Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    All of our direct applicants have now been contacted with the outcome of the first selection round. For general information, we are releasing a summary breakdown of decisions for Brasenose. Note that the following data omit Medicine because, as previously advised, these applications are administered centrally by the Medicine Department - although Medical applicants have also been contacted.

Over all other subjects applied for, 57% of applicants have been invited to attend interview either next week or the week after. Of these, 60% will be interviewed by Brasenose as the host College while 40% of interviewees have been reallocated by the Department concerned to one of 30 other Oxford Colleges. The overall interview rate of 57% is exactly the same as the most recent online figure published by the University: http://www.ox.ac.uk/about/facts-and-...istics/courses

If you have been invited to interview, congratulations and we wish you all the best for the next stage. If you are staying at Brasenose, we have recruited 41 undergraduate student hosts who will work shifts to make you as welcome as possible and who will help get you to your interviews on time. We will try and make your stay as pleasant as we can - facilities include a well-equipped student common room, a comfortable single bedroom, and plenty of good food to enjoy free of charge.

If you are not coming to interview we are very sorry that it is not possible to go further with your application but likewise we wish you all the best with your other options. If you would like further feedback when it is available after 6th January, please write to us at [email protected] requesting it.

Brasenose Admissions
    Hi,
    Is there any chance we'll be able to use the libraries within BNC for some study space? Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mechanism)
    Hi,
    Is there any chance we'll be able to use the libraries within BNC for some study space? Thanks
    Hello mechanism,

I'm afraid that the key that will be issued to you upon arrival won't give you access to the library in College. However, if you wanted to see it then one of our student hosts would certainly be able to show you around. Although our undergraduates will have mostly left the college, the library is still functioning out of term time.

All of our rooms are study bedrooms, so you will have a desk in your own room that you can use as your study space.

Brasenose Admissions

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone still not heard from Merton about physics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluv)
    I got an interview for medicine from teddy hall and corpus Christ on Tuesday, and you know on the email it says that I will be contacted by my college shortly regarding the arrangements, I haven't gotten an email yet and I am starting to get worried 😳 Is anyone else in this position or am I worrying for no reason?
    Same, I haven't heard about arrangements from the college but I have an interview for medicine at Pembroke and LMH, hopefully soon, was also worrying that I had been sent the wrong email!

ReputationRep:
    Received invitation from Merton on CompSci an hour ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiilywest)
    Same, I haven't heard about arrangements from the college but I have an interview for medicine at Pembroke and LMH, hopefully soon, was also worrying that I had been sent the wrong email!
    Check the spam, that is where I got it...... Found that they sent the arrangement only 1 minute after the invitation one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lydiaj8)
    I just got called for interview at Merton for maths. The email came at 11.03 and the interviews are from the 13th - 16th December.
    Nice one, see you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Is there a Classics interviewees thread on this site or not at all?
    Hi!

I'm a classicist! I'll be at Brasenose from 8th to 11th December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    Hello mechanism,

I'm afraid that the key that will be issued to you upon arrival won't give you access to the library in College. However, if you wanted to see it then one of our student hosts would certainly be able to show you around. Although our undergraduates will have mostly left the college, the library is still functioning out of term time.

All of our rooms are study bedrooms, so you will have a desk in your own room that you can use as your study space.

Brasenose Admissions
    Thank you! Very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maella)
    Oh dear, I really hope this isn't the case. How are we meant to comment on a text we haven't read before?!

I was under the illusion that we had to know the texts on our PS inside out and had a close reading exercise for the second interview...
    I wouldn't expect every interview at every college to be exactly like that, it was just an example of the sort of thing you would be asked. I didn't mean to panic you!!

ReputationRep:
    I got my rejection . good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swopnil)
    Congratulations you! And good luck in your interviews
    Haha, it's you! I wondered why someone quoted my post from a few days ago, and then I was like, "I remember that name!" How you remembered my user, I have no idea! :') Thank you though! Where did you apply to in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any worcester maths applicants/interviewees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiemca_)
    Hey, anyone at Merton 15th-16th? or for chemistry at all?
    I'm at Jesus 14th to 16th for chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiemca_)
    Hey, anyone at Merton 15th-16th? or for chemistry at all?
    I'm in St John's between the 13th-16th for chemistry
    (Also just created an account to reply to this because of the joy of discovering other chemists )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ye-SheenKim)
    Hi!

I'm a classicist! I'll be at Brasenose from 8th to 11th December.
    Congrats Course I or II ? I loved Brasenose College too, I'm hoping my second interview will be either there or at Merton!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommylassafunny)
    I got my rejection . good luck everyone
    Sorry for that. I am sure eventually you will end up with very good offer from elsewhere. All the best.

BTW Which course and which college did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Just got called by St Hugh's for Maths! Sunday to Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    Any worcester maths applicants/interviewees?
    I am still waiting to hear from Worcester.

ReputationRep:
    Just got invited for an EP (Skype) interview by Wadham! So excited!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.