Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    wilson house is a ****hole. don't live there

Evelyn halls are good, quite close to campus and there's several of them (plus a garden).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackhewitt92)
    Evelyn halls are good, quite close to campus and there's several of them (plus a garden).
    What's Fisher hall like. Some people say they loved it, others said it was a s***hole...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemAddict)
    What's Fisher hall like. Some people say they loved it, others said it was a s***hole...
    It's the cheapest and looks more run down than the rest...guess that explains the price. I guess it's what you make of it, the interior's not going to be as fabby but if you have great people it makes up for it (and you save I guess?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    It's the cheapest and looks more run down than the rest...guess that explains the price. I guess it's what you make of it, the interior's not going to be as fabby but if you have great people it makes up for it (and you save I guess?)
    Fair enough, I picked it cuz it was close to campus and cheap (dont really have the money to burn)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemAddict)
    Fair enough, I picked it cuz it was close to campus and cheap (dont really have the money to burn)
    Yeah I picked it because of price. I'm sure it's fine. Looks good in pictures and people I've spoken to said it's nice enough, just a bit more basic that the higher priced places which is obvious really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    Yeah I picked it because of price. I'm sure it's fine. Looks good in pictures and people I've spoken to said it's nice enough, just a bit more basic that the higher priced places which is obvious really.
    I didn't like fischer.

But evelyn gardens or garden and weeks are the best places to live if you can't afford south/eastside/beit
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackhewitt92)
    I didn't like fischer.

But evelyn gardens or garden and weeks are the best places to live if you can't afford south/eastside/beit
    Well I get what I get so I'm going move in with a positive attitude where ever. Having already been to university I think it's more about the people you live with.

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Fisher, it was amazing. It's the cheapest, which means all your friends in other halls are jealous that they're paying the same for their double room as you are for your large single room. There's a great sense of loyalty, pride and community, which speaking to people in Eastside you don't get there in the same way at all. It may be a bit shabby around the edges, but not having televisions in your kitchens (as the posh halls do) seems to force people to actually come together and interact with each other. Even speaking to ex-Fishers, everybody seemed to have had a great time there. Plus, living in Evelyn Gardens is lovely, so I'd also recommend Bernard Sunley, Southwell, Willis Jackson and Holbein. Although I hear that they've merged Bernard Sunley with Southwell this year?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batmaz)
    I lived in Fisher, it was amazing. It's the cheapest, which means all your friends in other halls are jealous that they're paying the same for their double room as you are for your large single room. There's a great sense of loyalty, pride and community, which speaking to people in Eastside you don't get there in the same way at all. It may be a bit shabby around the edges, but not having televisions in your kitchens (as the posh halls do) seems to force people to actually come together and interact with each other. Even speaking to ex-Fishers, everybody seemed to have had a great time there. Plus, living in Evelyn Gardens is lovely, so I'd also recommend Bernard Sunley, Southwell, Willis Jackson and Holbein. Although I hear that they've merged Bernard Sunley with Southwell this year?
    Sounds good . Fisher is one of my choices so would be delighted to get it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batmaz)
    Bu-but... I applied to both Bernard Sunley and Southwell :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Bu-but... I applied to both Bernard Sunley and Southwell :cry2:
    At the moment it seems to be rumour and hearsay. I think they're going to be under the same warden but maybe have separate subwardens and hall seniors?

ReputationRep:
    has the accomodation applications started yet? I've yet to receive information on this, although Imperial is my insurance.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaouLelouch)
    has the accomodation applications started yet? I've yet to receive information on this, although Imperial is my insurance.
    Yeah I had mine back in May. Maybe it is later for you because they are your insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaouLelouch)
    I swear you asked about this before, and I mentioned to you that you'll have yours later (August or so) because you've insured Imperial? :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I'd be allowed to take my pet plant into halls? I can't really see why not.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I'd be allowed to take my pet plant into halls? I can't really see why not.
    Of course; I don't see on what grounds it'd be refused entry

ReputationRep:
    You and me both...well, I don't have a pet plant, but I'm going to have a mini herb garden so.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    You and me both...well, I don't have a pet plant, but I'm going to have a mini herb garden so.
    Arr awesome. I was thinking of maybe having a mini herb garden too, but my main concern was whether I could take Alistair with me or not.

ReputationRep:
    I need me a pet plant. My friend has an avocado plant called Mr. Friendly and it always makes me giggle - and giggles are good!

ReputationRep:
    Arr awesome. I was thinking of maybe having a mini herb garden too, but my main concern was whether I could take Alistair with me or not.
    You named your plant Alistair?!?! As in wheelyjoe-Alistair? XD
    Anyway, what plant is it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.