Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    What do you think we should do? Protests?
    We should send our salaams, talk about islam, give them a leaflet and give them a qur'an :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by no pain no gain)
    Ok :yes:

here i go

Did i do it right?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you mean taking a month from school to revise?
    I don't think it is entirely correct to have done that but it depends on you really. If you focus better at home than sixthform then it was right of you to do it.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think we should do? Protests?
    Yeah.
    Make people aware it's wrong and educate them.

ReputationRep:
    I think the muslim response to the Muhammed pbuh mockery via charlie hedbo was so powerful. We took over twitter with power and force in the WhoIsMuhammed campaign, it made headlines.

That's what we need to do, throw knowledge and truth at them.

Fight with words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Do you mean taking a month from school to revise?
    I don't think it is entirely correct to have done that but it depends on you really. If you focus better at home than sixthform then it was right of you to do it.
    Yeah, basically i created my own study leave :smug:

Going to college was a waste so i just thought 'forget this fam. Ima just revise and study at home'

This way i saved time (from travelling to and from college) and i found it more productive than just sitting and doing nothing in classes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautyandthebeat)
    Assalaamu Alai'ikum Brothers and Sisters,
    Could I humbly request you all to make dua for my Grandfather who passed away in the early hours of the morning. I'd be very grateful.

Jzk
    Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah

Innaa lilaahi wa innaa ilayhi raji'oon.
    May Allah ta'ala ease his passing from this world to his next abode, may His current place of residence be one of peace and ease, may He be blessed by the rahmah of the Almighty with a place in Jannah amongst His pious servants, may he be admitted to the garden beneath which rivers flow, may you and your family find peace in patience and reliance upon Allah, and may your actions be a means by which his reward is increased.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, basically i created my own study leave :smug:

Going to college was a waste so i just thought 'forget this fam. Ima just revise and study at home'

This way i saved time (from travelling to and from college) and i found it more productive than just sitting and doing nothing in classes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah okay fam

You got this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    I think the muslim response to the Muhammed pbuh mockery via charlie hedbo was so powerful. We took over twitter with power and force in the WhoIsMuhammed campaign, it made headlines.

Fight with words.
    Agreed :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash92:))
    Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah

Innaa lilaahi wa innaa ilayhi raji'oon.
    May Allah ta'ala ease his passing from this world to his next abode, may His current place of residence be one of peace and ease, may He be blessed by the rahmah of the Almighty with a place in Jannah amongst His pious servants, may he be admitted to the garden beneath which rivers flow, may you and your family find peace in patience and reliance upon Allah, and may your actions be a means by which his reward is increased.
    Ameen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)

Fight with words.
    Definitely.

Not sure if it's a hadith or something, but I read somewhere Allah punished a town (I think) which were committing sin, and even though there were some people who were not sinning, Allah still punished them because they didn't stop those who were.
    I will try and find this hadith somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Definitely.

Not sure if it's a hadith or something, but I read somewhere Allah punished a town (I think) which were committing sin, and even though there were some people who were not sinning, Allah still punished them because they didn't stop those who were.
    I will try and find this hadith somewhere.
    You see, that is something which seems unjust :hmmm:

If i were in that town and i wasnt sinning but still got punished, i would feel ive been treated unfairly

I guess we should enjoin the good and forbid the evil but still... It is unfair imo :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Yeah.
    Make people aware it's wrong and educate them.
    I don't agree with protests because I think that gives the cartoon makers too much attention.

Your second suggestion is pretty legit though :yy:

ReputationRep:
    You see, that is something which seems unjust :hmmm:

If i were in that town and i wasnt sinning but still got punished, i would feel ive been treated unfairly

I guess we should enjoin the good and forbid the evil but still... It is unfair imo :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're letting yourself and others be exposed to evil. Who's to say you won't be taking part next?

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with protests because I think that gives the cartoon makers too much attention.

Your second suggestion is pretty legit though :yy:
    As long as it's peaceful.

ReputationRep:
    Waffles

ReputationRep:
    Hehe guess what guys, you now I found a single long white hair :dance:

I'm just so excited :ahee: lol I am amazed it's been there for years :eek: and I found it now! I hope you don't think I'm stupid :erm:... but have any one of you found one as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Hehe guess what guys, you now I found a single long white hair :dance:

I'm just so excited :ahee: lol I am amazed it's been there for years :eek: and I found it now! I hope you don't think I'm stupid :erm:... but have any one of you found one as well?
    Lol :lol:
    I have a few white hairs since birth

They make me feel special :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Waffles

Waffles are so delicious.

ReputationRep:
    Waffles

Worldly temptations on the isoc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess31)
    Lol :lol:
    I have a few white hairs since birth

They make me feel special :cry2:
    But I only have one - and it's soo long
    At first I lost it and then had to search through all my brown hair to find it again lol
    It was a mission. :sigh:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.