Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cBay)
    I've not seen anything, was mostly just referring to Jammy's post 9129
    I never found an article relating to Jammy but read the rest (LP seems to have deleted his). Aph needs to flesh out his (which he clearly wrote himself).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I never found an article relating to Jammy but read the rest (LP seems to have deleted his). Aph needs to flesh out his (which he clearly wrote himself).
    LP's never had any actual text, just the infobox at the mo.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I haven't got round to Jammy's yet. The whole thing has been made public as its a lot easier for everyone to do their own and then me tidy them up, then for me and a couple of others to sit and do 50+ pages

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I did it late last night, I can't think of anything that needs to be added.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I did it late last night, I can't think of anything that needs to be added.
    Apart from things that never happened

(Original post by cranbrook_aspie)

Seriously, Life_peer?
    It's not false

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Seriously, Life_peer?

Seriously, little aspie?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer

Seriously, Life_peer? The wikia is not for immature sniping like this, and any that is done will be called out in public on TSR. If you really want to make it known that you think I am a 'Labour *****', then by all means do so here in the bar or the Labour Q&A thread, or just PM/VM me.
    With respect, you choose to take the TSR MHoC offsite, you deal with the petty, immature arguments there - don't bring them onto TSR and that includes by calling out individuals on public on TSR for something done offsite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    That's the worst thing about it. People shouldn't write their own history.
    No, that's Andrea Leadsom's role.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Come on guys, let's keep things respectful. Insulting other members is the sort of thing that puts people off this place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Come on guys, let's keep things respectful. Insulting other members is the sort of thing that puts people off this place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is, but it also happened off this site, so really cranbrook_aspie had no right to cause arguments on here over something that didn't happen here.

(Original post by Life_peer)
    Agreed. I think the new wiki has merely opened another front for petty arguments, such as the one here started by aspie, yet when he's offended, he runs straight to TSR to tell on me. :rolleyes: Little did he know his mummy and daddy from the support team or whatnot have no power there.
    This is exactly why I don't support offsite initiatives because they lead to these arguments. If people don't feel that they can contribute offsite without bringing arguments back here, they should avoid offsite activity related to this place.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. I think the new wiki has merely opened another front for petty arguments, such as the one here started by cranbrook aspie, yet when he's offended, he runs straight to TSR to tell on me. :rolleyes: Little did he know his mummy and daddy from the support team or whatnot have no power there.
    Thankfully they do have every power to take action against you calling people a "****ing jealous degenerate" here - and the MHoC guidelines which I hope the Speaker will enforce also extend explicitly to "all MHoC affilliated publication". And regardless of whether they choose to or not, I'm glad he called you out on it because to be honest this seems incredibly stupid, petty and dare I say below you.

ReputationRep:
    Why is that relevant? She was a real person and she doesn't deserve to be called a ***** by some internet tough guy such as yourself. How is using one of her quotes biased?

Gentle prod… :laugh: Then I guess calling you a ****ing jealous degenerate should be alright as well! Take care.
    Maybe not, after all she only economically screwed over the working class of a whole region of the UK so not that bad after all.

And that's not biased (although it's a little strange on an information page unless it's some kind of official party quote), it was the fact that the page was literally a list of all the great things the TSR Tories had done - I didn't want to edit it to include some more negative/neutral information myself for fear of being accused of doing a hatchet job so I was hoping a Tory's attention would be drawn.

Agreed. I think the new wiki has merely opened another front for petty arguments, such as the one here started by aspie, yet when he's offended, he runs straight to TSR to tell on me. :rolleyes: Little did he know his mummy and daddy from the support team or whatnot have no power there.
    Lol, I was more amused than offended because I don't take any insults from you seriously, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've used the report function on TSR.

ReputationRep:

Classic hazzer1998
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by toronto353)
    With respect, you choose to take the TSR MHoC offsite, you deal with the petty, immature arguments there - don't bring them onto TSR and that includes by calling out individuals on public on TSR for something done offsite.
    I'd say this wiki is very relevant to the MHoC. If it had taken place in the current wiki, I'm sure you wouldn't have made this point. Yet the only difference between the two is the url address. LP has responded in a completely unacceptable manner and he should be embarrassed by his behaviour.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I'd say this wiki is very relevant to the MHoC. If it had taken place in the current wiki, I'm sure you wouldn't have made this point. Yet the only difference between the two is the url address. LP has responded in a completely unacceptable manner and he should be embarrassed by his behaviour.
    You're right in all of this, yet your conclusion is wrong - the only difference between the two is the URL, but it is a huge difference. A different URL means that the situation has occurred offsite and therefore is not a TSR matter, but an offsite matter. That means cranbrook was wrong to bring it back onto this site when it is essentially an offsite matter. I'm not condoning LP's behaviour, though I happen to think it was merely a joke, but what I am saying is that we're not going to have people calling each other out on offsite behaviour and disrupt the community on TSR over issues which are offsite.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You're right in all of this, yet your conclusion is wrong - the only difference between the two is the URL, but it is a huge difference. A different URL means that the situation has occurred offsite and therefore is not a TSR matter, but an offsite matter. That means cranbrook was wrong to bring it back onto this site when it is essentially an offsite matter. I'm not condoning LP's behaviour, though I happen to think it was merely a joke, but what I am saying is that we're not going to have people calling each other out on offsite behaviour and disrupt the community on TSR over issues which are offsite.
    So you are saying that if the url contained 'tsr' somewhere, you wouldn't mind?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    So you are saying that if the url contained 'tsr' somewhere, you wouldn't mind?
    It has to start "http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Except that the MHoC guidelines state that all affiliated publications also are under the rules. So for instance if birch had published an Ad Hoc attacking a member and using derogatory Language, dispite the fact that it is technically 'off-site' he would, rightly, have been punished for it.

I agree that there is a line somewhere, but I'm not sure that I would draw it where you do.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Except that the MHoC guidelines state that all affiliated publications also are under the rules. So for instance if birch had published an Ad Hoc attacking a member and using derogatory Language, dispite the fact that it is technically 'off-site' he would, rightly, have been punished for it.

I agree that there is a line somewhere, but I'm not sure that I would draw it where you do.
    What counts as affiliated, I doubt something done by members of their own accord counts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.