King's general chat Watch

Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by OppressedMass)
have we still not learned that saecasm is the lowest form of humour?
people here have problems with simple sarcasm, how on earth are they going to understand more intelligent humour?
Jammertal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hi Ian. :hello:
OppressedMass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Low humour for people of low holding... it fits.
OppressedMass
Rep:
?
*Cough*
16 days...
Bissman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by OppressedMass)
*Cough*
16 days...
So whats evreyones plan for Results day then? does it prehaps involve a noose?
Jammertal
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:aetsch:

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Sijia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bissman)
So whats evreyones plan for Results day then? does it prehaps involve a noose?
Speaking of nooses, my history teacher once attached one to a teddy bear that was the mascot of a rival football team (american football anyway). That noose was remarkably well made.
Baadshah
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I am the man.
dismal_laundry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dude...Baadshah...welcome back
OppressedMass
Rep:
?
Summer is crap
dismal_laundry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can be...
Jammertal
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Summer? it's winter: only 25°C.
Prax
Report 12 years ago
ok guys ur all going to kings next yr hopefully . . trust me ull have an amazing yr!! its a gr8 place to be and study . . .whereeva u get halls just mke sure u:

1) have lots of fun - goes without saying but ud be surprised; some ppl dnt get ssa or gds and thing its the end ... trust its not, wolfsten house, hughes parry any other halls r amazing, just mke the most of it

2) soon to be lawyers - doo all of the reading . . . no matter what u do, ull regret it if u dont! just keep on top of notes and go to all lectures... they r the best for learning.... and all seminars! its soo easy not to but lissen spend a few hrs a day in the lib and ull be much happier at the end.... mke lots of ffriends on the course, it helps!!

3) historians . . make sure u make the most of your first few weeks . . . talk to as many ppl as u can and go to all ur lectures and meet as many ppl as u can, also do ur modules early . . quite competitive for places! if u guys dont meet ppl on ur course at the begining ull find it hard because ur seminars r very small etc whereas lawyers have bigger groups more consistent lectures etc

4) dont listen to ppl who tell u they dont wrk etc. . . .everyone does, jst mke sure u do all ur seminar wrk/essays etc and its sooo doable during the day and yes sometimes u have to work at night but whatever, even use weekends if u can spare a bit of time in btween sleeping and other jobs (good idea coz u all need money but limit the hrs u do)

5) key to success = revision at easter! your only main study leave, and its in march for like a month so revise harrddd in tht time

anyway guys have fun, kings is great and first yr is gr8 . . .enjoy it!
Prax
Report 12 years ago
p.s. it is possible to have fun and wrk really hard; and its always best to have friends in a variety of courses butmake sure u make some GOOd friends on ur own course. x
legal_mc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Prax)
ok guys ur all going to kings next yr hopefully . . trust me ull have an amazing yr!! its a gr8 place to be and study . . .whereeva u get halls just mke sure u:

1) have lots of fun - goes without saying but ud be surprised; some ppl dnt get ssa or gds and thing its the end ... trust its not, wolfsten house, hughes parry any other halls r amazing, just mke the most of it

2) soon to be lawyers - doo all of the reading . . . no matter what u do, ull regret it if u dont! just keep on top of notes and go to all lectures... they r the best for learning.... and all seminars! its soo easy not to but lissen spend a few hrs a day in the lib and ull be much happier at the end.... mke lots of ffriends on the course, it helps!!

3) historians . . make sure u make the most of your first few weeks . . . talk to as many ppl as u can and go to all ur lectures and meet as many ppl as u can, also do ur modules early . . quite competitive for places! if u guys dont meet ppl on ur course at the begining ull find it hard because ur seminars r very small etc whereas lawyers have bigger groups more consistent lectures etc

4) dont listen to ppl who tell u they dont wrk etc. . . .everyone does, jst mke sure u do all ur seminar wrk/essays etc and its sooo doable during the day and yes sometimes u have to work at night but whatever, even use weekends if u can spare a bit of time in btween sleeping and other jobs (good idea coz u all need money but limit the hrs u do)

5) key to success = revision at easter! your only main study leave, and its in march for like a month so revise harrddd in tht time

anyway guys have fun, kings is great and first yr is gr8 . . .enjoy it!
Very helpful, Thanks!
joeybee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Right guys. A lot of people i know going to uni of london universities, have already got their accommodation packs through, and know where they will be living in September.

Am i right in thinking that King's won't be sending us anything until we have got our exam results (for those people with conditional firm offers), because i am starting to worry that i have been forgotten!
Jammertal
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, we'll all hear at the end of August.
Sijia
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We won't know until the end of August. Horrific really.
joeybee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i'm glad i was right lol. It is a bit scary that i wont know where im living untill 2 weeks before i go.
But we're all in the same boat. i'm hoping so much to hget stamford street...or i suppose great dover street aswell. If i dont get them, i'll go private with my fiance.

Roll on results day, i know every day after i'll be waiting for a big brown envelope in the post!
Prax
Report 12 years ago
i was the same for stamford street! dont wrry guys its a few weeks after . BUT jst dont bug the accom office, they r soo busy BUT after a few weeks like 26th Aug call them if u havent heard anything... ull all be fine!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads