The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Well Geno Smith managed to beat the Jets all by himself :frown:

Kyle Fuller has been mighty impressive though. He's racking up the picks...and they are good picks as well. I honestly thought though the Jets had Da Bears though.
Well I'm jumping all over the waiver wire this week. I've got Rob as my matchup and currently can't even field a team. I just hope waiver priority 3 does it's job!
Oooh so close in my non-TSR league. Just scraped through by 3 points. Should never have been that close, had Kelvin Benjamin, Nick Foles and Alshon Jeffery (didn't know if he was going to play tbh) on the bench. Jeremy Hill on the bench too scored more than all my RBs (Gore, Lacy + Morris). All told I could have had a win by 44 points but a win's a win at the end of the day.

In the TSR league that was bad tbh
Original post by Wattsy
Well I'm jumping all over the waiver wire this week. I've got Rob as my matchup and currently can't even field a team. I just hope waiver priority 3 does it's job!

I have about half of your team in my other league, so I feel the pain. The problem is that there's nobody good left on waivers in my other league, and with Woodhead on IR, the best left is possibly Lorenzo Taliaferro :s-smilie:
Original post by shunter7634
I have about half of your team in my other league, so I feel the pain. The problem is that there's nobody good left on waivers in my other league, and with Woodhead on IR, the best left is possibly Lorenzo Taliaferro :s-smilie:

Oh our waivers are much better. If both of my claims go through I'll be pretty happy with the lineup. I'm glad I'm not short on RB's; if I was I might be in trouble, I mean Forte's numbers are horrible and MJD was injured last week but DeMarco Murray is proving to be useful. Zac Stacy is on a bye but he's actually been pretty awesome whilst he's been in considering I picked him by accident and wanted now injured for a long time Ryan Matthews
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
Oh our waivers are much better. If both of my claims go through I'll be pretty happy with the lineup. I'm glad I'm not short on RB's; if I was I might be in trouble, I mean Forte's numbers are horrible and MJD was injured last week but DeMarco Murray is proving to be useful. Zac Stacy is on a bye but he's actually been pretty awesome whilst he's been in considering I picked him by accident and wanted now injured for a long time Ryan Matthews

In my other league I have Mathews, and when he went down, traded for Woodhead. Oops...
Original post by shunter7634
In my other league I have Mathews, and when he went down, traded for Woodhead. Oops...

I have no words.
If you're a little bit clueless on the defensive side of the ball the Big D defensive masterclass is on Sky Sports 2 right now. I'm hoping it teaches me something, been through 4-3, 4-3, nickel and dime so far, I already knew that but there's 45 minutes left.
I'm stuck in that my main RB was Knowshon Moreno and my backup was Ryan Mathews... and I'm waiver priority 5 :frown:
I'm stuck in that my main RB was Knowshon Moreno and my backup was Ryan Mathews... and I'm waiver priority 5 :frown:

It is a good week to be playing me though. I have 2 eligible bench guys in Golden Tate and Jay Cutler, the rest have a bye week!
Original post by Wattsy
It is a good week to be playing me though. I have 2 eligible bench guys in Golden Tate and Jay Cutler, the rest have a bye week!

The Lions are playing the Jets, though can always rely on Stafford to throw at least one pick :biggrin:

You're still projected to beat me easily.
The Lions are playing the Jets, though can always rely on Stafford to throw at least one pick :biggrin:

You're still projected to beat me easily.

True but the projections are so crappy. Matt Forte who the OL are not letting succeed scores 19.10 against the Packers, DeMarco Murray, leading rusher against New Orleans who are equally not known for their run defense scores 8.80? And it's at home!? They just make it up.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
True but the projections are so crappy. Matt Forte who the OL are not letting succeed scores 19.10 against the Packers, DeMarco Murray, leading rusher against New Orleans who are equally not known for their run defense scores 8.80? And it's at home!? They just make it up.

Forte has not been himself either this year. He's lacking decisiveness and going sideways. Still a threat as a receiving back this year. Hopefully he can turn it around. Lynch was projected 5 points in week 2 for some reason. And Rivers is only projected 15 points against the Jags, and Donald Brown projected 8 points. I'll take that matchup in my IDP league. At home? Against the Jags? Against the most points given up to a QB and to a RB in the league, a couple of weeks removed from a 30-odd point performance against Seattle for Rivers.......yeah. I'm taking that all day, even over Matt Ryan playing @Minnesota.
Eli sure did his best Peyton impression against the Redskins.

Maybe too good...:tongue:

Original post by Wattsy
If you're a little bit clueless on the defensive side of the ball the Big D defensive masterclass is on Sky Sports 2 right now. I'm hoping it teaches me something, been through 4-3, 4-3, nickel and dime so far, I already knew that but there's 45 minutes left.

On the new madden game there is a skills trainer which teaches you how to read defences and stuff. Pretty cool really.
Original post by ..DT..
On the new madden game there is a skills trainer which teaches you how to read defences and stuff. Pretty cool really.

That is quite cool, I tried to do it on the old Madden with variable success, having a tool to help people read defenses will probably lead to better games on both sides of the ball.
Really wish I was on Regent Street :frown:

It looks so good over there!
Plenty of NFL fans in London yesterday! Saw them everywhere I went.
Ryder Cup won, International Series to come, today is a good day. I can't wait for my trip down to Wembley for the Jags, I hope they put on the same kind of stuff we've seen for the Raiders game.
Watching the build up atm for raiders/Dolphins. Dolphins for an easy win imo. 30-10 is my guess for the score.

Watching cowboys live in Wembley in Nov. Sat here in my Owens Jersey with some Nachos enjoying the buildup to this game.

Any other TSR people going to the live games?

Latest