Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Picked up a brand new copy of The Matrix for 75p :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Favourite 3 movies from this list? http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/gregjames/movies/

Mine from what I've seen
    1. Toy Story
    2.Pulp Fiction
    3.Inception

ReputationRep:
    There's some madness in the Films that have ever made you want your money back. thread.

Social Network.
    LOTR: Return of the King
    Black Swan
    The Bourne Trilogy
    Inception

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    There's some madness in the Films that have ever made you want your money back. thread.

Social Network.
    LOTR: Return of the King
    Black Swan
    The Bourne Trilogy
    Inception

It appears a lot of people seem to go to the cinema without even doing a quick google on the film they're about to go watch. Whether it appeals to them or not. They must just hear ''it's good'' from someone and go watch it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokabasha)
    Favourite 3 movies from this list? http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/gregjames/movies/

Mine from what I've seen
    1. Toy Story
    2.Pulp Fiction
    3.Inception
    Back to the Future
    The Big Lebowski
    City of God

Closely followed by Inception, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction and Shawshank. There are some films which look pretty out of place on that list, I must say!

ReputationRep:
    i am new to this thread so i thought i would just begin by listing my favourite films just to join in a little

1. LOTR- every single one of them. literally. i just can't explain why but for me it just goes much much more beyond elves and hobbits and wizards and gets into my soul.
    2. the Truman show- jim carrey can annoy me in comedies because i think he's a little too OTT but he is bloody blooming mind blowing in the Truman show, the finale part where he's in the storm and everyone's watching is just excruciating and when he bashes into the wall at the end and you can just feel his despair... anyway. yes.
    3. Fightclub- although i have to say it is best the very first time you watch it. so i'm not going to go into it. but i just remember it being mindblowing when i first watched it.
    4. A night at the opera and a day at the races by the Marx Brothers. AMAZING.
    5. Moulin Rouge- much more than just a musical
    6. Romeo and Juliet by Baz Luhrman is just the most exciting shakespeare ever.
    7. now that i think about leo dicaprio, catch me if you can is brilliant too.

ok.
    the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alasicannotswim)

Think again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    Back to the Future
    The Big Lebowski
    City of God

Closely followed by Inception, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction and Shawshank. There are some films which look pretty out of place on that list, I must say!
    I need to see City of God, heard really great things about it and I love foreign language films. I watched half of Fight Club, didn't really enjoy it, so just stopped it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokabasha)
    I need to see City of God, heard really great things about it and I love foreign language films. I watched half of Fight Club, didn't really enjoy it, so just stopped it :/
    You didn't? That's a shame - I really like Fight Club, especially on the first viewing (as someone has said above)

Definitely see City of God, it's a very good film!

ReputationRep:
    What's the general consensus in this thread on Donnie Darko?

(Original post by Kinkerz)
    'Good cult film' I imagine.

I loved the film. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alasicannotswim)
    i am new to this thread so i thought i would just begin by listing my favourite films just to join in a little

1. LOTR- every single one of them. literally. i just can't explain why but for me it just goes much much more beyond elves and hobbits and wizards and gets into my soul.
    2. the Truman show- jim carrey can annoy me in comedies because i think he's a little too OTT but he is bloody blooming mind blowing in the Truman show, the finale part where he's in the storm and everyone's watching is just excruciating and when he bashes into the wall at the end and you can just feel his despair... anyway. yes.
    3. Fightclub- although i have to say it is best the very first time you watch it. so i'm not going to go into it. but i just remember it being mindblowing when i first watched it.
    4. A night at the opera and a day at the races by the Marx Brothers. AMAZING.
    5. Moulin Rouge- much more than just a musical
    7. now that i think about leo dicaprio, catch me if you can is brilliant too.

ok.
    the end.
    Lol... like seriously you just mentioned quite a few 'modern classics' in my opinion, specially Fight Club, Romeo and Juliet and LOTR. Nice list man

I might re-watch Fight Club sometime soon.... I understand it fully but just to watch it again while thinking of the twist, it really makes you think about what's going on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    I like it. A really good film, and Jake Gyllenhaal acting in a film I actually like happens so rarely that I'd consider it 'special'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimimimi)
    Back to the Future
    The Big Lebowski
    City of God

City of God
    Pulp Fiction
    Forrest Gump

I'm somewhat relieved the Oscars are over, it gives me a much wider selection of movies and much less pressure to finish watching them by whenever.

Thus, just watched Swimming With Sharks. Decent film, but Kevin Spacey. :sogood: Kevin Spacey. :coma: Kevin Spacey. :adore:

Also, I didn't even suspect the twist was coming, took me completely off guard. Most surprised I've been since I watched The Departed. Overall, a watch. :yep:

EDIT: Just because it's been mentioned in the last couple of posts - I might give City of God a watch tomorrow, I've heard great things about it.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Seven Pounds, didn't enjoy it as much as The pursuit of happiness. But it had a fantastic storyline, had so much potential, had a some great elements, showing that the act of helping others requires much self sacrifice, and that there can be other ways to help people other than money, and it showed the really gritty side to the helping of others, and that it isn't all happy happy smiles. I didn't like the first 30 minutes, but the last 20 minutes were the best I've seen in a long time, a really poignant ending. Really was convinced by Rosario Dawson's performance.

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if it's been mentioned but The Cove is on More4 tonight at 10pm. Highly recommended documentary.

ReputationRep:
    Bored, haven't sat through a film for a while... anyone got a good fairly recent film to recommend, preferably sci-fi, fantasy, action oriented

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Bored, haven't sat through a film for a while... anyone got a good fairly recent film to recommend, preferably sci-fi, fantasy, action oriented
    ??? Does the A-team count? :dontknow: you've probably already seen it though :erm:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.