Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    liverpool pls

ReputationRep:
    You are defensively pretty poor. Only a couple of games in, but your ability to conceded from a relatively low attacking output, that was a trend under a larger sample Klopp last season. Statically speaking, not just a little bit either, its horrendous. Its as bad as the attacking is good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    You absolute bell ends

Destroy us then get destroyed by Burnley

I know, right? You must be terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    I know, right? You must be terrible.
    Burnley would put 6 past us imho

ReputationRep:
    19! 19! 19!

ReputationRep:
    Not particularly surprised we have lots of games like this over past few seasons. Newcastle Watford last year for example. Didn't Hull beat us 3-1 last time they were in premier league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We had a better midfield on the bench than the one that started lol. Henderson is an embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why we don't try and buy two decent midfielders? Henderson is an absolute clogger and Wijnaldum/Lallana aren't CMs.

Our league form under Klopp is horrendous. Let's hope we can turn it around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    You are defensively pretty poor. Only a couple of games in, but your ability to conceded from a relatively low attacking output, that was a trend under a larger sample Klopp last season. Statically speaking, not just a little bit either, its horrendous. Its as bad as the attacking is good.
    Completely agree - we just played in to Burnley's hands from the start.
    Their manager must've been in dreamland when they scored an early goal; meant they could sit back and defend all game, leaving their strikers up front for quick countering.

It worked perfectly. I don't think we even created a goalscoring opportunity all game. Yet again, our awful defending and inability to break down teams who are happy to sit back is something we haven't been able to get past in the last few years.

Coutinho doing exactly what I thought; being inconsistent. Scores a wonder goal against Arsenal and then has 7 or 8 attempts today without getting anywhere near.

It just wasn't happening and that does happen from time to time. However we were against Burnley....
    BURNLEY.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471725316.218387.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  64.2 KB

Anybody would look at the stats and be in disbelief as to how we lost 2-0.
    However they don't tell the picture in the slightest. If anything it's more embarrassing for us.

Burnley's 19% possession was almost entirely quick counters and good prospects of creating something.
    Burnley's 3 shots resulted in 2 goals.

ReputationRep:
    Basically Liverpool got thrashed.

ReputationRep:
    Cc

ReputationRep:
    Typical..

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool are far too inconsistent. If they can be more consistent they can definitely challenge for top 4, maybe more.. (unfortunately)

ReputationRep:
    We're not going to win or achieve anything unless we sort out the defence. 5 goals conceded and we've only completed 2 games..

Shame that it was Clyne with the poor error. He's the one I least expect it from out of our back line.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Think Klopp underestimates the quality of the lesser lights in the league. To some extent it was the same with LVG - you'd always be confident against the big teams but games like this were likely to lead to slip ups.

You badly need a CB and a LB. Where are Matip and Sakho, presumably injured?

Henderson is poor but as long as he's Saint Jordan the English Lionheart he thinks he's untouchable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Think Klopp underestimates the quality of the lesser lights in the league. To some extent it was the same with LVG - you'd always be confident against the big teams but games like this were likely to lead to slip ups.

You badly need a CB and a LB. Where are Matip and Sakho, presumably injured?

Henderson is poor but as long as he's Saint Jordan the English Lionheart he thinks he's untouchable.
    Sakho injured till probably after the international break. Not sure about Matip - can't see any news of being injured.

We just haven't been able to defend since the days of Rafa Benitez..

ReputationRep:
    The main problem is the midfield. I know our defence isn't great, but they're given too much of a hard time by Liverpool fans because they are not protected at all. I can't remember the last time we had a midfield that properly protected our centre backs. And whoever plays as the left centre back essentially has to play as left back at the same time.

The midfield yesterday was embarrassing, I honestly give up on ideas, I'd try something ridiculous like a midfield 3 of Matip (deepest), Emre Can and Grujic. They wouldn't do any worse than our captain. We had 80% possession and Burnley's 20% came from Henderson passing it to their players. At least my tweet got numbers https://twitter.com/f1rmino/status/767084760879562752

ReputationRep:
    As Mills was suggesting in MOTD Burnley able to defend so deep knowing you had little threat from crosses. Can help feeling the squad would have benefited from a big black target man who could have provided that aerial threat...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    As Mills was suggesting in MOTD Burnley able to defend so deep knowing you had little threat from crosses. Can help feeling the squad would have benefited from a big black target man who could have provided that aerial threat...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Didn't exactly work last season. And Origi is just as good in the air as Benteke so

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.