Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VSX)
    I am still waiting to hear from Worcester.
    For maths? How do you think your MAT went & what are your stats GCSE/AS wise?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what to do / where to go when you arrive for your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer for an Engineering interview at Oxford
    (First at Worcester and Second at Mansfield)
    I personally thought my PAT went horrifically, so I am really suprised, however very pleased too
    If anyone else has an interview at Worcester or Mansfield, or just wants to discuss Engineering for the interview, feel free to contact me
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lsdjrl)
    Unless you've been told otherwise, the porters lodge at your college, probably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.owen98)
    Has anyone still not heard from Merton about physics?
    Everyone I know got a reply on the 2nd, might be worth checking different emails/folders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lsdjrl)
    You should go to the Porter's lodge and they'll tell you where to go. If there's something else you're required to do it should be in the email the college sent you.

ReputationRep:
    got an interview for arch & anth at keble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I was just wondering whether any Modern Languages/Balliol interviewees have been emailed interview details?

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview at St. Hugh's from the 13th to the 16th. Does anyone know if I can stay at the college from the 12th to the 17th because of how my flights are scheduled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoskal)
    I got an interview at St. Hugh's from the 13th to the 16th. Does anyone know if I can stay at the college from the 12th to the 17th because of how my flights are scheduled?
    Quite probably, email them to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lainathiel)
    Haha, it's you! I wondered why someone quoted my post from a few days ago, and then I was like, "I remember that name!" How you remembered my user, I have no idea! :' Thank you though! Where did you apply to in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hehe, no problem. I recognised you because I remember you had this elephant profile picture :P

I applied to manchester, imperial, bristol and oxford (I still wanted to give oxbridge a proper go until the end). I got 1 interview so far and got rejected from Oxford last week.
    Where else did you apply then?

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected by UCL for Law, yet got an interview from Jesus. Wonder how that works?

ReputationRep:
    They'll probably agree, Corpus did for me, they're usually quite understanding with international people :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skygliderjack)
    Just got my offer for an Engineering interview at Oxford
    (First at Worcester and Second at Mansfield)
    I personally thought my PAT went horrifically, so I am really suprised, however very pleased too
    If anyone else has an interview at Worcester or Mansfield, or just wants to discuss Engineering for the interview, feel free to contact me
    Hello! Fellow Engineering applicant here. My interview is on the 16th at University College (1st choice) and then Balliol. When's yours + how are you preparing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    They'll probably agree, Corpus did for me, they're usually quite understanding with international people :'
    Thanks. How quickly do they reply to emails?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prndl2)
    Check the spam, that is where I got it...... Found that they sent the arrangement only 1 minute after the invitation one
    still nothing as of yet, i'll check over the next few days, still can't believe that I actually got an interview!

ReputationRep:
    Interview at St Peter's for Mathematics and Statistics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raluca1)
    Interview at St Peter's for Mathematics and Statistics
    Congratulations! When is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adoxography)
    I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion? I dont really know what to think about what's happened.

I applied to study English, having obtained AAAAAB at AS Level, and was predicted A* A* A* A A at A2 (one of those As is general studies) My GCSEs were all A*s and As too, and my submitted written work was worth full marks ( as was my other piece which I could have sent)

Naturally, my teachers were really optimistic for my chances- the only blip in my application being that I resat year 12 after some pretty horrendous extenuating circumstances that included, but was not limited to, family death, the extremely bitter and aggressive divorce of my parents, and my own struggles with serious health problems that affected my sleep, concentration and memory (down to the point where I couldn't remember the content of a page after reading it)
    My first time at year 12 I got an A in general studies, a C in maths, Ds in Biology and Chemistry and a B in Art. At the time I wasnt applying for English, but something more science based, because my parents had pressured me in that direction- I come from a family of doctors.
    As part of resitting, I decided to switch Art for English Literature (which I'd always loved, but hadnt thought matched with what I intended to study at the time) and after just one lesson, I was reminded of how much I loved it, and decided that I wanted to apply for that instead.
    My English teacher said I should apply for Oxford, but I wasnt sure about their policy on resits, so I emailed that and recieved a reply saying

"You would be welcome to make an application when applying under the below circumstances, we would very strongly recommend that your references mention these in their reference, but also that your academic projection would be on track for the entrance requirements. To ensure that you application was strong in the other areas, you would still be required to have achieved (or predicted) AAA, one of these subjects should be English Literature or the combined English Language and Literature subject."

I went on to achieved As in all my subjects the second time round, which is a truer representation of what I can do, seeing as my health problem had been sorted by the time I went back to year 12 in September. I was thrilled, as you can imagine.

I received a pre-interview rejection from Oxford, on Saturday the 28th of November. On Monday the 30th, I managed to get in contact with the Admissions office, and was told that they were reconsidering my application because of the information I'd sent when I originally asked them about resits, and that they would get back to me either that afternoon, or Tuesday morning. Wednesday came and I'd still not heard anything, so I rang them on wednesday evening, only to find that they had yet to contact the English Department- so my application had not been considered yet. This morning, I was told that the English Department had recommended my rejection not be changed, and they refused to tell me any more in the way of feedback. I'm feeling really mucked about, and rather humiliated, because I dont get the feeling my application was ever really reconsidered, given the quick turn around from Wednesday to Thursday. They have told me I can wait for feedback in January, but if I have any more concerns (given they've already messed up my application once) January will be too late to do anything about them.

None of my teachers can think of any reason that my application would stand out for rejection, especially before interview, and I'm really confused as to what's happened. If anyone could give their opinion I would be really grateful.
    I'm so sorry. Honestly, most people who apply are probably of a high enough academic standard to study there - they just can't interview all those people. It's no reflection on your ability and I think you did amazing in your resit, especially recovering from such circumstances. I'm sure you'll get offers from fantastic unis and go on to earn a fab degree. Someone in my school got rejected for English with AAAA at A-level, while I've been called with only AABC. I could only imagine that it was the ELAT that hindered you and other capable students who've received rejections. Best of luck with your education and don't let this hold you back

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. How quickly do they reply to emails?
    They usually reply the next day, and I've actually had quite a few issues needing sorting out so I was very happy with that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.