Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they're going to get Coentrao as well in part of the deal. Spurs going to be as strong as Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    All spurs now need is a left back and they're pretty much sorted

damn...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

damn...
    (Original post by Nwakaeme)
    Apparently they're going to get Coentrao as well in part of the deal. Spurs going to be as strong as Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    Making me so angry that spurs are showing all this ambition while we are doing the square root of f*** all. A club not in the cl in the process of building a new stadium and they are being more than ambitious in the transfer market. Yes they're going to lose Bale, but they've got in quality players and that will excite their supporters and while there's no guarantee the players will settle successfully they're buying quality not just potential from ligue 2. Just makes me think that arsenal have been chatting absolute **** to us for longer than this summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

damn...
    Apparently Coentrao part of the deal 93m and him...

ReputationRep:
    I think it is best we don't talk about Spurs here....remember this is Arsenal Thread XV SO we only talk about ARSENAL.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry... Lamela, Willian and Coentrao don't have **** on Ashley Williams and Cabaye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    BBC reporter Ben Smith has just said that Lamela and Willian are set to complete their transfers to Spurs.
    That just sounds like bale's gone tbh(if they get them). But I was saying that arsenal had better Attacking midfield/winger options in depth but I'll say that Spurs have a better team as of now(if bale stays of course). Tbh they could be in the mix for the title with this team if the players gel. These are the calibre of signings arsenal should be making and he's getting cabaye ffs.

If Arsenal can afford world class/2nd tier players now though they really need to get that big signing underwraps now. I looked at the tottenham game and they lacked that cutting edge in the attacking midfield/winger positions due to bale not being there but these signings look like that's no longer a problem. Even if bale goes arsenal will be really hard pushed for top 4 this season.

ReputationRep:
    To think that the Argentine press have compared Lamela's talent to none other than Messi and Spurs will get him for 25M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    That just sounds like bale's gone tbh(if they get them). But I was saying that arsenal had better Attacking midfield/winger options in depth but I'll say that Spurs have a better team as of now(if bale stays of course). Tbh they could be in the mix for the title with this team if the players gel. These are the calibre of signings arsenal should be making and he's getting cabaye ffs.

If Arsenal can afford world class/2nd tier players now though they really need to get that big signing underwraps now. I looked at the tottenham game and they lacked that cutting edge in the attacking midfield/winger positions due to bale not being there but these signings look like that's no longer a problem. Even if bale goes arsenal will be really hard pushed for top 4 this season.
    Bale is gone 99% sure. Theyve already done about 60m so these 2 bring it up to 120m in one window. And theyre looking to spend 400m on a stadium soon, although I reckon that'll be pulled. Safe to say Spurs would fail FFP...

ReputationRep:

Had a sneaky suspicion anyway that's what Levy was doing. Getting all his deals done and having some sort of pre agreement with Madrid if he could get all his targets he wanted. That way clubs wouldn't try charging an arm and a leg for Spurs Targets.

Must say they've invested well this summer though, whether they gel though is another story. Willian and Lamela could easily off set that loss of Bale as well as finally losing some of that dependence on him.

Gotta say though if all that cash for Arsenal is there whoever takes over next has a nice little kitty to spend.

ReputationRep:
    £30mill for Gotze seems cheap now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Its a joke tbh. The contempt that Lineker/Shearer show AFC/Wenger every single week is palpable whereas Talksport literally have a dedicated phone in called the DailyArsenal every week to take the piss out of us. The dailymail have about 3 articles a day on us and Phil McNulty at the BBC writes about one feature article a month on how **** we are. You could go on
    To fair they are spot on about Arsenal sometimes and the guy that does it Adrian Durham did predict that Aston Villa would beat Arsenal 3-1. Amongst out correct predictions.

ReputationRep:
    If this stuff about Spurs being interested in Willian and Lamela is true then it's shocking that we haven't at least gone for one of them. On the left we have Podolski, on the right we have Walcott, I don't see much depth apart from that. Also, the Ox is going to be out for a long time and we lost Gervinho. That's two wingers there why aren't we after at least one? Spurs making a £30m bid for Willian while we make a panic bid of £10m for Cabaye. Just shows the difference of intent in the transfer market tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    £30mill for Gotze seems cheap now
    Tbh that was a fair price anyway and he'd easily recoup that(if he actually makes an appearance)

ReputationRep:
    even with these players, I wouldnt put spurs as title contenders..

Though with them, (and presuming arsenal dont improve) they will easily be fighting it out for 2-4..

But for me, 1 key, absolute key ingredient in a tittle winning team, is that star player, who can just turn a game on its head, and win points from nothing..

And thats exactly what they are selling in bale...

Sure, one of the new players, all brilliantly talented, could become this, and take up the mantle.. buts its a big gamble, and we have no idea how they will all work/blend as a team..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    If this stuff about Spurs being interested in Willian and Lamela is true then it's shocking that we haven't at least gone for one of them. On the left we have Podolski, on the right we have Walcott, I don't see much depth apart from that. Also, the Ox is going to be out for a long time and we lost Gervinho. That's two wingers there why aren't we after at least one? Spurs making a £30m bid for Willian while we make a panic bid of £10m for Cabaye. Just shows the difference of intent in the transfer market tbf.
    Cabaye is a good player no doubt. I reckon he'd do an arteta but right now arsenal don't need to steady the ship they need to set sail. Exactly what tottenham are doing.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh that was a fair price anyway and he'd easily recoup that(if he actually makes an appearance)
    He had that groin injury didn't he?

No need to rush him anyway with all that talent they have

ReputationRep:
    The funny thing is that we actually need a winger. How many times did we go last season looking completely lost for ideas without a creative presence on the wing? We stick Walcott out there who has the skills and savvy of an amateur footballer. Podolski isn't really a natural winger either. Hell, we ragged on Gervinho a lot, but at least he could get past players. With Ox out for a while now, who can we really go to?

Even if Spurs sell Bale, they may have just reinforced their squad with Paulinho, Soldado, Willian and/or Lamela. That's ridiculous. We're stuck with Sanogo so far and panick bidding £10m on Cabaye. Embarrassing really.

ReputationRep:
    We need Hatem Ben Arfa

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.