Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Lancaster 2012 Applicants! Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SBarns)
    Well I was thinking Pendle standard (non-ensuite), or Furness standard (non-ensuite) - basically the cheapest ones possible. Yeah I was originally intending to go to St Andrews, but went up to the subject open day mid-Feb and it totally convinced me.
    Ahh cool, where are you from? I live in Birmingham, I'm travelling up to the subject open day on the 10th March. I was going to wait until after this day to firm it, but today in a moment of happy madness I just thought "Ha I'll firm it" and did it. What's your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumJohn)
    Did you go to 18th feb?
    Yes I did, were you there too?

ReputationRep:
    What are some thoughts on getting a part time job in Lancaster? In my opinion it seems a bit isolated to land a job in Lancaster? Not that I hate Lancaster since the Campus is great.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did, were you there too?
    yeh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifstatement)
    What are some thoughts on getting a part time job in Lancaster? In my opinion it seems a bit isolated to land a job in Lancaster? Not that I hate Lancaster since the Campus is great.
    They have a job shop that helps you get a job but i don't know how good it is sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelizabeth)
    Ahh cool, where are you from? I live in Birmingham, I'm travelling up to the subject open day on the 10th March. I was going to wait until after this day to firm it, but today in a moment of happy madness I just thought "Ha I'll firm it" and did it. What's your insurance?
    Just west of Birmingham, you know Kidderminster? Yeah I was originally intending to go to St Andrews and then make the decision, but I knew it was the right place so just firmed it. Heriot Watt, what's yours?

ReputationRep:
    yeh!
    If you saw someone in a retro, extremely outlandish patterned jumper then that was me. What college(s) you thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, will be firming for BA Geography with a year abroad, so excited for October!!

ReputationRep:
    If you saw someone in a retro, extremely outlandish patterned jumper then that was me. What college(s) you thinking of?
    either furness standard or county superior standard and sorry i dont really remember many people ther

ReputationRep:
    Just west of Birmingham, you know Kidderminster? Yeah I was originally intending to go to St Andrews and then make the decision, but I knew it was the right place so just firmed it. Heriot Watt, what's yours?
    Yeah I know Kidderminster.
    I think I've been planning to go to Lancaster since around this time last year, when I first got their prospectus and started properly looking into studying Maths.
    My insurance is Keele, they wanted ABC so I figured it was a safe bet and would allow me to definitely avoid clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mandehmorning)
    Hey, will be firming for BA Geography with a year abroad, so excited for October!!
    awesome what college are you thinking of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelizabeth)
    Yeah I know Kidderminster.
    I think I've been planning to go to Lancaster since around this time last year, when I first got their prospectus and started properly looking into studying Maths.
    My insurance is Keele, they wanted ABC so I figured it was a safe bet and would allow me to definitely avoid clearing
    Yeah, it's a wonderful place...
    My head of maths went to Lancaster many, many years ago, so that's where I first heard of it, and ahh that's sensible, HW want BBB, a nice low offer.

ReputationRep:
    either furness standard or county superior standard and sorry i dont really remember many people ther
    Ah sounds good, and no worries was just wondering Which course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Ah sounds good, and no worries was just wondering Which course did you apply for?
    G100 (just maths) what about you?

ReputationRep:
    awesome what college are you thinking of?
    not sure yet, but liked the look of Furness. Are you doing Geography too?

ReputationRep:
    G100 (just maths) what about you?
    G103, the study abroad one. Not sure if I actually want to go abroad yet, but I figured it would be easier to opt out than opt in. I have no idea about minor options though...

ReputationRep:
    G103, the study abroad one. Not sure if I actually want to go abroad yet, but I figured it would be easier to opt out than opt in. I have no idea about minor options though...
    ah fe i'm thinking computer science

ReputationRep:
    Really what are you thinking of doing your minor in, I was thinking computer science
    Marketing or mybe psychology just to see the hype about the subject from my friends, seriously all apart from 3 of my friends who are going uni have decided to take it :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mandehmorning)
    not sure yet, but liked the look of Furness. Are you doing Geography too?
    Yeh furness looks cool and no i'm doing maths

ReputationRep:
    You know the minor options, are you talking about elective modules? (Like, 20 credits or so in a different subject other than maths)
    Or an actual minor subject / dual honours heavily weighted on Maths?

If we're talking electives, do you know if we get them in the first year or is it second/later?
    Cheers

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.