Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have no idea what i'm doing. i've had sex with webber. several times over the last 3 days. he came over about an hour ago and i happened to be in a towel after my bath; off came the towel, off came his cothes, an so on. he's literally just left to go back to work.
there's so much passion and i think i'm in love with him and he told me when we were drunk and at it the other night that he thinks he's in love with me too (we've said i love you for ages but in a friendly way). it was amazing but i can't do this, i really can't put myself in that position again. I don't want a relationship but i really really don't want to lose my best friend.

duck. duckety duck duck duck.

it doesn't help matters that literally everyone keeps telling us what a great couple we'd be.

i realise this is probably a really annoying problem but i'm all over the place because of it.
Immunity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsi101)
thank you; that's exactly how it is. and things like that don't even phase me any more:nope: it's like how can people get stressed over the most trivial of things i just sometimes feel like screaming SHUTUPP! lol..but i guess they just don't know like you said. and thanks for the offer, your replies have helped as now i'm glad someone else understands what i mean!:hugs:
Yeah don't worry. Do you also get loads of people asking you if you are alright when it is clear you aren't? I ended up cracking at one point, loads of people had asked me and I shrugged them off, then one of my friends asked me and I yelled at them in the middle of the library, everyone was stunned not least the librarian. :rolleyes:
Another time, people were sitting in lesson talking about rubbish like this, I got so annoyed I got up without saying a word, then slammed the door behind me. Just have to deal with it.
Glad to have helped
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thank you; that's exactly how it is. and things like that don't even phase me any more:nope: it's like how can people get stressed over the most trivial of things i just sometimes feel like screaming SHUTUPP! lol..but i guess they just don't know like you said. and thanks for the offer, your replies have helped as now i'm glad someone else understands what i mean!:hugs:
just wanted to say i know the feeling too. you're definitely not alone.
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Immunity)
Yeah don't worry. Do you also get loads of people asking you if you are alright when it is clear you aren't? I ended up cracking at one point, loads of people had asked me and I shrugged them off, then one of my friends asked me and I yelled at them in the middle of the library, everyone was stunned not least the librarian. :rolleyes:
Another time, people were sitting in lesson talking about rubbish like this, I got so annoyed I got up without saying a word, then slammed the door behind me. Just have to deal with it.
Glad to have helped

only when im at school tbh and i just shrug it off with a lie: 'yeah' just so shush them and move on. but it's always a lie, as if i'm gunna blurt out my life story:p:
and i could imagine:console: :hugs: at least you don't *always* hold it in as that could have negative effects too. i guess we can't help their ignorance and their lack of understanding on how bad things really can be in this life.
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
just wanted to say i know the feeling too. you're definitely not alone.

yh it really is annoying. because we're the ones with real problems and they just think not having their favourite dvd in store[for example] is worthy of a major stress-session. it's like come off it! you don't know half of it. or how tough things can be.

:hugs:
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
yh it really is annoying. because we're the ones with real problems and they just think not having their favourite dvd in store[for example] is worthy of a major stress-session. it's like come off it! you don't know half of it. or how tough things can be.

the worst is when people are saying to me that i have no idea how hard things can be. feel like freakin screaming at them.
Immunity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
only when im at school tbh and i just shrug it off with a lie: 'yeah' just so shush them and move on. but it's always a lie, as if i'm gunna blurt out my life story:p:
and i could imagine:console: :hugs: at least you don't *always* hold it in as that could have negative effects too. i guess we can't help their ignorance and their lack of understanding on how bad things really can be in this life.
Nah, they have to find out the hard way. By that I mean I plan to nick their favourite pair of shoes, now that would cause a massive stress :p: .

Death drop, I'm sorry but I can't thing of any advice to give you :hugs:
Immunity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
the worst is when people are saying to me that i have no idea how hard things can be. feel like freakin screaming at them.
Scream at them, I want to slap them. And usually I am not a violent person. For some reason people haven't told me that in a while :rolleyes:
lauren_lfc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey, erm i thought id jst say hi on here. dont know if im looking for advice or owt. just wanting to talk i guess. so ive had some really bad stuff go on the last 7/8 months and its affected me so much. all my family think im ok and that ive dealt with it and its in the past, but its not. i wake up everyday thinking of things and think my life is pointless. i cant explain the feeling i have, its like my mind goes into overtime thinking about things then i get reallllly wound up and frustrated by myself and feel like theres no point. i dont really know what im achieving by this, guess im just looking to try and help myself. sorry for the ramble too.
Immunity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lauren_lfc)
hey, erm i thought id jst say hi on here. dont know if im looking for advice or owt. just wanting to talk i guess. so ive had some really bad stuff go on the last 7/8 months and its affected me so much. all my family think im ok and that ive dealt with it and its in the past, but its not. i wake up everyday thinking of things and think my life is pointless. i cant explain the feeling i have, its like my mind goes into overtime thinking about things then i get reallllly wound up and frustrated by myself and feel like theres no point. i dont really know what im achieving by this, guess im just looking to try and help myself. sorry for the ramble too.
Hi, don't worry about rambling on this thread. I think that is the purpose of this thread, to listen and to try and help each other. Perhaps you need to try and find a point to your life, think of all the people you have made an impact on over the years and it really would be a shame to deny people you could meet in the future the opportunity to get to know you. People deal with things in different ways, and sometimes it takes time and we put a brave face on as not to worry other people. Is there anyone you are close to, your mum/a close friend you can say how you are really feeling, if not feel free to post on here or you can pm me if you would prefer.
Hope you are okay :hugs:
lauren_lfc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi, don't worry about rambling on this thread. I think that is the purpose of this thread, to listen and to try and help each other. Perhaps you need to try and find a point to your life, think of all the people you have made an impact on over the years and it really would be a shame to deny people you could meet in the future the opportunity to get to know you. People deal with things in different ways, and sometimes it takes time and we put a brave face on as not to worry other people. Is there anyone you are close to, your mum/a close friend you can say how you are really feeling, if not feel free to post on here or you can pm me if you would prefer.
Hope you are okay :hugs:
thanks for the reply i really appreciate it! see ive been trying to get through it all, i have some good days but then im just back to the same place i was 6 months ago. i hate it though cos it feels like its never gonna go away.i had some bad things happen to me and they still play a big part in my life, always ahve flashbacks etc. ahhh i dnt knw i jsut wana get my head sorted and go out and not care lyk other girls my age. my mother would completely lock me in the house and wouldnt let me see anyone if i told her! we dont really talk much. ive told a mate about everything thats happened to me but shes had problems herself and thinks shes in a worse position than me. ahh its just complicated, feel like im going nuts! lol
Malsy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it's depressing when you have to turn down a holiday cos you're a depressed low life.
Immunity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lauren_lfc)
thanks for the reply i really appreciate it! see ive been trying to get through it all, i have some good days but then im just back to the same place i was 6 months ago. i hate it though cos it feels like its never gonna go away.i had some bad things happen to me and they still play a big part in my life, always ahve flashbacks etc. ahhh i dnt knw i jsut wana get my head sorted and go out and not care lyk other girls my age. my mother would completely lock me in the house and wouldnt let me see anyone if i told her! we dont really talk much. ive told a mate about everything thats happened to me but shes had problems herself and thinks shes in a worse position than me. ahh its just complicated, feel like im going nuts! lol
:hugs: Perhaps it will never completely go away, however it will ease in time. Each time you feel a little better, do you feel better for longer? Does something happen to remind you about what happened? Have you thought about seeing someone to try and get your head sorted, to help come to terms with whatever has happened etc, something to consider.
About your friend, it is better nnot to compare your problems with other peoples. There will always be someone better off than you and someone who is worse off, we all deal with stuff differently.
Immunity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
it's depressing when you have to turn down a holiday cos you're a depressed low life.
No! Just because you have depression doesn't mean you are inferior. You are still the same person, you can be more than just depressed :hugs:
x.Crystal.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello fellow depressives. I have depression (I suffered for years before being diagnosed, i didnt know i had it), and know that its the WORST feeling in the world! And i thought id share with you all a project i recently did for Depression Alliance. I recently designed a Depression Awareness Campaign, consisting of 2 posters, and a booklet
One poster for the person with depression, highlighting symptoms as its the hardest illness to diagnose.
The second for the friends and family, to inform them about the condition and how to help.
I also designed, as i say, an information booklet, with a list of contacts and advice both for family, friends and the person suffering.
My angle was not to jump straight onto anti depressants, but to open up and talk to someone. And i tried not to make this campaign depressing, as thats the last thing you want for a depression campaign.

I thought id share this with you all. There are not many awareness campaigns out there, and i wanted to do something that helped people with depression (which is often NOT taken seriously).
Ive uploaded the 2 posters on my blog, but havent yet been able to upload the booklet as yet.
Feel free to have a look atmy blog

I am in the process of approaching charities and support services with this campaign, Nottingham Trent University have agreed to use it, and im hoping more will follow suit.

I apologize if it seems like i am plugging my work, i am not. I just wish to share a project which i thoroughly enjoyed doing, hoping to help those out there who are suffering from depression and are feeling lost.

I also would recommend people to visit Depression Alliance if they are feeling low, as they have many ways to help

www.depressionalliance.org
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Feeling very meh this evening. Not looking at all forward to work this week, I start nights on Thursday and I am **** scared :sad:
Jade2009
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I feel embarrassed posting on here as I have been shy all of my life. I have had a horrible day today and can't be bothered with anything anymore. I wish I had someone to talk to who actually understands and doesn't laugh in my face. I have no friends to talk to which makes it worse
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jade2009)
I feel embarrassed posting on here as I have been shy all of my life. I have had a horrible day today and can't be bothered with anything anymore. I wish I had someone to talk to who actually understands and doesn't laugh in my face. I have no friends to talk to which makes it worse
We're all hear, ready to listen :hugs:
lauren_lfc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:hugs: Perhaps it will never completely go away, however it will ease in time. Each time you feel a little better, do you feel better for longer? Does something happen to remind you about what happened? Have you thought about seeing someone to try and get your head sorted, to help come to terms with whatever has happened etc, something to consider.
About your friend, it is better nnot to compare your problems with other peoples. There will always be someone better off than you and someone who is worse off, we all deal with stuff differently.
yeh i do feel better in a way. went through a few weeks of feeling great and id forgot everything that happened and ive just gone back down again and i really dont know why. the way i am is because of things that happened with my ex and i constantly have flashbacks and lack of sleep, mainly due to fear of him. know one really knows this though, all my family think im fine cos i put on quite a good front to them. yehhh i know i shouldnt compare, it jsut happens sometimes. thanks for your replies anyways, i feel like am totally rambling about something really pointless lol
Immunity
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jade2009)
Aww :hugs: well we are all here if you want to rant. Sometimes it helps if someone listens, and don't feel embarrassed we all have our own problems, we just try to help each other out as best we can.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.47%
No - but I will (74)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (463)
47.93%

Watched Threads