Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rainbowl)
    2 offers and three to go
    wow u sent your application off just quite recently and have already two offers Rainbow congrats to u.I sent mine off a month before and still havnt heard anything at all.The way its going it might be after XMAS before i do hear anything "sigh"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgil)
    I have no offers, DAM
    Same no Offers Virgil it seems to me anyway that those who are in there last year of doing A levels are receiving their offers quite quickley wheras applicants like me who applied for more proffessional course havnt heard anything.Good luck to you Virgil :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChellyX)
    Does anyone know how long it takes to recieve acknowledgements/offers/rejections from:
    Surrey
    Royal Holloway
    Leicester
    City
    and Goldsmiths?

I'm so nervous The wait is killing me.
    City and Goldsmiths don't send acknowledgements. I got an offer from Goldsmiths after 3 days, still no news from City though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    All I've got is just one acknowledgement... the waiting for new is driving me crazy *nod*

dito! When did you send your application off? I'm waiting for Sheffield and Nottingham, too.
    Plus reading comments like "Oh, I only have two/three/four offers, I can't wait for the others" are a little frustrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_mariposa)
    dito! When did you send your application off? I'm waiting for Sheffield and Nottingham, too.
    Plus reading comments like "Oh, I only have two/three/four offers, I can't wait for the others" are a little frustrating
    Last Wednesday, just got my welcome letter. At least it's something
    I just want some offers for Christmas :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakBrannigan)
    wow u sent your application off just quite recently and have already two offers Rainbow congrats to u.I sent mine off a month before and still havnt heard anything at all.The way its going it might be after XMAS before i do hear anything "sigh"

yea i know im quite surprised and im addicted to track. and thanks and good luk to you aswell.
    what will you be studying then.

ReputationRep:
    Last Wednesday, just got my welcome letter. At least it's something
    I just want some offers for Christmas :rolleyes:
    That'd be the best xmas present :yep:

I sent mine off two days before you did and got my welcome letter on Monday. There wasn't anything new in there though... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I only wanted to go to 3 of my choices, and now I've been rejected from two of them -.-
    Only hoping for Cambridge now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by synvilla)
    I only wanted to go to 3 of my choices, and now I've been rejected from two of them -.-
    Only hoping for Cambridge now
    Nout wrong with Durham!-anyway, up north is 10 times better than the south!

ReputationRep:
    Sent my application off on Monday. Got an email today from UEA saying they had recieved my application and I should be hearing from them again "very soon." I just wish I knew how long very soon was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    Hahaha I was so gutted when I checked it for real :p: I'm SO impatient, it's been less than a fortnight and already I could kill someone. I want all the horrible white space on Track to turn into SOME kind of text (ideally not rejections, but if needs must :p: )
    A fortnight's not so bad. I've been waiting a few weeks longer, so imagine how I feel! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    That'd be the best xmas present :yep:

I sent mine off two days before you did and got my welcome letter on Monday. There wasn't anything new in there though... :rolleyes:

So it's the same amount of time anyway.
    Well, Sheffield and Nottingham seem to be of the quick ones making offers, so not hearing from them soon would be quite discouraging...

ReputationRep:
    Well, Sheffield and Nottingham seem to be of the quick ones making offers, so not hearing from them soon would be quite discouraging...
    Really? I'm applying to both those unis though I'm a LOT more interested in hearing from Nottingham than Sheffield...
    How long would you say they take to contact you? Nottingham certainly is quick responding e-mails anyway (I've been having a pleasant conversation with someone in the admissions office while I'm still waiting on Warwick to answer my e-mails for 3 days now).

Ugh I'm so anxious. I want news, but I'm afraid they'll be bad so I'm torn between wanting them and not wanting them. :eek3:

ReputationRep:

Are they usually quick in sending acknowledgements, too? I haven't seen anyone on here who, applied to those two for my course who already had a reply though. I think it's quite competetive ate both Unis

(Original post by shiningmer)
    Really? I'm applying to both those unis though I'm a LOT more interested in hearing from Nottingham than Sheffield...
    How long would you say they take to contact you? Nottingham certainly is quick responding e-mails anyway (I've been having a pleasant conversation with someone in the admissions office while I'm still waiting on Warwick to answer my e-mails for 3 days now).
    Really? They never replied to mine! The only university to send quick (and useful!) replies to me was Exeter (where I finally chose not to apply though, they were my sixth choice )

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield are very fast at processing and sending out offers.

Everyone I know applying to Sheff. has got an offer within 7 working days. That's 5 people. I got mine in 5.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield hasnt even acknowledged me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangeStu)
    How on earth did you write a personal statement including medicine and computer science? :lolwut:
    I don't think Nottingham are that quick. Well obviously it depends from department to department, but generally it seems people hear from them after about a month or so (from my observations).

ReputationRep:
    Really? They never replied to mine! The only university to send quick (and useful!) replies to me was Exeter (where I finally chose not to apply though, they were my sixth choice )
    Yeah really quick. I sent an e-mail Sunday really late and Monday by 10 A.M. I already a response, and then on Tuesday another. I had relatively simple questions though (basically what were the entry requirements for portuguese students because we don't have A-levels and our grades come in numbers instead of letters). I was very surprised actually. I thought it would take ages. Did you try this e-mail: [email protected] ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrangeStu)
    To be fair, 3 of my mates were Arts. I'm doing History and so are a couple of my mates.
    2 were doing engineering and they got offers in 3 working days, but i'm sure it differs depending on course etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkachillislap)
    Nout wrong with Durham!-anyway, up north is 10 times better than the south!
    Yeah, but I don't know if it's worth the time and the money. And I don't really see myself in a small town like that. I really like the look of the university and the course though.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.