Low humour for people of low holding... it fits.
Summer? it's winter: only 25°C.
ok guys ur all going to kings next yr hopefully . . trust me ull have an amazing yr!! its a gr8 place to be and study . . .whereeva u get halls just mke sure u:
1) have lots of fun - goes without saying but ud be surprised; some ppl dnt get ssa or gds and thing its the end ... trust its not, wolfsten house, hughes parry any other halls r amazing, just mke the most of it
2) soon to be lawyers - doo all of the reading . . . no matter what u do, ull regret it if u dont! just keep on top of notes and go to all lectures... they r the best for learning.... and all seminars! its soo easy not to but lissen spend a few hrs a day in the lib and ull be much happier at the end.... mke lots of ffriends on the course, it helps!!
3) historians . . make sure u make the most of your first few weeks . . . talk to as many ppl as u can and go to all ur lectures and meet as many ppl as u can, also do ur modules early . . quite competitive for places! if u guys dont meet ppl on ur course at the begining ull find it hard because ur seminars r very small etc whereas lawyers have bigger groups more consistent lectures etc
4) dont listen to ppl who tell u they dont wrk etc. . . .everyone does, jst mke sure u do all ur seminar wrk/essays etc and its sooo doable during the day and yes sometimes u have to work at night but whatever, even use weekends if u can spare a bit of time in btween sleeping and other jobs (good idea coz u all need money but limit the hrs u do)
5) key to success = revision at easter! your only main study leave, and its in march for like a month so revise harrddd in tht time
anyway guys have fun, kings is great and first yr is gr8 . . .enjoy it!
p.s. it is possible to have fun and wrk really hard; and its always best to have friends in a variety of courses butmake sure u make some GOOd friends on ur own course. x
Right guys. A lot of people i know going to uni of london universities, have already got their accommodation packs through, and know where they will be living in September.
Am i right in thinking that King's won't be sending us anything until we have got our exam results (for those people with conditional firm offers), because i am starting to worry that i have been forgotten!
We won't know until the end of August. Horrific really.
i'm glad i was right lol. It is a bit scary that i wont know where im living untill 2 weeks before i go.
But we're all in the same boat. i'm hoping so much to hget stamford street...or i suppose great dover street aswell. If i dont get them, i'll go private with my fiance.
Roll on results day, i know every day after i'll be waiting for a big brown envelope in the post!
i was the same for stamford street! dont wrry guys its a few weeks after . BUT jst dont bug the accom office, they r soo busy BUT after a few weeks like 26th Aug call them if u havent heard anything... ull all be fine!!