Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Mourinho: "It was a fair result."

Haha, nice one lad.
    'In control' I can't control myself given these comments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    pissed off.

one one hand, what a performance by the lads - game of the season.
    on the other hand, how can we beat chelsea at the bridge?

we messed it up by not taking our chances; we dominated them all game yet we only scored a single goal.
    in the second half we had plenty of shots - courtois is a beast but you gotta feel that with somebody clinical like sturridge, we would've won that game comfortably.

all in all, chelsea fans breathing a sigh of relief - they know they were lucky tonight but won't mess it up at home.

P.S: shout out to skrtel, MOTM as far as i'm concerned (sterling a close 2nd).
    I'm actually pleased in an odd way. Rodgers can basically tell the players that they can take great confidence from playing one of the most expensive sides in the world off the pitch but he can make a point about how we need to push on and be even better.

So many players played well tonight. Can you really fault anyone? Can a little for giving away the penalty but otherwise pretty superb.

(Original post by ShotsFired-9941)
    Everyone be like Sturidge is clinical sturidge is clinical. He is a selfish injury prone glass. He will marginally up the squad. The kinda player LFC really need is a Costa or my favorite Luiz Suarez
    Nah Sturridge works hard and though he can sometimes be selfish - it either looks stupid or he scores. On top of that, he has a great understanding with Coutinho. I think we'll see Sterling suffer a little from Sturridge's return but everyone else will improve.

ReputationRep:
    The git ran after the whistle went off. Didn't even bother to acknowledge Brendon's tactics. He will get a beating soon by Pelli or Arsee or BR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Mourinho thinks they were in control, with more quality.

One shot on target (was a penalty)

I'm actually laughing out loud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's the best WUM there is so just best to ignore him. Usually if you take the exact opposite of what he's said, you're spot on.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone be like Sturidge is clinical sturidge is clinical. He is a selfish injury prone glass. He will marginally up the squad. The kinda player LFC really need is a Costa or my favorite Luiz Suarez
    he sticks chances away, end of.

maybe he can be selfish but he has the quality to back it up, often making a goal out of nothing.
    obviously we have put him on a pedastal with him being out, but everybody knows the lad can score a goal and it's the one thing we're missing in an attacking sense.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    He's the best WUM there is so just best to ignore him. Usually if you take the exact opposite of what he's said, you're spot on.
    Pretty accurate summary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sterling's turn and run was just sumptuous tonight. Really enjoyed it.

He needs to show that killer instinct on a more regular basis, but he'll be some player one day.

ReputationRep:

Nah Sturridge works hard and though he can sometimes be selfish - it either looks stupid or he scores. On top of that, he has a great understanding with Coutinho. I think we'll see Sterling suffer a little from Sturridge's return but everyone else will improve.

If he scores 3 goals in his first 5 games post injury I will stand corrected.

His understanding with Coutinhio is something I won't deny though

(Original post by Lúcio)
    he sticks chances away, end of.

maybe he can be selfish but he has the quality to back it up, often making a goal out of nothing.
    obviously we have put him on a pedastal with him being out, but everybody knows the lad can score a goal and it's the one thing we're missing in an attacking sense.
    Blah blah look at me I can type

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Mourinho thinks they were in control, with more quality.

One shot on target (was a penalty)

I'm actually laughing out loud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, nice one lad.
    to be fair, he's hardly gonna say "we were lucky, the ref loves us, liverpool should've won."
    however i agree it's unbelieveable when he comes out with that being a "fair result".
    2 shots; a penalty and a hopeful 30 yarder....fair result though.

I'm actually pleased in an odd way. Rodgers can basically tell the players that they can take great confidence from playing one of the most expensive sides in the world off the pitch but he can make a point about how we need to push on and be even better.

So many players played well tonight. Can you really fault anyone? Can a little for giving away the penalty but otherwise pretty superb.
    in terms of morale, it's excellent - we're the 2nd best side in the league form wise and we haven't lost a game for quite a while now.

every single player did their part - can conceded a penalty but other than that, he was solid and kept hazard quiet more than people expected him to.

the reason why i get pissed is because we should've won that game and we didn't.
    if we lose this tie, that performance is all for nothing.
    we have to score at the bridge and unless sturridge is back, i'm dubious about us getting through...

ReputationRep:
    Blah blah look at me I can type
    10/10 response.
    you argue your point so well, teach me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Would be very surprised if Markovic started at the Bridge, though. We can't go there hoping to replicate tonight's performance. We won't have the same intensity, energy, or the crowd advantage. Manquillo will be drafted in I expect.

ReputationRep:
    If he scores 3 goals in his first 5 games post injury I will stand corrected.

His understanding with Coutinhio is something I won't deny though
    I think it will take some time for him to get back up to speed and become clinical. Let's not forget that he's missed 5 months of football.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    to be fair, he's hardly gonna say "we were lucky, the ref loves us, liverpool should've won."
    however i agree it's unbelieveable when he comes out with that being a "fair result".
    2 shots; a penalty and a hopeful 30 yarder....fair result though.

in terms of morale, it's excellent - we're the 2nd best side in the league form wise and we haven't lost a game for quite a while now.

every single player did their part - can conceded a penalty but other than that, he was solid and kept hazard quiet more than people expected him to.

the reason why i get pissed is because we should've won that game and we didn't.
    if we lose this tie, that performance is all for nothing.
    we have to score at the bridge and unless sturridge is back, i'm dubious about us getting through...
    I think the players can look at this game as the turning point in the season. We're on a great run but it's been against easier opposition. This was our first real test and, in terms of performance, they passed with flying colours.

ReputationRep:
    Would be very surprised if Markovic started at the Bridge, though. We can't go there hoping to replicate tonight's performance. We won't have the same intensity, energy, or the crowd advantage. Manquillo will be drafted in I expect.
    It's tough since we do need to score but you know Chelsea will turn it on a little. Think there's a small benefit that they play Man City at that weekend and they need a big performance there.

ReputationRep:
    lol at the Everton fan who said Naismith > Sterling a couple of months ago :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Just read that it can't go into penalties unless it's a 1-1, otherwise if its 0-0 it goes into ET and after that Chelsea go through on away goals. Didn't actually know that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's tough since we do need to score but you know Chelsea will turn it on a little. Think there's a small benefit that they play Man City at that weekend and they need a big performance there.
    They don't really need the three points against City though, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:

Haha, nice one lad.
    You lot were the better team but in reality we sat back and if we decided to actually play instead of sitting back majority of the game we would have dominated you.

Mourinho decided to be a pussy essentially.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    pissed off.

one one hand, what a performance by the lads - game of the season.
    on the other hand, how can we beat chelsea at the bridge?

we messed it up by not taking our chances; we dominated them all game yet we only scored a single goal.
    in the second half we had plenty of shots - courtois is a beast but you gotta feel that with somebody clinical like sturridge, we would've won that game comfortably.

all in all, chelsea fans breathing a sigh of relief - they know they were lucky tonight but won't mess it up at home.

P.S: shout out to skrtel, MOTM as far as i'm concerned (sterling a close 2nd).
    No relief and we decided to sit back and use the leagues slowest midfield with two fast wingers when in reality Mourinho decided to be a pussy against a team that man for man in all areas of the pitch we were stronger than.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by jam277)
    You lot were the better team but in reality we sat back and if we decided to actually play instead of sitting back majority of the game we would have dominated you.
    Yeah, the early goal had a lot to do with that. Would have been a different game had that not gone in.

ReputationRep:
    Now why couldn't we get that goal last season with a much stronger attack -_-
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Think he was left out to dry a bit by Markovic tbh. Hazard had the beating of him a fair few times, but he held is own considering this is only his fifth game at the back for us.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.