Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Giroud, Campbell and Sanogo is fine - after all, we wouldn't want to harm Sanogo's potential.
    Nooooooo. I'm not settling for that It's a good trio for rotation and all that but can't we just get someone who's like of even better quality?

(Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    Hoping for a load of interesting confirmations today

Transfer window + World Cup
    How lucky we are!
    Lucky you

(Original post by qwerty_mad)
    Please let's not wait until the end of August! I have a sneaky feeling it may just.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully, checking SSN every minute for updates is just not healthy. It's all been Liverpool and Man utd so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Nooooooo. I'm not settling for that It's a good trio for rotation and all that but can't we just get someone who's like of even better quality?

Lucky you

Hopefully, checking SSN every minute for updates is just not healthy. It's all been Liverpool and Man utd so far.
    I wouldn't exactly be saying lucky you for Lallana....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    New good striker to rotate with Giroud. Give Campbell and Gnabry more playing time as wingers maybe.

Release Sanogo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    New good striker to rotate with Giroud. Give Campbell and Gnabry more playing time as wingers maybe.

Release Sanogo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agree except, loan out sanogo to a prem team?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the point. He'll never be good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    I don't see the point. He'll never be good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People were saying that about Rambo a few years ago.

Send him on loan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have faith in THE Sanogo!

ReputationRep:
    I guess it doesn't matter too much. As long as he isn't near the first team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I have faith in THE Sanogo!
    This
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Tom Ince is a ****ing joke how are you going to turn down Inter Milan for Hull . I wonder what sort of advice his dad Paul is giving him. Why don't English players want to go abroad?
    He'll be first choice at Hull, it's unlikely that would be the case at Inter. Especially when he has to learn a new language, adjust to a new culture etc. Given that the wages being offered will be very similar, can you really blame him?

Plus, his Dad hardly had the best time at Inter...
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I wouldn't exactly be saying lucky you for Lallana....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Overrated you think?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Overrated you think?
    I think he's going to completely flop next season, this has Young/Downing written all over it. Give it 2 years and he'll be farmed out to someone like Sunderland or Stoke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I think he's going to completely flop next season, this has Young/Downing written all over it. Give it 2 years and he'll be farmed out to someone like Sunderland or Stoke.
    No it doesn't he couldn't be less of a similar player to young and downing. He's got great technique and decent off the ball movement as well as good work rate pretty ideal for liverpools system.

ReputationRep:
    Overrated you think?
    Yes. He's good but not that good. When I look at this signing it just Deja Vu to me all over *cough Dalglish*. The price tag is just making me itch tbh, I wish him luck but I don't think he'll be all that. The price tag just makes me appreciate Wenger's ability in the market.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    No it doesn't he couldn't be less of a similar player to young and downing. He's got great technique and decent off the ball movement as well as good work rate pretty ideal for liverpools system.
    I made a comparison to Young earlier today, I can't say with certainty but I think sr90 is making it in the same vein. Its not that they are the same type of player, its that they are mature experienced English players who are already playing at or close to their ceiling. If Lallana has hit his peak, then in his best ever season he will have been good enough for Liverpool's squad, but similar to Young and Downing, if he regresses pretty much at all he then becomes substandard for the level Liverpool require.

I think he'll be more of a success than those two, but I don't see him kicking it up a gear at Liverpool tbh.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm not comparing them as players, more the circumstances surrounding their transfers. One or two good seasons in an average team which is built around them, then as soon as they're a small fish in a big pond they completely flop. See Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam, Robbie Keane, Wilfred Zaha, Marouane Fellaini, Harry Kewell, Jack Rodwell... you get the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'm not comparing them as players, more the circumstances surrounding their transfers. One or two good seasons in an average team which is built around them, then as soon as they're a small fish in a big pond they completely flop. See Andy Carroll, Charlie Adam, Robbie Keane, Wilfred Zaha, Marouane Fellaini, Harry Kewell, Jack Rodwell... you get the point.
    He's better than pretty much all of those players you've mentioned that flopped. All I can see is him improving in liverpools attacking system. The team isn't built around him at Southampton as well he's given a free role but still has a high defensive work rate so will play pretty much the same at liverpool. Zaha, Rodwell and Carroll are young players that were a gamble. Adam was clearly never good enough for the level he was being asked to play at and Fellaini is playing out of position. Lallana is entering his peak and has been improving steadily for years he's not going to be the star of their team but I won't be surprised to see him get 12-15 goals next season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He'll be first choice at Hull, it's unlikely that would be the case at Inter. Especially when he has to learn a new language, adjust to a new culture etc. Given that the wages being offered will be very similar, can you really blame him?

Plus, his Dad hardly had the best time at Inter...
    This essentially. I reckon he's getting paid more at Hull tbf. He wouldn't see anything more than 15k a week at Inter.

The competition/Culture probably scared him off aswell. There are hundreds of Serbs, Croats, Argentinians and Italians at Inter who came from nothing ready to do anything for a chance in the first team. Most have the same or greater talent as Ince tbh. Whereas Tom probably as that arrogant English attitude because he's had everything handed to him all the way from Under 9s football. Not to mention he's Dad rich and he's footballing background

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    I made a comparison to Young earlier today, I can't say with certainty but I think sr90 is making it in the same vein. Its not that they are the same type of player, its that they are mature experienced English players who are already playing at or close to their ceiling. If Lallana has hit his peak, then in his best ever season he will have been good enough for Liverpool's squad, but similar to Young and Downing, if he regresses pretty much at all he then becomes substandard for the level Liverpool require.

I think he'll be more of a success than those two, but I don't see him kicking it up a gear at Liverpool tbh.
    The difference I see is young and downing are such one dimensional players and both lack any sort of determination. Lallana is a player who varies his play a lot more and isn't a typical English player. I also think he will have far more determination to succeed due to how hard he's worked in the various leagues to get where he is now

ReputationRep:
    The difference I see is young and downing are such one dimensional players and both lack any sort of determination.
    Lallana is a player who varies his play a lot more and isn't a typical English player. I also think he will have far more determination to succeed due to how hard he's worked in the various leagues to get where he is now
    I'm not sure about this. Young for example, although now you can say he's one dimensional, at Villa he was pfa young player, pfa team of the season, vice captain, played much like Lallana a free role all across the front 3, had penalty taking and free kick duties. He wasn't one dimensional or lacking, or lacking in determination(Euro 2012 campaign).

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.