustrates them and they don't like arsenal/ him. Even the Neutrals want him to spend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't want him to spend loads, what I want him to do is fill the glaring gaps in the squad. Now he can keep his players so that's fair enough but for the title if he tries harder to get a top player and pays an extra 5 million or 10million I would be happy. He can lowball if he likes but he should not pay a primark price when he's looking for deals at luis vuitton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    Hate to say it but I think tottenham have done excellent business this window. Is willan not good enough for us, especially when we lack an out and out creative winger.
    Willian is a top player, rate him highly. Although not worth 34mill 6 months ago especially when he played in Ukraine I have seen enough to say he would easily play for our left wing position.

Im not sure with spurs, I think they can't finish above us but then I think if they get willian and keep Bale for a season more they could challenge for the league.

But with the lack of Brazilian/ Portuguese players I think he would prefer spurs

ReputationRep:
    good point I think that willian should go to you guys tbh. He'd fit your style of play. Or he could start playing on the counter.

ReputationRep:
    It is massively concerning that we, the bigger club with more money and CL football seems to have no desire to go for a creative LW which is exactly what we need (as well as a lot more). I don't even think a Cabaye type player is our top 5 priorities to be honest..

I said they other day Spurs will struggle to creativity, straight away they are in for Willian/Lamela. It's actually making me sick just watching this unfold, what the **** are we doing? 4th will be long gone at this rate let alone actually moving forward as a club.

ReputationRep:
    I really thought getting 4th ahead of Spurs would be massive at the end of last season as it would give us the platform to really improve the team and widen the gap between the two clubs. Instead, the opposite has happened. Spurs to their credit have used all the resources available to them to strengthen their team. If they get Willian or Lamela they're going to be better than us with or without Bale.

As for us... we are a laughing stock, and deserve to be.

If lamela goes to spurs i will genuinely be afraid and pissed off.Roma selling him for 30mil in my opinion would be robbery, this guy purely on potential could go on to be worth a lot more. If spurs are going for him, i want to see us try tbh. Doubt it will happen though.I think spurs will get one of Willian and Lamela, both is something i hope does not happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEssence)
    If lamela goes to spurs i will genuinely be afraid and pissed off.Roma selling him for 30mil in my opinion would be robbery, this guy purely on potential could go on to be worth a lot more. If spurs are going for him, i want to see us try tbh. Doubt it will happen though.I think spurs will get one of Willian and Lamela, both is something i hope does not happen
    If those two are bought I'll say they are title contenders for sure even with them selling Bale (which it seems is happening with the amount of money they are spending).

ReputationRep:
    Lamela won't go I think. They have way too many attacking players atm. Unless AVB is planning on selling somebody I doubt he'd pay so much. Believe willian will go though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Lamela won't go I think. They have way too many attacking players atm. Unless AVB is planning on selling somebody I doubt he'd pay so much. Believe willian will go though.
    BBC reporter Ben Smith has just said that Lamela and Willian are set to complete their transfers to Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    If Lamela and Willian join Spurs they look pretty formidable. One would think Bale is gone if they both join Spurs though.

ReputationRep:
    If Lamela goes to Spurs that will piss me off so much. Spurs should be looking at challenging for the title if they do get them. Depressing time for Arsenal fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    BBC reporter Ben Smith has just said that Lamela and Willian are set to complete their transfers to Spurs.
    The rest of that sentence becomes invalid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    If Lamela goes to Spurs that will piss me off so much. Spurs should be looking at challenging for the title if they do get them. Depressing time for Arsenal fans.
    Yet come end of season they'll finish below us :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    What, Tottenham buying Willian and Lamela. I think that's a sign Bale is going but they've done well in the market. If they keep him, wow.

It's a serious wake up call to Arsene and his buddies upstairs in the boardroom. They're acting like dopes, who don't know what they're doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    Yet come end of season they'll finish below us :rofl:
    Sigh... :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Spurs on the verge of signing Willian + Lamela. Willian will happen by Wed, Lamela by Fri.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChildishHambino)
    The rest of that sentence becomes invalid.
    Don't put it past Tottenham. They're not like Arsenal, putting away their money from sales. This may mean Bale's going, but boy they have responded in a way not many teams would.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.